|Article title||PHYSICAL-AND-TOPOLOGICAL MODEL OF INJECTION LASERS WITH THE DOUBLE HETEROSTRUCTURE|
|Authors||E.A. Ryndin, M.A. Denisenko|
|Section||SECTION I. NANOELECTRONICS|
|Month, Year||09, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||Physical-and-topological model is offered on the basis of the fundamental system of equations analysis in a semiconductor diffusion-and-drift approximation and kinetic equations of lasers. It allows to carry out the numerical analysis of dynamics processes in injection lasers taking into account their structural- and- topological features, band diagrams, a dopant profile, mechanisms of a spontaneous and stimulated recombination, unevenness of spatial distributions of electrons concentration, holes and photons in active area of the laser, features of spatial distribution of current density, influence of the peripheral areas of the laser on its characteristics. The physical-and-topological model allows assuming the analysis of transition processes in lasers both at the set change in time as rating current, and voltage on contacts, depending on the boundary conditions. Based on the analysis results of numerical modeling of injection double heterostructure laser, the limits of the offered diffusive-and-drift model applicability are defined.|
|Keywords||Injection double heterostructure laser; model.|
|References||1. Ozyazici M.S. The complete electrical equivalent circuit of a double heterojunction laser diode using scatterring parameters, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 2004, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 1243-1253.
2. Lim D.W., Cho H.U., Sung H.K., Yi J.C., Jhon Y.M. A PSPICE circuit modeling of strained AlGaInN laser diode based on the multilevel rate equations, Journal of the Optical Society of Korea, 2009, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 386-391.
3. Zarifkar A., Ansari L., Moravvej-Farshi M.K. An equivalent circuit model for analyzing separate conﬁnement heterostructure quantum well laser diodes including chirp and carrier transport effects, Fiber and Integrated Optics, 2009, No. 28, pp. 249-267.
4. Ryndin E.A., Denisenko M.A. Model' funktsional'no-integrirovannykh inzhektsionnykh lazerov-modulyatorov dlya integral'nykh sistem opticheskoy kommutatsii [The model is func-
tionally integrated injection lasers modulators for integrated optical switching systems], Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika [Izvestiya vuzov. Electronics], 2012, No. 6 (98), pp. 26-35.
5. Abramov I.I. Problemy i printsipy fiziki i modelirovaniya pribornykh struktur mikro- i nanoelektroniki. Ch.II. Modeli poluklassicheskogo podkhoda [Problems and principles of
physics and modeling of device structures for micro- and nanoelectronics. P.II. Model semiclassical approach], Nano- i mikrosistemnaya tekhnika [Nano - and Microsystem technology], 2006, No. 9, pp. 26-36.
6. Abramov I.I., Kharitonov V.V. Chislennoe modelirovanie elementov integral'nykh skhem [Problems and principles of physics and modeling of device structures for micro - and nanoelectronics. Ch. II. Model semiclassical approach], Pod red. A.G. Shashkova. Minsk.: Vysh. shk., 1990, 224 p.
7. Bubennikov A.N., Sadovnikov A.D. Fiziko-tekhnologicheskoe proektirovanie bipolyarnykh elementov kremnievykh BIS [Physico-technological design of the bipolar elements silicon BIS]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 1991, 288 p.
8. Alferov Z.I. Double Heterostructure Lasers: Early Days and Future Perspectives, IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 2000, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 832-840.
9. Konoplev B.G., Ryndin E.A., Denisenko M.A. Injection Laser with a Functionally Integrated Frequency Modulator Based on Spatially Shifted Quantum Wells, Technical Physics Letters, 2013, Vol. 39, No. 11, pp. 986-989.
10. Ryndin E.A., Denisenko M.A. A Functionally Integrated Injection Laser–Modulator with the Radiation Frequency Modulation, Russian Microelectronics, 2013, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 360-362.