|Article title||STRUCTURAL OPTIMIZATION OF PRECISION ARC-FILTERS BASED ON MULTIDIFFERENTIAL OP AMPS|
|Authors||S.G. Krutchinsky, E.A. Zhebrun|
|Section||SECTION II. TELECOMMUNICATION, ELECTRONICS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||04, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||To improve the basic quality indicators of optimal by the criterion of a minimum sensitivity passive filters as IP blocks of mixed microelectronic systems the application of the principles of self-compensation and cancellation of operational amplifiers (op amps) unity gain frequency (f1) impact on the frequency and attenuation of the pole of the second order sections is considerated. Functional and topological rules of synthesis of such AF structures are formulated. It is shown that the effects of cancellation of separate op amp unity gain frequency on these parameters is achieved by introducing two autonomous special compensating feedbacks. The expediency of using in the circuitry of second-order sections of multidifferential op amps ensuring the implementation of special adders with different transfer ratios without the use of additional active elements is shown. In this case, the basic topological feature of compensating circuits is to unite the differential op amp inputs with auxiliary input of multidifferential op amp. It was found that for pole frequency error compensation in additional circuit there must be a positive recurrent attitude in the implementation of the op amp of bandpass function type, and for attenuation error compensation there must be a negative recurrent attitude and implementation of low pass filter function at a similar op amp output. Formulated principle leads to cancellation of the effect of different op amp frequency unity gain on the basic parameters of the second-order section and a filter as a whole. An example of structural synthesis of the universal second-order section with low (approximately in two orders of magnitude) current consumption and low influence of the unity gain frequency of applied op-amps on pole parameters. Demonstrated the use of a developed scheme for the design of optimal by the criterion of a minimum sensitivity bandpass 4th order filter. The simulation results of demonstrated circuits in an environment of industrial CAD are in good agreement with the basic theoretical propositions and conclusions.|
|Keywords||Structural optimization; precision filters; inherent compensation and cancellation.|
|References||1. Vlach J. The influence of the limited bandwidth of active elements on active filters, Proc., Nat. Electron Conf, Chicago. III, 2007, pp. 449-453.
2. Prokopenko N., Budyakov A., Schmalz K., Scheytt C., Ostrovskyy P. Design of Bipolar Differential OpAmps with Unity Gain Bandwidth up to 23 GHz, Proceeding of the 4-th European Conference on Circuits and Systems for Communications – ECCSC’08, 2008, No. 10-11, pp. 50-53.
3. Prokopenko N., Budyakov A., Schmalz K., Scheytt C. RF IP-blocks based on Fully differential OpAmp for Communocation Systems, Problems of Advanced Micro- and Nanoelectronic Systems Development - MES-2010, 2010, No. 1. pp. 583-586.
4. JinKeYao, Baoyong Chi, Zhihua Wang. A 4 MHz Gm-C Filter with On-Chip Frequency Automatic Tuning, IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 2006, ISCAS 2006. Proceedings, pp. 3814-3817.
5. Zhi-Qiang Gao, Ming-Yan Yu, Feng-Chang I.ai, Yi-Zhehg Ye. A High Q Gm-C Filter for Multi-band Wireless Applications, 8th International Conference on Solis-State and Integrated Circuit Techology, 2006. ICSICT’06, pp. 1733-1735.
6. Viera Biolkova, Zdenek Kolka, and Dalibor Biolec. Dual-Output All-Pass Filter Employing Fully-Differential Operational Amplifier and Current-Controlled Current Conveyor, EI.FCO 2011 7 th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 1-4 Decemder, Bursa, Turkey, pp. 319-323
7. Manisha Gambhir, Vijay Dhanasekaran, Jose Silva-Martinez, and Edgar Sanchez-Sinencio. Low-Power Architecture and Circuit Techniques for High-Boost Wide-Band Gm-C Filters, IEEE Transations on Circuits and Systems – 1: Regular Paper, March 2007, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 458-468.
8. Prokopenko N., Budyakov A., Schmalz K., Scheytt C., Ostrovskyy P. Design of Bipolar Differential OpAmps with Unity Gain Bandwidth up to 23 GHz // Proceeding of the 4-th European Conference on Circuits and Systems for Communications – ECCSC’08, 2008, No. 10-11, pp. 50-53.
9. Prokopenko N., Budyakov A., Schmalz K., Scheytt C. RF IP-blocks based on Fully differential OpAmp for Communocation Systems, Problems of Advanced Micro- and Nanoelectronic Systems Development – MES-2010, 2010, No. 1. pp. 583-586.
10. Krutchinskiy S.G., Prokopenko N.N. High-Frequency Sections of Active Filters of Mixed-Signal SoC Based on Current Amplifiers http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn.electronics/2012/319896/.
11. Krutchinsky S.G., Prokopenko N.N. Budyakov P.S., Butyrlagin N.V. SiGe Selective Amplifier of Microwave Range with High Asymptotic Attenuation, Proceedings 6th International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks. Tetovo, Macedonia Republic 27 – 29 May 2014, pp. 218-221.
12. Krutchinskiy S.G., Svizev G.A., Prokopenko N.N., Butyrlagin N.V. Controlled selective amplifier of microwave range, in Microwave and Telecommunication Technology (CriMiCo), 2013 23rd International Crimean Conference, September 2013, pp. 80-81. Available at:
http://goo.gl/SP8peD Article number 6652617.
13. Patent RU 2523953, Int. Cl. H03F 3/00. Instrumentation amplifier with resonance amplitude-frequency characteristic, Prokopenko N.N., Krutchinskiy S.G., Svizev G.А., Budyakov P.S., No. 2013106008/08; Date of filing: 12.02.2013; Date of publication: 27.07.2014, Bull. № 21, 9 p. (516).
14. Izmeritel'nyy usilitel' s upravlyaemymi parametrami amplitudno-chastotnoy kharak-teristiki [Measuring amplifier with controllable parameters of amplitude-frequency characteristics]: zayavka na patent Rossiyskoy Federatsii, MPK H03F 3/45, H03H 11/00, H03K 5/00, Prokopenko N.N., Bugakova A.V., Suvorov V.V., No. 2013110169/08; zayavl. 06.03.2013 (517).
15. Rakitin V.V., Integrated circuits in CMOS – transistors. Textbook. Moscow, 2007, 307 p., 1967, pp. 20-23.
16. Filanovsky I.M., Ivanov V.V. Operational amplifier speed and accuracy improvement: analog circuit design with structural methodology. Kluwer Academiv Publishers, New York, Boston, Dordrecht, London, Moscow, 2004, 194 p.
17. Krutchinskiy S.G. Strukturnyy sintez analogovykh elektronnykh skhem [Structural synthesis of analog electronic circuits]. Rostov-on-Don: SKNTs VSh, 2001, 180 p.
18. Brackett P., Sedra A. Active compensation for high frequensy effects in op-amp circuits with applications to active RC-filters, IEEE Trans, 1976, Vol. CAS-23, № 2, pp. 68-72.
19. Akerberg D., Mossberg K. A versative RC building block with inherent compensation for the finite bandwidth of the amplifier, IEEE Trans, 1974, Vol. CAS-21, pp. 75-78.
20. Krutchinskiy S.G., Starchenko E.I. Mul'tidifferentsial'nye operatsionnye usiliteli i pretsizionnaya mikroskhemotekhnika [Multidifferential operational amplifiers and a precision micro circuitry], Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal “Elektronika i svyaz'” [International scientific-technical journal “electronics and communication”], 2004, No. 20, pp. 37-45.