|Article title||THE APPLICATION OF SORBENTS FROM THERMOPLASTIC WASTES TO PROVIDE ECOLOGICAL SAFETY OF WATER BODIES|
|Authors||E.A. Bukharova, E.A. Tatarintseva, L.N. Olshanskaja|
|Section||SECTION IV. SAFETY IN TECHNOSPHERE|
|Month, Year||09, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||It is necessary to solve the most actual problems for succeeding in ensuring of ecological safety, including the prevention of pollution of water resources and the volume reduce of waste accumulation. Efficient and low-cost sorbents can be produced from recyclable polymers. It can help to solve two problems: the water purification and the recycling of wastes. Because of it the most actual problem is to make new low-cost materials from recyclable plastics to protect the hydrosphere. The aim of the work is to study the sorption properties of the material from the PET wastes, which may be used on a factory of wastewater purification from oil products and heavy metal ions. As a result of the work the sorption properties of the material based on recycled PET were studied. It was found out that the sorbent has a high performance of water purification from oil products (99%) and heavy metal ions (Cu2 + = 80%, Pb2 + = 78%). So we can recommend it as a sorption material for wastewater purification.|
|Keywords||Thermoplastic wastes; recycling, sorption; sorption materials; wastewater purification from oil products and heavy metals.|
|References||1. Karpenko A.V., Tatarintseva E.A., Ol'shanskaya L.N., Shaykhiev I.G. Izuchenie sorbtsion-nykh svoystv materialov iz otkhodov termoplastov [The study of sorption properties of materials from waste thermoplastics], Vestnik Kazanskogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta [Vestnik Kazanskogo Technological University], 2013, Vol. 16, No. 13, pp. 99-101.
2. Vtorichnaya pererabotka plastmass [Recycling plastics], Pod red. Franchesko La Mantii. St. Petersburg: Professiya, 2007, 520 p.
3. Smirnov A.D. Sorbtsionnaya ochistka vody. Khimiya [Sorption purification of water. Chemistry]. Leningrad, 1982, 168 p.
4. Tatarintseva E.A., Bukharova E.A., Ol'shanskaya L.N. Sorbtsionnyy material dlya ochistki ot nefteproduktov [Sorption material for purification from oil products], Ekologiya i promyshlennost' Rossii [Ecology and Industry of Russia], 2014, No. 7, pp. 26-28.
5. Borukaev T.A., Murzakanova M.M., Alakaeva Z.T., Khashirova S.Yu., Mikitaev A.K. Tverdofaznaya polikondensatsiya kak sposob izmeneniya svoystv vtorichnogo polietilentereftalata [Solid-phase polycondensation as a way to change the properties of recycled polyethylene terephthalate], Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern Problems of Science and Education], 2013, No. 3. Available at: www. science-education.ru/109-9280 (Accessed 16 September 2014).
6. Veprikova E.V., Tereshchenko E.A., Chesnokov N.V., Shchipko M.L., Kuznetsova B.N. Osobennosti ochistki vody ot nefteproduktov s ispol'zovaniem neftyanykh sorbentov, fil'truyushchikh materialov i aktivnykh ugley [Features for purification of water from petroleum
products using oil absorbents, filter materials and activated carbons], Journal of Siberian Federal University. Chemistry, 2010, No. 3, pp. 285-304.
7. Kukushkina I.I., Mitrofanov A.Yu. Kolloidnaya khimiya [Colloid Chemistry]. Kemerovo: 2009, 185 p.
8. Nazarenko V.A., Antonovich V.P., Nevskaya E.M. Gidroliz ionov metallov v razbavlennykh rastvorakh [Hydrolysis of metal ions in dilute solutions]. Moscow: Atomizdat, 1979, 192 p.