|Article title||FREQUENCY MULTIPLIER TELECOMMUNICATION DEVICES BASED ON THE OSCILLATING CIRCUIT AND THE VOLTAGE LIMITER|
|Section||SECTION II. RADIO ENGINEERING, TELECOMMUNICATIONS|
|Month, Year||08, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||Research devoted to the issues associated with building frequency multipliers harmonic oscillations on the basis of the oscillating circuit and a voltage limiter that generates voltage pulses that control the resonant circuit. The paper shows the principle of operation of the frequency multiplier considered transients occurring in the elements of the frequency multiplier, issued recommendations for the construction of frequency multipliers and the values of the angle of the cut-off pulse voltage when setting frequency multiplier at different harmonic frequencies of the input signal. It is shown that the use of the transistor in the role of the voltage limiter allows to build the frequency multiplier with characteristics not worse than the current cutoff device, since the parasitic capacitance of p-n junctions of the transistor have less influence on the frequency characteristics of the device. Also excludes the impact of the Miller effect on the frequency characteristics of the frequency multiplier, that also helps to increase the frequency of the frequency multiplier. In the frequency multiplier with the voltage limiter you can use both parallel and series resonant circuit. This allows to extend the functional properties of the frequency multiplier and to reduce the supply voltage of the device when using the series resonant circuit. Study of frequency multiplier based on voltage limiter and the parallel resonant circuit by means of analysis of transient processes in the device has allowed to refine the values of angles cut-off controlling signal the resonant circuit in the frequency multiplier. So, for building a frequency multiplier configured on the second harmonic, the cutoff angle of the input signal must be equal 450, for frequency multiplier which emitting the third harmonic, is 30, the fourth harmonic – 22,50.|
|Keywords||The frequency multiplier; harmonic oscillation; the oscillation circuit; a voltage limiter; cut-off angle; harmonics.|
|References||1. Gonorovskiy I.S. Radiotekhnicheskie tsepi i signaly: ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov [Radio circuits and signals: textbook. manual for schools]. 5th ed. Moscow: Drofa, 2006, 719 p.
2. Baskakov S.I. Radiotekhnicheskie tsepi i signaly: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Radio circuits and signals: textbook for universities]. 3rd ed. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 2000, 462 p.
3. Kharkevich A.A. Osnovy radiotekhniki [Fundamentals of radio engineering]. 3rd ed. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2007, 512 p.
4. Ivanov M.T., Sergienko A.B., Ushakov V.N. Teoreticheskie osnovy radiotekhniki: Ucheb. posobie [Theoretical fundamentals of radio engineering: a tutorial], Ed. By V.N. Ushakova. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 2002, 306 p.
5. Varaktornye umnozhiteli chastity [Varactor frequency multipliers]. Available at: http://electronic4u.ru/generatory/313-varaktornye-umnozhiteli-chastoty.
6. Umnozhenie chastoty v generatorakh [Multiplication of frequency generators]. Available at: http://conture.by/post/267.
7. Zernov N.V., Karpov V.G. Teoriya radiotekhnicheskikh tsepey [The theory of radio circuits]. Moscow– Leningrad: Energiya, 1965, 892 p.
8. A.S. 285987 SSSR, MPK H03B 19/10 Umnozhitel' chastoty [The frequency tripler], V.D. Dovbash (SSSR). No. 1244324/26-9; stated 03 June 1968; published 10 November 1970, Bulletin No. 34, 3 p.
9. A.S. 243662 SSSR, MPK H03B 19/00. Umnozhitel' chastoty na lavinno-proletnykh diodakh [The frequency multiplier using avalanche-flight diodes], A.M. Tsebiev (SSSR). No. 959924/26-9; stated 31 July 1964; published 14 May 1969, Bulletin No. 17, 3 p.
10. A.S. 285987 SSSR, MPK H03B 19/10. Umnozhitel' chastoty [The frequency multiplier], V.D. Dovbash (SSSR). No. 1244324/26-9; stated 03 June 1968; published 10 November 1970, Bulletin No. 34, 3 p.
11. A.S. 295176 SSSR, MPK H03B 19/00. Umnozhitel' chastoty garmonicheskikh kolebaniy [The frequency multiplier of harmonic oscillations], Yu.B. Belikov, V.L. Chentsov (SSSR). No. 1093673/26-9; stated 30 September 1967; opubl. 04 February 1971, Bulletin No. 7, 2 p.
12. Dekhtyarev V.S., Zhukovskiy S.Yu., Zyzin A.G. Umnozhitel' chastoty [Frequency multiplier]. Patent RF, No. 2044405, 1995.
13. Mal'tsev S.B., Korneev D.O. Umnozhitel' chastoty [Frequency multiplier]. Patent RF, No. 2186455, 2002.
14. Bocharov A.M., Mushta A.I., Novozhilov O.P.Garmonicheskiy umnozhitel' chastoty [Harmonic frequency multiplier]. Patent RF, 2292629, 2007.
15. Bocharov A.M., Bocharov M.I., Novozhilov O.P. Garmonicheskiy umnozhitel' chastoty [Harmonic frequency multiplier]. Patent RF, 2324284, 2008.
16. Novozhilov O.P., Bocharov M.I., Balashov Yu.S., Mushta A.I., Sumin A.M., Khudyakov Yu.V. Umnozhitel' chastity [The frequency multiplier]. Patent RF, 2380822, 2010.
17. Umnozhiteli chastity [Frequency multipliers]. Available at: http://digteh.ru/digital/MulFr.php.
18. Labutin L. Radioimpul'snoe umnozhenie chastity [Radiopulse frequency multiplied]. Available at: http://ideyka.narod.ru/TEMA/radio/rf/s2/st1.html.
19. Popov V.P. Osnovy teorii tsepey: Ucheb. dlya vuzov [Fundamentals of theory of circuits: Textbook for universities]. 2nd ed. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 1998, 575 p.
20. Rumyantsev K.E., Zemlyanukhin P.A., Okorochkov A.I. Radiotekhnicheskie tsepi i signaly: uchebnik dlya sred. prof. obrazovaniya [Radio circuits and signals: textbook for secondary vocational education]. Moscow: Akademiya, 2005, 384 p.