|Article title||ELABORATION (DESIGN) OF RATS SPONTANEOUS TEACHING MODELS WITH FREELY CHOSEN DIFFERENT CONDITIONAL SIGNALS AND REINFORCEMENTS USING INTERACTIVE «TOUCH-SCREEN» MONITOR|
|Authors||K.I. Klyuev, D.S. Golub, E.P. Murtazina, B.V. Gurkovskii, B.V. Zhuravlev|
|Section||SECTION I. ASSESSMENT AND CORRECTION OF THE PERSON OPERATOR|
|Month, Year||10, 2014 @en|
|Index UDC||57.084.1 + 004.046|
|Abstract||This work is focused on designing rats’ spontaneous teaching model with freely chosen different conditional signals on touch-screen monitor to get food reinforcements of various value. In future, it will contribute to the research of neurophysiological and neurochemical mechanisms of active choice and decision-making. The main model difference is the “unstatic” form of stimulus on the screen. The designed model suggests two stimuli moving with different speed. The faster one being obviously harder to touch provides better reward. The experiments were carried out in Lafayette Instrument’s standard box. Program part was written using ABET II software. The obtained data was processed in Excel and MathLab with behavior patterns to draw conclusions on the choice making process. Generally, the obtained results show a great potential of the designed model for future experiments.|
|Keywords||Spontaneous learning; choice; touch screen; rat.|
|References||1. Thorndike E.L. Animal intelligence, an experimental study of the associative processes in animals. New York: Macmillan, 1911.
2. Anokhin P.K. Problemy prinyatiya resheniya v psikhologii i fiziologii [Problems of decision making in psychology and physiology], Voprosy psikhologii [Questions of Psychology], 1974, No. 4, pp. 21-29.
3. Shumilina A.I. Funktsional'noe znachenie lobnykh oblastey kory golovnogo mozga v uslovnoreflektornoy deyatel'nosti sobaki [Functional role of the frontal areas of the cerebral cortex in
conditioned reflex activity of the dog]. V kn.: Problemy vysshey nervnoy deyatel'nosti [In the book: Problems of higher nervous activity]. Moscow: Izd-vo AMN SSSR, 1949, pp. 561-627.
4. Merzhanova G.Kh. Proyavlenie individual'no-tipologicheskikh osobennostey zhivotnykh i cheloveka pri vybore strategii tselenapravlennogo povedeniya [The manifestation of individual-typological characteristics of animals and humans when choosing a strategy of purposeful behavior], Uspekhi fiziologicheskikh nauk [The Success of Physiological Sciences], 2011, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 46-64.
5. Nikol'skaya K.A., Khonicheva N.M. Osobennosti obucheniya krys v usloviyakh svobodnogo vybora [Features learning of rats in conditions of free choice], Zhurnal vysshey nervnoy deyatel'nosti [Journal of Higher Nervous Activity], 1999, Vol. 49, Issue 3, pp. 436-445.
6. Chilingaryan L.I., Grigor'yan G.A. Vybor podkrepleniya sobakami: znachenie balansa raznorodnykh motivatsiy i predpochteniya tsennosti ili veroyatnosti polucheniya pishchi [The choice of reinforcement dogs: the value of the balance of diverse motivations and preferences values or probability of obtaining food], Zhurnal vysshey nervnoy deyatel'nosti [Journal of Higher Nervous Activity], 2007, No. 57 (3), pp. 303-312.
7. Michael R. Markham, Allen E. Butt, Michael J. Dougher. A computer touch-screen apparatus for training visual discrimination in rats, Journal of the experimental analysis of behavior, 1996, No. 65, pp. 173-182.
8. Bussey T.J., Holmes A., Lyon L., Mar A.C., McAllister K.A.L., Nithianantharajah J., Oomen C.A., Saksida L.M. New translational assays for preclinical modelling of cognition in schizophrenia: the touchscreen testing method for mice and rats, Neuropharmacology, 2012, No. 62 (3), pp. 1191-1203.