|Article title||THEORETICAL-GRAPH MODEL OF IP-BLOCKS FOR CMOS TECHNOLOGY WITH 3D STRUCTURE OF THE TRANSISTOR|
|Authors||S.V. Gavrilov, G.A. Ivanova, A.L. Stempkovskiy|
|Section||SECTION II. AUTOMATION OF DESIGNING|
|Month, Year||07, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||The paper is devoted to research and development of methods of designing custom IP-blocks in the basis elements with regular topological structure in layers of polysilicon and diffusion. For today the leading developers of microelectronic devices continue to work out the key modules of microelectronic systems, such as core microprocessors, microcontrollers completely custom-made in a mode in which the final composition of library elements is not known before-hand, and the design is extremely low at the transistor level. However, automation of process logic and topology synthesis for a completely custom design is difficult due to significant increase in the complexity of the problem with increasing integration of microelectronic systems and decreasing the size of the basic elements of technology to 22 nm and below. Proposed methods of the formation of topological designs of various FinFET structures for topology synthesis of elements with a regular topological structure in layers of polysilicon and diffusion.|
|Keywords||CAD (computer-aided design); SP-DAG; Intellective property IP-block; finFET transistor; CMOS technology.|
|References||1. Talalay M.S., Trushin K.V., Venger O.V. Logicheskiy sintez kombinatsionnykh skhem na osnove tranzistornykh shablonov s regulyarnoy topologiey [Logic synthesis of combinational circuits based on the transistor templates with regular topology], Informatsionnihe tekhnologii [Information technologies], 2011, No. 4 (176), pp. 2-7.
2. Muttreja A., Agarwal N., Jha N.K. CMOS Logic Design with Independent-gate FinFETs, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, 2007, pp. 560-567.
3. Meinhardt C., Reis R. FinFET Basic Cells Evaluation for Regular Layouts, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, 2013, pp. 1-4.
4. Mishra P., Muttreja A., Jha N.K. FinFET Circuit Design, Springer Science+Business Media LLC, 2011, pp. 23-54.
5. Datta A., Goel A., Cakici R.T. Modeling and Circuit Synthesis for Independently Controlled Double Gate FinFET Devices, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems. 2007, pp. 1957-1966.
6. Huang X., Lee W.-C., Kuo C., Hisamoto D. Sub 50-nm FinFET: PFET, Tech. Dig. IEDM, Washington, DC, 1999, pp. 67-70.
7. Collinge J.P. FinFETs and Other Multi-Gate Transistors. New York: Springer, 2008.
8. Liu Y.X., Matsukawa T., Endo K., Masahara M. Cointegration of high-performance tied-gate three-terminal FinFETs and variable threshold-voltage independent-gate four-terminal FinFETs with asymmetric gate-oxide thicknesses, IEEE Electron Device Lett, 2007, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 517-519.
9. Agostinelli M., Alioto M., Esseni D., Selmi L. Leakage-delay tradeoff in FinFET logic circuits: A comparative analysis with bulk technology, IEEE Trans. Very Large Scale Integr. (VLSI) Syst, 2010, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp 232-245.
10. Tawfik S.A., Kursun V. Low-power and compact sequential circuits with independent-gate FinFETs, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, 2008, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 60-70.
11. Cakici R T., Roy K. Analysis of options in double-gate MOS technology: A circuit perspective, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, 2007. Vol. 54, No. 12, pp. 3361-3368.
12. Anil K.G, Henson K., Biesemans S., Collaert N. Layout density analysis of FinFET, Proc. ESSDERC, 2003, pp. 139-142.
13. Gavrilov S.V., Gudkova O.N., Shchelokov A.N. Logiko-vremennoy analiz nanometrovykh skhem na osnove intervalnogo podkhoda [Logic-temporal analysis of nanometer circuits based interval approach], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2012, No. 7 (132), pp. 85-91.