|Article title||MULTIMEDIA-TRAFFIC ALLOCATION OVER MULTIPLE PATHS IN HETEROGENEOUS NETWORK|
|Section||SECTION IV. METHODS OF INFORMATION PROCESSING|
|Month, Year||08, 2014 @en|
|Index UDC||004.4, 004.7|
|Abstract||The main purpose of a project was development of Sender-Side Path Scheduling (SSPS) algorithm. The main idea of proposed algorithm is sending bit rate allocation through several paths with maximum available bandwidth. Thus it allows to aggregate bandwidth of several access net-works and reduces losses. The proposed algorithm can be used with several wireless technologies and under throughput restrictions. Also the survey of existing method was done. At the current stage of an investigation the prototype of a simple system for transmission multimedia traffic was build (on the basis of WLAN (IEEE 802.11g) and LAN).|
|Keywords||Traffic allocation; bandwidth aggregation; losses reduction.|
|References||1. Gustafsson E., Jonsson A. Always Best connected, IEEE Wireless Communications, 2003, Vol. 10, Issue 1, February, pp. 49-55.
2. Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2012-2017. May 2013.
3. Ramboli A.L., Falowo O.E., Chan A.H. Bandwidth aggregation in heterogeneous wireless net-works: A survey of current approaches and issues, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 2012, No. 35, May, pp. 1674-1690.
4. Chebrolu K. and Rao R.R. Bandwidth Aggregation for Real-Time Applications in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, IEEE Mobile Transactions on Mobile Computing, April 2006, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 388-403.
5. Jurca D. and Frossard P. Video Packet Selection and Scheduling for Multipath Streaming, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, April 2007, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 629-641.
6. Singh V., Ahsan A. and Ott J. MPRTP: Multipath Considerations for Real-time Media, MMSys ’13, Proceedings of the 4th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference, February 26-March 1, 2013, pp. 190-201.
7. Singh V., Karkkainen T., Ott J. and Ahsan S. Multipath RTP (MPRTP), 2012. IETF Draft, draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp.
8. Abramov E.S., Basan E.S. Razrabotka modeli zashchishchennoy klasternoy besprovodnoy sensornoy seti [Development of the model is protected clustered wireless sensor networks], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2013, No. 12 (149), pp. 48-56.
9. Schulzrinne H., Casner S., Frederick R. and Jacobson V. RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications., RFC 3550, 2003.
10. Extended RTP Profile for Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback (RTP/AVPF), RFC 4585.