|Article title||MICROWAVE DEVICES DESIGN FOR MICROWAVE RADIOMETRY APPLICATIONS|
|Authors||L.G. Statsenko, O.A. Pugovkina|
|Section||SECTION II. MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS AND THERAPY|
|Month, Year||10, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||The possibility of use the complementary split ring resonator – CSRR (one part of the first realized left-handed metamaterial) in a microwave components design for radiothermometers is investigated.. Microstrip line with etched CSRR on ground plane is considered. The equivalent circuit model for CSRR is shown and extracted lumped element values for CSRR are calculated. The basic relationships for calculating the S-parameters (the return and transmission responses) are given. The calculation and comparison of the return and transmission responses for CSRR structure is carried out with series coupling feed lines and with parallel coupling feed lines. The calculation results are presented in graphs. It is defined that the bandpass complementary split ring resonator response of its dimensions (gap distance, feed stub length) and parallel coupling feed line has better bandpass response than series coupling feed line. The conclusions about the possibility of using CSRR as a structural element of microwave components in devices of microwave radiometry thermometry are drawn. The comparative analysis of possible losses in the microstrip lines, made of dielectric and metamaterial is carried out. The expediency of applicability substrate from a metamaterial in microstrip lines is considered.|
|Keywords||Metamaterial; microstrip lines; microwave radiometry thermometry.|
|References||1. Burdina L.M., Pinkhosevich E.G., Khaylenko V.A., Burdina I.I., Vesnin S.G., Tikhomirova N.N. Radiotermometriya v algoritme kompleksnogo obsledovaniya molochnykh zhelez [Microwave radiometry in the algorithm of a comprehensive breast examination], Sovremennaya onkologiya [Modern Oncology], 2006, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 8-10.
2. Vaysblat A.V. Radiotermografiya kak metod diagnostiki v meditsine [Radiotomography as a method of diagnosis in medicine]. Moscow: NTsZD RAMN, 2003, 80 p.
3. Veselago V.G. Elektrodinamika veshchestv s odnovremenno otritsatel'nymi znacheniyami ε i μ [The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ], Uspekhi fizicheskikh nauk [Advances in physical Sciences], 1967, Vol. 92, No. 7, pp. 517-526.
4. Smith D.R. et al. Composite Medium with Simultaneously Negative Permeability and Permittivity, Physical Review Letters, 2000, Vol. 84, No. 18, pp. 4184-4187.
5. Statsenko L.G., Ponedel'nikova O.A. Sravnenie svoystv dialektrika metamateriala pri otrazhenii i prelomlenii voln na granitse razdela sred [Comparison of properties of dialectica metamaterial with reflection and refraction of waves at the interface], Tekhnicheskie problemy osvoeniya mirovogo okeana: materialy III Vserossiyskoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konfe-rentsii (Vladivostok, 22-25 sent. 2009 g.) [Technical problems of development of the world ocean:
proceedings of the III all-Russian scientific-technical conference (Vladivostok, 22-25 Sept. 2009)]. Vladivostok, 2009. pp. 341-346.
6. Mandal M. K., Mondal P., Sanyal S., and Chakrabarty A. Low insertion-loss, sharp-rejection and compact microstrip low-pass filters, IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 2006, Vol. 16, No. 11, pp. 600-602.
7. Falcone F., Lopetegi T., Baena J. D. Effective negative-ε stop-band microstrip lines based on complementary split ring resonators, IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 2004, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 280-282.
8. Nefedov E.I., Panchenko B.A. Mikropoloskovye antenny [Microstrip antenna]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 1986, 144 p.
9. Basharin A.A., Men'shikh N.L. Osobennosti rasprostraneniya elektromagnitnykh voln v planarnom volnovode iz metamateriala s poteryami [Propagation characteristics of electromagnetic waves in planar waveguide of the metamaterial losses], Zhurnal radioelektroniki: elek-tronnyy zhurnal [Journal of radio electronics: electronic journal], 2010, No. 11. [Elektronnyy resurs]. Available at: http://jre.cplire.ru/mac/nov10/2/text.html (Accessed 12 September 2013).