|Article title||STRUCTURAL OPTIMIZATION OF THE CONTACT SYSTEM OF THE PIEZOCANTILEVER FOR ATOMIC FORCE MICROSCOPY|
|Authors||E.Yu. Gusev, V.A. Gamaleev, A.S. Mikhno, A.V. Bykov, J.Y. Jityaeva|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOSYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||09, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||The work is related to development of cantilevers with integrated registration system of beam deflection, based on the piezoelectric effect. Restriction of traditional cantilevers applicabil- ity is conditioned by need for external hardware – technically difficult systems of optical deviations registration. As the direction of solving the miniaturization and extending the AFM scope problems, development of cantilever with the integrated system abnormalities and their registration, including on the basis of piezoelectric effect is considered. It is known that the applicability and properties of the cantilever are determined by its design and geometry. In this paper a numerical effect simulation of the various contact metallization system on design options the deviation by the finite element method is carried out. The number of electrodes, their dimensions and material had being varied. The dimensions and the material of a cantilever basis and piezoelectric layer remained unchanged. The results allowed quantifying a design that is providing the maximum deviation at the fixed voltage. The developed model allows calculating the deviations of a squared piezocantilever with inter-digitated contact metallization system and various materials of functional layers when submitting allowable voltages.|
|Keywords||Cantilever; piezoelectric effect; beam deflection; atomic force microscopy.|
|References||1. Binnig G., Quate C.F., Gerber Ch. Atomic force microscope, Jpn. Phys. Rev. Lett., 1986, Vol. 56, No. 9, pp. 930-933.
2. Maslova N.S., Oreshkin A.I., Panov V.I. et al. STM evidence of dimensional quantization on the nanometer size surface defects, Solid State Communications, 1995, Vol. 95, No. 8, pp. 507-510.
3. Mironov V.L. Osnovy skaniruyushchey zondovoy mikroskopii [Fundamentals of scanning probe microscopy]. Nizhny Novgorod: Institut fiziki mikrostruktur, 2004, pp. 15-68.
4. King W.P. Design analysis of heated atomic force microscope cantilevers for nanotopography measurements , J. Micromech. Microeng, 2005, Vol. 15, pp. 24-41.
5. Kim S.-J., Ono T., Esashi M. Capacitive resonant mass sensor with frequency demodulation detection based on resonant circuit, Applied Physics Letters, 2006, Vol. 88, pp. 053116.
6. Ageev O.A., Mamikonova V.M., Petrov V.V. i dr. Mikroelektronnye preobrazovateli neelektricheskikh velichin [Microelectronic transducers non-electrical quantities]: Uchebnoe posobie [Study book]. Taganrog: TRTU, 2000, 153 p.
7. Ageev O.A., Belyaev A.E., Boltovets N.S. i dr. Fazy vnedreniya v tekhnologii poluprovodnikovykh priborov i SBIS [The implementation phase in the technology of semiconductor devices and VLSI]. Khar'kov: NTK «Institut monokristallov», 2008, 392 p.
8. Gusev E.Yu., Gamaleev V.A., Velichko R.V. i dr. Modelirovanie otkloneniya p'ezokantilevera zondovogo datchika na osnove oksida tsinka dlya atomno-silovoy mikroskopii [Modeling deviations of piezomaterial probe sensor based on zinc oxide for atomic force microscopy], Fizika i tekhnologiya mikro- i nanosistem: tezisy dokladov XIV nauchnoy Molodezhnoy shkoly (SPb., 24 – 25 noyabrya 2011) [Physics and technology of micro - and nanosystems:
proceedings of the XIV scientific Youth school (St. Petersburg, 24 - 25 November 2011)]. St. Petersburg: Fiziko-tekhnicheskiy institut im. A.F. Ioffe RAN, 2011, pp. 48.
9. Ageev O.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Mikhaylichenko A.V. i dr. Poluchenie nanorazmernykh struktur na osnove nanotekhnologicheskogo kompleksa NANOFAB NTK-9 [Obtaining nanoscale structures based on nanotechnology NANOFAB NTC-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 1 (114), pp. 109-116.
10. Konoplev B.G., Ageev O.A., Smirnov V.A. i dr. Modifikatsiya zondov dlya skaniruyushchey zondovoy mikroskopii metodom fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov [Modification of probes for scanning probe microscopy focused ion beams], Mikroelektronika [Microelectronics],
2012, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 47-56.