|Article title||THERMOCATALYTIC MULTISENSORY CHIP|
|Authors||A.V. Lashkov, V.V. Dobrokhotov, V.V. Sysoev|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOSYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||09, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||The realization and experimental approbation of gas-analysis multisensory chip operational on the base on thermo catalytic effect is submitted. The chip structure includes a gas-sensitive layer from granules Al2O3 functionalized by solutions of PdCl2 and H2PtCl6. The layer is putted over a crystal substrate SiO2/Si and segmented by coplanar Pt-electrodes with the formation of four sensor elements. The chip surface has been found to be quite developed with rather high surface-to-volume ratio. Researches on an assessment of gas-sensitivity of the thermo catalytic chip were carried out on the original experimental installation including ability to control flow quantity of test gas mixtures and data collection in real time. The developed chip samples are found to be sensitive to vapors of acetone and isopropanol in a mixture with air (concentration: 350000 ppm for acetone, 70000 ppm for isopropanol) which is shown as a substantial change of resistance (voltage) of the sensor elements. The chip vector signal formed by responses of the thermo catalyt- ic indicates a possibility to selectively recognize the test gas mixtures after processing by pattern recognition method (linear-discriminant analysis).The conclusion about advantages and disadvantages of the developed samples of multisensory chips is given and the ways to further develop such units based on thermo catalytic effect are proposed.|
|Keywords||Gas sensor; thermo catalytic sensor; gas analysing system; multisensory chip; gas-mixture recognition.|
|References||1. Persaud K., Dodd G. Analysis of discrimination mechanisms in the mammalian olfactory system using a model nose, Nature, 1982, Vol. 299, pp. 352-355.
2. Ganshin V.M., Fesenko A.V., Chebyshev A.V. Ot obonyatel'nykh modeley k "elektronnomu nosu". Novye vozmozhnosti parallel'noy analitiki [From the smell of the models to the "electronic nose". New opportunities for concurrent analysts], Spetsial'naya tekhnika [special technology], 1999, No. 1-2.
3. Sysoev V.V., Zyuryukin Yu.A. Mul'tisensornye sistemy raspoznavaniya gazov tipa "elektronnyy nos": kratkiy obzor literatury [The multi-touch recognition system gas type "electronic nose": a brief literature review], Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Saratov State Technical University], 2007, Issue 1, No. 2 (24), pp. 111-119.
4. Sysoev V.V., Kucherenko N.I., Kisin V.V. Teksturirovannye plenki oksida olova dlya mikrosistem raspoznavaniya gazov [Textured film of tin oxide for Microsystems recognition gases], Pis'ma v «Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki» [Letters to Journal of technical physics], 2004,
Vol. 30, Issue 18, pp. 14-20.
5. Lashkov A.V., Anashkin An.Al., Anashkin Al.An., Musatov V.Yu., Sysoev V.V. Otsenka vozmozhnosti primeneniya termokataliticheskikh sensorov dlya formirovaniya gazoanaliticheskikh mul'tisensornykh sistem [Evaluate the possibility of using thermal sensors for forming a gas-analyzing multi-touch systems], Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors and Systems], 2013, No. 5, pp. 38-42.
6. Lashkov A.V. O vliyanii neravnomernogo nagreva lineyki termokataliticheskikh datchikov na raspoznavanie gazovykh smesey [On the influence of non-uniform heating of the line thermal sensors for the detection of gas mixtures], Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Saratov State Technical University], 2013, No. 1 (69), pp. 39-43.
7. Ryazanov A.V., Dokichev A.N. Chuvstvitel'nye elementy na osnove litogo mikroprovoda [Sensors based cast microwire], Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors and systems], 2007, No. 11, pp. 42-45.
8. Sysoev V. V., Kiselev I., Frietsch M., Goschnick J. The temperature gradient effect on gas discrimination power of metal-oxide thin-film sensor microarray, Sensors, 2004, Vol. 4, pp. 37-46.