|Article title||APPLICATION OF FUNCTIONAL BIOCFEEDBACK IN SURGICAL TREATMENT MOTOR DISORDERS IN CHILDREN WITH CEREBRAL PALSY|
|Authors||M.V. Tupikov, V.A. Tupikov, N.M. Churilov|
|Section||SECTION II. MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS AND THERAPY|
|Month, Year||10, 2014 @en|
|Index UDC||616. 831 – 009.11 – 089 – 053.2|
|Abstract||Results of applying the biofeedback method on the ground of electromyogram in rehabilitative treatment of children with cerebral palsy with movement disorders as triceps syndrome was analyzed. The treatment included surgical correction of equinus deformity for 12 children (17 feet) with the triceps syndrome at diplegia and hemiplegic cerebral palsy forms by the original author"s technique (RF patent for invention number 2486873), followed by reduction of muscular balance and motor skill development of adequate functional bio control method (FBU biofeedback EMG). The average patient age was 10.4 ± 2.3 years. The duration of postoperative immobilization in a plaster cast was 6 weeks. Each patient is held from 8 to 15 sessions of the FBU. On average, the number of treatments was 11±2. The results, judged by electromyogram(determined coefficient reciprocity tibialis anterior and gastrocnemius muscles before and after the application of the method on EMG biofeedback FBU), goniometry and multidimensional evaluation functionality tests. They show the high efficiency of the method biofeedback by the correction of motor disorders and recovery support ability of the children lower limbs with cerebral palsy.|
|Keywords||Cerebral palsy; surgical treatment; biofeedback.|
|References||1. Pinchuk D.Yu., Dudin M.G. Biologicheskaya obratnaya svyaz' po elektromiogramme v nevrologii i ortopedii [Biological feedback electromyogram in neurology and orthopedics]. Spravochnoe rukovodstvo. St. Peterburg: Chelovek, 2002, 120 p.
2. Shipitsina L.M., Mamaychuk I.I. Detskiy tserebral'nyy paralich [Cerebral palsy]. St. Peterburg: Didaktika Plyus, 2001, pp. 4.
3. Bogdanov O.V., Movsisyants S.A., Mikhaylenok E.L., Pinchuk D.E. Vosstanovlenie dvigatel'nykh narusheniy priemami funktsional'nogo bioupravleniya [The rehabilitation of motor disorders methods of functional biocontrol], Metodicheskie rekomendatsii [Methodic recommendation]. Moscow, 1988, 32 p.
4. Ortopediya: natsional'noe rukovodstvo [Orthopaedics: the national guide], Pod red. S.P. Mironova, G.P. Kotel'nikova. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2008, 832 p.
5. Schwartz M.S. Biofeedback. A practitioner's guide. N.Y.-London: The Gilford press, 1995, 904 p.
6. Basmajian J.V. Biofeedback: Principles and practice for clinicians. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1989, 402 p.
7. Marzuk P.M. Biofeedback for neuromuscular disorders, Ann. Int. Med., 1985, Vol. 102, No. 6, pp. 854-858.
8. Wolf S.L. Electromyographic biofeedback applications to stroke patients: a critical review, Phys. Ther., 1983, Vol. 63, No. 7, pp. 1448-1455.
9. Bredley L., Hart B.B. Mandana S. Electromyographic biofeedback for gait training after stroke, Clin. Rehabil, 1998, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 11-22.
10. Shkaly, testy i oprosniki v meditsinskoy reabilitatsii [Scales, tests and questionnaires in medical rehabilitation], Pod red. A.N. Belovoy, O.N. Shepetovoy. Moscow: Antidor, 2002, 440 p.