|Article title||PARAMETRIC ANALYSIS OF WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY|
|Authors||A.O. Belyaev, A.S. Ryabokon|
|Section||SECTION II. TELECOMMUNICATION, ELECTRONICS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||04, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||During the development of mobile devices, developers are faced with the task of selecting the specific technical solutions, the number of criteria by which made the score, strongly depends on the requirements to the final product. So in the common case the choice of the wireless module is made on the criteria of functionality, ease of use, energy consumption, dimensions and design features. The paper presents a technique for evaluating the energy efficiency of various wireless solutions, and is an example of its use when choosing a technology of wireless data transmission for mobile electronic devices. The difficulty of the choice lies in that the technical specifications provided by the manufacturer, is not enough to adequately assess the energy efficiency and the choice of a wireless solution for a specific task. The aim of the study is to determine the quantitative indicators of energy without costly prototyping using the debugging tools. The concept of wireless technology means not only the features of the hardware implementation of the transceiver module or integrated circuit, but and used data transfer protocols, properties of which have no less impact on the resulting power consumption of the designed device. In the existing literature on this subject does not contain comprehensive approach to quantify the characteristics of the various wireless technologies that would consider every solution as a set of hardware and software. The article attempts to form technique for assessing energy efficiency calculation method with a minimum set of baseline data, introduce new quantitative indicators and represents evaluation using these indicators for various personalized options for wireless networks based on Bluetooth and ANT. The results were used as criteria for selecting a wireless solution for the design of the complex cardiac and ergometry monitoring system in the South Federal University.|
|Keywords||Computing platforms; wireless technologies; microelectronics; energy efficiency.|
|References||1. Nik Van Dirdonk. Setevye standarty besprovodnykh setey s malym energopotrebleniem [Network standards wireless networks, low power], Elektronnye komponenty [Electronic Components], 2009, No. 3. Available at: www.russianelectronics.ru/developer-r/review/2191/
doc/43290/ (Accessed 2 April 2015).
2. Gaykovich G., Gaykovich M. Besprovodnye tekhnologii i ikh primenenie v promyshlennosti. Voprosy energosberezheniya i vybora batarey [Wireless technologies and their application in industry. The issues of energy saving and the choice of batteries], Elektronnye komponenty [Electronic Components], 2011, No. 10. Available at: www.russianelectronics.ru/leader-
r/review/2187/doc/57502/ (Accessed 2 April 2015).
3. Besprovodnoy promyshlennyy monitoring. Intellektual'nye sistemy na baze sensornykh setey [Wireless industrial monitoring. Intelligent systems based on sensor networks], Institut tochnoy mekhaniki i vychislitel'noy tekhniki im. S.A. Lebedeva RAN [Institute of precision mechanics and computer engineering. S.A. Lebedev of RAS]. Available at: www.ipmce.ru/
img/release/is_sensor.pdf (Accessed 2 April 2015).
4. Kolybel'nikov A.I. Obzor tekhnologiy besprovodnykh setey [Overview of wireless network technologies], Trudy MFTI [Proceedings of MIPT], 2012, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 3-29.
5. Reznik V.A. Innovatsii v mire besprovodnykh tekhnologiy: promyshlennyy standart ISA100.11a [Innovations in the world of wireless technologies: industrial standard ISA100.11a], Avtomatizatsiya v promyshlennosti [Automation in Industry], 2011, No. 6, pp. 21-26.
6. Adamov Yu.F., Sibagatullin A.G., Somov O.A. Tendentsii razvitiya sensornykh sistem i intellektual'nykh datchikov [Trends in the development of sensor systems and smart sensors], Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors & Systems], 2011, No. 5, pp. 58-59.
7. RF-IC Trends for Wireless Embedded Sensor Networks RF-IC Trends for Wireless Embedded Sensor Networks, Chipcon. Available at: webs.cs.berkeley.edu/retreat-6-04/RF-IC%20Trends%
20for%20Wireless%20Embedded%20Sensor%20Networks%20-%20Chipcon.pdf (Accessed 2 April 2015).
8. RF Front End Application and Technology Trends, Philips. Available at: www.eet.bme.hu/~benedek/CAD_Methodology/Tutorials/iccad2003/6_ 2slides.pdf (Accessed 2 April 2015).
9. Theodore Varelas. An overview of the trends and the challenges in RFIC Integration, Theta Microelectronics. Available at: http://dsmc.eap.gr/ppts/varelaspres.pdf (Accessed 2 April 2015).
10. nRF24LE1. 2.4 GHz RF System-on-Chip with flash, Nordic Semiconductor. Available at:
www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/2.4GHz-RF/nRF24LE1 (Accessed 2 April 2015).
11. MSP430 SoC With RF Core, Texas Instruments. Available at: www.ti.com/lit/ds/slas554h/slas554h.pdf (Accessed 2 April 2015).
12. СС2650. SimpleLink multi-standard 2.4 GHz ultra-low power wireless MCU. Available at: www.ti.com/product/cc2650 (Accessed 2 April 2015).
13. BLE112 Bluetooth Smart Module, Bluegiga. A Silicon Labs Company. Available at: www.bluegiga.com/en-US/products/ble112-bluetooth-smart-module/ (Accessed 2 April 2015).
14. BlueMod+SR. Bluetooth Smart Ready Module, Stallman. Available at: www.stollmann.de/en/modules/bluetooth-modules/bluemod-sr.html (Accessed 2 April 2015).
15. Sinyutin E.S. Novye integral'nye resheniya dlya razrabotki sborshchikov energii iz okruzhayushchey sredy [New integrated solutions for the development of energy collectors from the environment], Inzhenernyy vestnik Dona [Engineering journal of Don], № 4. Available at: www.ivdon.ru/ru/magazine/archive/N4y2014/2714 (Accessed 2 April 2015).
16. Jin-Shyan Lee., Yu-Wei Su, and Chung-Chou Shen. A Comparitive Study of Wireless Protocols:
Bluetooth, UWB, ZigBee, and Wi-Fi, The 33rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON). Taipei, Taiwan: 2007. Available at: eee.guc.edu.eg/announcements/
comparaitive_wireless_standards.pdf, свободный. (Accessed 27 March 2015).
17. Jin-Shyan Lee. Performance Evaluation of IEEE 802.15.4 for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, 2006, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp. 742-749.
18. Zhifang Wang, Robert J. Thomas, Zygmunt J. Haas Performance comparison of Bluetooth scatternet formation protocols for multi-hop networks, Wireless Networks, 2009, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 209-226.
19. СС2571. (ACTIVE) 8-channel ANT™ RF Network Processors, Texas Instruments Incorporated. Technical document. Dallas, USA, 2015. Available at: www.ti.com/product/cc2571 (Accessed 2 April 2015).
20. nRF51422 ANT SoC, Active // Nordic Semiconductor ASA. Technical document. Oslo, Norway, 2015. Available at: www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/ANT/nRF51422 (Accessed 2 April 2015).
21. AT3 RF Transeiver Chipset. Dynastream Innovations Inc. Technical document. Cochrane, Canada, 2015. Available at: www.thisisant.com/assets/resources/Datasheets/ D00001134_AT3_
RF_Transceiver_Chipset_Datasheet_Rev_1.4.pdf (Accessed 2 April 2015).
22. СС2541 (ACTIVE) 2.4 GHz Bluetooth® low energy and Proprietary System-on-Chip (Rev. C). Texas Instruments Incorporated. Technical document. Dallas, USA, 2015. Available at: www.ti.com/product/cc2541 (Accessed 2 April 2015).
23. СС2564 (ACTIVE) Bluetooth Smart Ready Controller. Texas Instruments Incorporated Technical document. Dallas, USA, 2015. Available at: www.ti.com/ product/cc2564, (Accessed 2 April 2015).
24. nRF51822 Bluetooth low energy and 4.4 GHz proprietary SoC, Active, Nordic Semiconductor ASA. Technical document. Oslo, Norway, 2015. Available at: www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/ ANT/nRF51822 (Accessed 2 April 2015).
25. STM32W108CC High-performance, IEEE 802.15.4 wireless system-on-chip with 256-Kbyte Flash, QFN48, Active. STMicroelectronics. Technical document. Geneva, Switzerland, 2015. Available at: www.st.com/web/catalog/mmc/FM141/SC1169/SS1581/PF251886 (Accessed 2 April 2015).