|Article title||WAVE GLIDER AS ELEMENT OF GLOBAL MARINE INFORMATION&MEASUREMENT SYSTEM|
|Authors||I.V. Kozhemyakin, Yu.P. Potekhin, K.V. Rоzhdestvensky, V.A. Ryzhov|
|Section||SECTION II. MARINE ROBOTICS|
|Month, Year||01, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||Considered in this paper are some results of research conducted at SMTU in the field of creation of a special type of autonomous unmanned vehicle – wave glider. A brief review is presented of some known developments of marine technical objects propelled with use of wave energy. The actuality is justified for the development of the wave glider as a key element of a global marine information & measurement system of dual use. A mathematical model is considered, describing behavior of a wave glider in waves for different design solutions of the wave energy converting devices. The input parameters for the simulation are: characteristics of the wave; wave glider surface modulus characteristics; characteristics of the cable connecting surface and under-water modulus; characteristics of the underwater modulus, comprising a bearing structure with a system of oscillating wings. Wherein the wings may have elastic links in the angular and vertical degree of freedom. Numerical method for the determination of the hydrodynamic characteristics of this multicomponent dynamic system is offered. Solution of the problem is considered in the framework of the linear unsteady wing theory and the linear theory of ship pitching. As a result, the developed model allows to solve important practical problems of determining hydrodynamic characteristics of the wave glider for the following design schemes: "active" type device with automatic control system; "passive" type device with elastic elements; "passive" type device without elastic elements (with angular and vertical degrees of freedom); device with the rigidly fixed wing on the surface modulus. A numerical method is proposed for determination of hydrodynamic characteristics of multi-component dynamic system under consideration. Analysis is presented of some computed results, illustrating influence of various design parameters upon hydrodynamic properties of wave glider. Practical recommendations are given toward design of a prototype of a corresponding marine robotized vehicle.|
|Keywords||Global marine information & measurement system; wave glider; ocean energy conversion; oscillating wing; modeling of hydrodynamic characteristics; prototype of a marine robotized vehicle.|
|References||1. Vrooman D. Vibrating propeller. US Patent 22,097. Patented Nov. 15, 1858.
2. Linden H. Improved combination with floating bodies, of fins adapted to effect their propulsion. GB Patent 14,630. Filed Aug. 1, 1895. Patented Jul. 18, 1896.
3. Burnett R.F. Wave energy for propelling craft - nothing new, The Naval Architect, Nov. 1979, pp. 239.
4. Jakobsen E. The foilpropeller, wave power for propulsion. In Second International Symposium on Wave & Tidal Energy, BHRA Fluid Engineering, 1981, pp. 363-369.
5. Anon I. Wave power for ship propulsion, The Motor Ship, 1983, No. 64, pp. 67-69.
6. Berg A. Trials with passive foil propulsion on M/S Kystfangst. Project no. 672.138. Technical report.1985, Trondheim.
7. Bulletin of the Society on Naval Architect of Japan, No. 719, pp. 18-26.
8. Nikolaev M.N., Savitskiy A.I., Sen'kin Yu.F. Osnovy rascheta effektivnosti sudovogo volnovogo dvizhitelya kryl'evogo tipa [The basis of the calculation of the efficiency of ship wave propulsion wing type], Sudostroenie [Shipbuilding], 1995, No. 4, pp. 7-10.
9. Geoghegan J.J. Boat, moved only by waves, sails to a seafaring first. The New York Times. July 8, 2008.
10. Model 08 Wave Glider. User Manual. Version 2.5, 2011.
11. Available at: http://liquidr.com/.
12. Available at: http://www.autonautusv.com/.
13. Available at: http://www.samara.aif.ru/society/details/1329044.
14. Ryzhov V.A. Sudovaya energosberegayushchaya sistema s koleblyushchimisya kryl'evymi elementami [Marine energy saving system with oscillating wing elements], Morintekh-97. Vtoraya Mezhdunarodnaya konferentsiya po intellektual'nym tekhnologiyam. Kn. 4: Intellektual'nye tekhnologii v prikladnykh issledovaniyakh [Morintech-97. Second international conference on intelligent technologies. Book 4: Intelligent technologies in applied research].
St. Petersburg, 1997, pp. 261-266.
15. Blagoveshchenskiy S.N. Kachka korablya [Pitching of the ship]. Leningrad: Sudpromgiz, 1954, 520 p.
16. Boroday I.K., Netsvetaev Yu.A. Kachka sudov na morskom volnenii [Rolling of ships at sea excitement]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1969, 432 p.
17. Rozhdestvenskiy K.V., Ryzhov V.A. Matematicheskie modeli v teorii mashushchego kryla [Mathematical models in the theory of flapping wing. Leningrad: Izd-vo Leningradskogo korablestroitel'nogo instituta, 1985, 104 p.
18. Rozhdestvenskiy K.V., Ryzhov V.A., Kurapov A.L. Issledovanie propul'sivnykh kharakteristik sistemy, sostoyashchey iz kryla s dvumya uprugimi svyazyami [The study of the propulsion
characteristics of the system, consisting of a wing with two elastic links],Trudy Leningradskogo korablestroitel'nogo instituta: Matematicheskie modeli i sredstva avtomatizirovannykh sistem v
sudostroenii [Proceedings of the Leningrad shipbuilding Institute: Mathematical models and methods for automated systems in shipbuilding]. 1991, pp. 51-61.
19. Otchet o NIR po teme № S-004: «Issledovaniya v obespechenie sozdaniya informatsionno-izmeritel'noy sistemy na osnove neobitaemykh podvodnykh apparatov tipa «glayder», Etap № 3 [Research reports on the topic № C-004: "Research in support of creation of information-measuring system based on unmanned underwater vehicles type "glider", Stage 3]. SPbGMTU, 2014.