|Article title||SCATTERING CHARACTERISTICS OF MULTIMODE WAVEGUIDE VAN-ATTA ARRAY ANTENNA|
|Authors||Yu.V. Yukhanov, T.Yu. Privalova, I.V. Merglodov|
|Section||SECTION II. MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF PHYSICAL PROCESSES AND DEVICES|
|Month, Year||11, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||This paper examines the conditions of maximum expansion of Van-Atta arrays working angular sector. The approximate formulas were obtained for the bistatic and monostatic scattering diagrams of such waveguide arrays with the excitation and propagation of both basic and higher types of waves in the paths connecting the emitters. Their contribution to the scattered field was analyzed. Estimated the required number of higher types of waves and conditions of their propagation to ensure the widest possible monostatic diagram. On basis of the performed analysis designs of multimode waveguide Van-Atta arrays with paths that provide non-dispersive transmission of fields between each pair of emitters were proposed. The possibility of implementing multimode mode for three-dimensional models of the antenna array is demonstrated. The scattering characteristics of two-dimensional and three-dimensional models of antennas are analyzed. Ttwo-element Van-Atta array based on three-mode waveguides, coupled by three coaxial lines, with ±450 working angular sector for the level of -3 dB is implemented.|
|Keywords||Array Van Atta; a single-mode array; multimode array; monostatic scatter diagram; bistatic scatter diagram.|
|References||1. Van Atta L.C. Electromagnetic Reflector”, USPatent No. 2908002, Oct. 1959.
2. Privalova T.Yu., Yukhanov Yu.V. Rasseyanie ploskoy volny na dvumernoy modeli reshetki Van-Atta [Scattering of a plane wave on a two-dimensional grid model Van-Atta], Antenny [Antenna], 2007, No. 5, pp. 24-30.
3. Privalova T.Yu., Sinyavskiy G.P., Yukhanov Yu.V. Analiz kharakteristik rasseyaniya dvumernoy reshetki Van-Atta [The analysis of the characteristics of the scattering of two-dimensional lattice van Atta], Elektromagnitnye volny i elektronnye sistemy [Electromagnetic waves and electronic systems], 2007, No. 5, pp. 58-65.
4. Privalova T.Y., Yukhanov A.Y., Yukhanov Y.V. Plane wave scattering on Van-Atta electromagnetic reflector// Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), 2011 International Conference on. DOI: 10.1109/ICEAA.2011.6046309. Publication Year: 2011, pp. 347-350.
5. Kobak V.O. Radiolokatsionnye otrazhateli [Radar Reflectors]. Moscow: Sov. radio, 1975, 248 p.
6. Yukhanov Yu.V., Privalova T.Yu. Dvumernaya reshetka Van-Atta na osnove mnogomodovykh ploskikh volnovodov [A two-dimensional lattice Van-Atta-based multimode planar waveguides], Materialy Vserossiyskoy nauchnoy konferentsii «Problemy sovershenstvovaniya i upravleniya razvitiem mezhvedomstvennoy sistemy vooruzheniya REB» [Materials of all-Russian scientific conference "problems of improving the management and development of the interagency weapon systems EW"]. Voronezh, noyabr' 26-28, 2007, pp. 55-59.
7. Leong K. M. K. H., R.Y. Miyamoto and T. Itoh. Moving forward in retrodirective antenna arrays, IEEE Potentials, 2003, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 16-21.
8. Shiroma W.A., Miyamoto R.Y., Shiroma G.S. et al. Progress in retrodirective arrays for wireless communications, IEEE Topical Conference on Wireless Communication Technology, 2003, pp. 80-81.
9. Roque J.D., B.T. Murakami, S.S. Sung, et al. Progress in self-steering antennas for small-satellite networks, Space 2004 Conference and Exhibit, 2004, pp. 1-7.
10. Goshi D.S., K. M. K.H. Leong, and T. Itoh. Recent advances in retrodirective system technology, IEEE Radio and Wireless Symp., 2006, pp. 459-462.