|Article title||MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF THE PROBLEMS OF MULTICOMPONENT POLLUTION TRANSPORT IN THE SEA OF AZOV ON THE MULTIPROCESSOR COMPUTING SYSTEMS|
|Authors||I.N. Shabas, A.L. Chikin, L.G. Chikina|
|Section||SECTION III. THE USE OF SUPERCOMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES|
|Month, Year||12, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||The transport processes of multicomponent substances in the pond are considered. For example, there are oil and radionuclide contamination of natural waters. The models describing the behavior of contaminants in natural waters, assesses the possible damage from accidental spills and predicts the effects of different constructions of hydraulic structures in the waters of lakes. Using a model that takes into account the following processes: the spreading oil slick on the water surface, forming a thicker reservoir emulsion "oil in water", the processes of evaporation, leading to changes in oil density and viscosity, the calculation of the spread of oil pollution in the water is carried out. Drift modeling oil slick on the surface of the reservoir and the distribution of the emulsion "oil-water" in its thicker are described by two-dimensional and three-dimensional convection-diffusion equation. Using finite difference methods the systems of linear equations are solved. Using existing packages parallelized iterative methods on the high-performance computing system the solution of numerical tasks is carried out. The Sea of Azov is considered. Computation- al experiments with a change of coordinates, and the power of model spills, strength and direction of wind are carried out.|
|Keywords||Mathematical modeling; convective-diffusive transport; computational experiment; high-performance computing.|
|References||1. Ehsan Sarhadi Zadeh1 and Kourosh Hejazi. Eulerian Oil Spills Model Using Finite-Volume Method with Moving Boundary and Wet-Dry Fronts, Modelling and Simulation in Engineering Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 398387. 7 p. Available at:
2. Fay J.A. The spread of oil slicks on a calm sea. In: Oil on the sea, Plenum Press. New-York, 1969, pp. 53-63.
3. Fay J.A. Physical processes in the spread of oil on a water surface, In: Proc. of h- о Joint Conf. on prevention and control of oil spills. Washington, 1971, No. 8.
4. Guo W.J. and Wang Y.X. A numerical oil spill model based on a hybrid method, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 2009, Vol. 58, Nо. 5, pp. 726-734.
5. Mackay D. Oil Spill Processes and Models, Environmental Protection Service. Canada, 1980.
6. Pavel Tkalich. A CFD solution of oil spill problems, Environmental Modelling \& Software, 2006, Vol. 21, pp. 271-282.
7. Wang S.D., Shen Y.M., Guo Y.K., and Tang J. Three-dimensional numerical simulation for transport of oil spills in seas, Ocean Engineering, 2008, Vol. 35, No. 5-6, pp. 503-510.
8. Zheleznyak M.J. The mathematical modelling of radionuclide transport by surface water flow from the vicinity of the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant, Condensed Matter Physics, 1997, No. 12, pp. 37-50.
9. Krukier L.A. Neyavnye raznostnye skhemy i iteratsionnyy metod ikh resheniya dlya odnogo klassa sistem kvazlineynykh uravneniy [Implicit difference scheme and the iterative method of solution for a class of systems of equations kvazilineinykh], Izvestiya vuzov. Matematika
[Izvestiya vuzov. Mathematics], 1979, No. 7, pp. 41-52.
10. Rouch P. Vychislitel'naya gidrodinamika [Computational fluid dynamics]. Moscow: Mir, 1980, 284 p.
11. Chikin A.L., Shabas I.N., Sidiropulo S.G. Modelirovanie protsessa perenosa zagryaznyayushchego veshchestva v Tsimlyanskom vodokhranilishche [Modeling of the process of transfer of polluting substances include reservoir], Vodnye resursy [Water resources], 2008, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 53-59.
12. Shabas I.N. Chislennoe reshenie trekhmernoy zadachi osedaniya veshchestva v Azovskom more [Numerical solution of three-dimensional task of settling the matter in the sea of Azov],
Sbornik trudov IX Vserossiyskoy shkoly-seminara "Sovremennye problemy matematicheskogo modelirovaniya" [Proceedings of the IX all-Russian school-seminar "Modern problems of mathematical expressions, optical modeling"]. Rostov-on-Don: Izd-vo RGU, 2001, pp.
13. Shabas I.N. Modelirovanie protsessov rastekaniya i dreyfa neftyanykh zagryazneniy po poverkhnosti vodoemov [Modeling of the processes of spreading and drift of oil spills on water surfaces], IT-tekhnologii: razvitie i prilozheniya, materialy XIV-y Mezhdunarodnoy
nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [IT technologies: development and applications, proceedings of XIV-th International scientific-technical conference]. Vladikavkaz, 2013, pp. 177-182.