|Article title||PRODUCTION ENGINEERING OF ELECTRICAL FUNCTIONAL ELEMENTS|
|Authors||V.V. Petrov, E.V. Vorobyov, K.K. Arutyunov|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOSYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||09, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||Contemporaneous electronic engineering implements other electrical functional elements, parallel with traditional RLC circuits and transistors, as exemplified by memristors being passive micro and nanoelectronics elements presently under development. Memristors can change resistance depending on the affecting factors. The development and production of new material-oriented functional elements is in progress today. Polymer is one such material. Polymers of the same type serve as the basis of functional elements for different purposes, namely, sensors, indicators, and above-named memristors. The laboratory synthesis technology is developed to create gas sensing materials for a gas sensor. The technology implements cocurrent pyrrole-based polymer deposition and formation with cobaltous chloride. Laboratory cobalt-containing polypyrrole-based sensor samples sensitive to nitrogen dioxide are created. Thin polypyrrole films were studied using the LEO 1560 electronic microscope in the BESSY II synchrotron center. Sample response charts to nitrogen dioxide are presented. Interaction mechanism between NO gas (IV) molecule and cobalt-containing polypyrrole surface is suggested. The final part of the article theorizes changes proceeding in cobalt-containing polypyrrole at the electronic level.|
|Keywords||Gas sensors; gas sensing polymer materials; thin-film materials; polypyrrol; pollution of the environment; nitrogen dioxide.|
|References||1. Strukov D.B., Snider G.S., Stewart D.R., Williams R.S. The missing memristor found. Nature letters, 2008, Vol. 453, pp. 80-83.
2. Eliseev N. Memristory i krossbary: nanotekhnologii dlya protsessorov [Memristors and crossbar: nanotechnology for processors], Elektronika: Nauka, Tekhnologiya, Biznes [Electronics:
Science, Technology, Business], 2010, No. 8, pp. 84-89.
3. Chua L.O. Memristor – the missing circuit element, IEEE Trans. Circuit Theory, 1971, Vol. 18, pp. 507-519.
4. Nikitin A.V. Nemnogo o memristore…, Akademiya Trinitarizma. M., El № 77-6567, publ.19539, 12.09.2014.
5. Vlasov Yu.G. Khimicheskie sensory: opredelenie, klassifikatsiya i istoriya ikh sozdaniya [Chemical sensors: definition, classification and history of their creation], Problemy analiticheskoy khimii. Khimicheskie sensory [Problems of Analytical Chemistry. Chemical
Sensors], 2011, Vol. 14, pp. 2-22.
6. Kisin V.V., Sysoev V.V., Voroshilov S.A. Raspoznavanie parov atsetona i ammiaka s pomoshch'yu nabora odnotipnykh tonkoplenochnykh datchikov [Detection of vapors of acetone and ammonia by using a set of similar thin-film sensors], Pis'ma v ZhTF [Letters to Journal of technical physics], 1999, Vol. 25, Issue. 16, pp. 54-58.
7. Pinter E., Patakfalvi R., Fu1lei T., Gingl Z., DekanyI., Visy Cs. Characterization of Polypyrrole-Silver Nanocomposites Prepared in the Presence of Different Dopants, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2005, Vol. 109, pp.17474-17478.
8. Torsi L., Dodabalapur A., Sabbatini L., Zambonin P.G. Multi-parameter gas sensors based on organic thin-film-transistors, Sensors and Actuators B, 2000, Vol. 67, pp. 312-316.
9. El'derfild R. Geterotsiklicheskie soedineniya [Heterocyclic compounds]. Moscow: GIzIL, 1953, Vol. 1, pp. 219-269.
10. Vorobev E., Petrov V., Shishliannikova E. Manufacture and analysis of gas-sensitive elements based on polypyrrole and its compaunds with Nickelion, Advanced Materials Research, 2013, Vol. 804, pp. 67-73.