|Article title||ANALYSIS OF THE PROCESSES OF THE PHOTOCONVERSION IN THE NONLINEAR CAPACITANCE|
|Section||SECTION I. NANOELECTRONICS|
|Month, Year||09, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||Development of fiber-optic networks of the information transmission requires new solutions, which would increase their throughput capacity. One possibility would be to use the nonlinear capacitance, characteristic for a number of semiconductor devices. Their advantage consists in the absence of losses during conversion and in the significant reduction of noise characteristics of the process of conversion. The arbitrary current-voltage characteristic of the capacitance is used for the generalization of analysis. The analysis of the process is conducted for the case of demodulation of the complex group signal with a microwave subcarrier, which modulated the coherent optical radiation. The solution is based on the Manley-Rowe relation, which allows to determine the basic parameters of the process of demodulation by the nonlinear capacitance and to find optimal modes according to the noise and amplifying characteristics. Various options and modes of conversion and analyzed. It is depicted that the following modes can be implemented in the capacitive photoconverters: with a non-regenerative amplification and conversion of the frequency of the signal 1 down with п < 1 (with attenuation during the process of conversion) or up with п > 1 (with amplification during the process of conversion); with a regenerative amplification at the frequency 1 without frequency conversion (amplifier with idling circuit or the confluent amplifier). The analysis revealed that during the conversion on the nonlinear capacitance noises are lower than during a nonlinear conductance due to the absence of thermal and shot noises and the shot noise of the permanent component of the photocurrent remains the main source of the noises; the amplification during the process of conversion is determined by the parametric effect as well as regeneration. Thus, the obtained results allow to use previously unexamined physical phenomena in semiconductor materials and devices, and can be useful for developers of components and systems of visual range.|
|Keywords||Optical demodulation; nonlinear capacitance; radio heterodyne.|
|References||1. Belousov A.A., Vol'khin Yu.N., Gamilovskaya A.V., Dubrovskaya A.A. Teoreticheskoe i eksperimental'noe modelirovanie sverkhshirokopolosnykh analogovykh radiofotonnykh traktov diapazona SVCh [Theoretical and experimental modeling of ultra-wideband analog radiophonic circuits of microwave range], Materialy V yubileynoy obshcherossiyskoy konferentsii, Omsk, 7-8 oktyabrya 2014 g [Materials of the V all-Russian anniversary conference, Omsk, October 7-8, 2014].
2. Belkin M.E., Sigov A.S. Novoe napravlenie fotoniki – sverkhvysokochastotnaya
optoelektronika [A new direction in Photonics – microwave optoelectronics], Rossiyskiy ekonomicheskiy zhurnal [Russian Economic Journal], 2009, Vol. 54, No. 8, pp. 901-914.
3. Gus'kov Yu.N., Zhiburtovich R.Yu. Tekhnologiya razrabotki BRLS s AFAR [Technology is developing airborne AESA radar], Voprosy radioelektroniki [Questions of Radio Electronics], 2014, Issue 3, pp. 27-57.
4. Alekseev Yu.I., Dem'yanenko A.B. Detektirovanie opticheskikh amplitudno-modulirovannykh kolebaniy lavinno-proletnymi diodami [Optical detection of amplitude-modulated oscillations avalanche-flight diodes], Radiotekhnika [Radioengineering], 2008, No. 11, pp. 80-82.
5. Zaytsev D.F. Nanofotonika i ee primenenie [Nanophotonics and its applications]. Moscow: Akteon, 2014, 445 p.
6. Belousov A.A., Vol'khin Yu.N., Dubrovskaya A.A. Obzor i issledovanie vozmozhnykh variantov realizatsii analogovykh protsessov v diapazone SVCh s ispol'zovaniem metodov i sredstv radiofotoniki [Survey and exploration of the potential options-tov realization of analog processes in the microwave range using the methods and means of radio Photonics], Materialy V yubileynoy obshcherossiyskoy konferentsii, Omsk,7-8 oktyabrya 2014 g [Materials of the V all-Russian anniversary conference, Omsk,October 7-8, 2014].
7. Alekseev Yu.I., Dem'yanenko A.B. Tverdotel'nyy mnogofunktsional'nyy optoelektronnyy modul' [Solid-state multi-functional optoelectronic module], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy Rossii. Radioelektronika [Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii. Radioelektronika], 2008, No. 4, pp. 70-74.
8. Capmany J. and Novak D. Microwave photonics combines two worlds, Nat. Photonics, 2007, No. 1, pp. 319-330.
9. Yao J. Microwave photonics, J. Lightwave Technol., 2009, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 314-335.
10. Uricketal V.J. Long-haul analog photonics, J. Lightwave Technol., 2011, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 182.
11. C.H. Cox III and E.I. Ackerman. Recent advances in high-frequency (> 10 GHz) microwave photonic links, in Optical Fiber Telecommunications VIB, I.P. Kaminow, T. Li and A.E. Willner, Eds., Academic Press, 2013.
12. Manley J.M., Rowe H.E. Proc. Inst. Radio Eng. 44 (1956) 904.
13. Osadchiy E.N., Chervyakov G.G. Nizkochastotnyy shum v rezistivnykh smesitelyakh SVCh na getostrukturnykh NEMt–tranzistorakh [Low-frequency noise in resistive mixers microwave on geostructure Nemt–transistors] Trudy NTK. Ch. 2. Nanotekhnologii 2010, 19-24 sent. 2010 – Divnomorskoe, Rossiya, 2010 [Proceedings of the STC. Part 2. Nanotechnology 2010, 19-24 Sept. 2010 – Divnomorskoe, Russia, 2010], pp. 127-129.
14. Marpaung D. et al. Integrated microwave photonics, Laser Photonics Rev., 2013, No. 7, pp. 506.
15. Urick V.J., McKinney J.D. and Williams K.J. Fundamentals of Microwave Photonics, John Wiley & Sons (December 2014).
16. Belousov A.A., Vol'khin Yu.N., Dubrovskaya A.A. Obzor i issledovanie vozmozhnykh variantov realizatsii sverkhshirokopolosnykh detektorov, smesiteley i drugikh analogovykh protsessorov diapazona SVCh s ispol'zovaniem metodov i sredstv radiofotoniki [Survey and exploration of possible options for the implementation of UWB detectors, mixers, and other analog processors range microwave with use of methods and means of radio Photonics], Obmen opytom v oblasti sozdaniya sverkhshirokopolosnykh radioelektronnykh sistem: materialy nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Exchange of experience in the field of ultra-wideband radio-electronic systems: materials of the scientific-technical conference]. Omsk: TsKBA, 2014, pp. 37-61.
17. Ma L., Ghelfi P., Yao M., Berizzi F., and Bogoni A. Demonstration of optical sample parallelisation for high speed photonic assisted ADCs, Electron. Lett, 2011, Vol. 47 (5), pp. 333-335.
18. Ghelfi P., Scotti F., Nguyen A.T., Serafino G., and Bogoni A. Ultra stable radar signal from a photonics-assistcd transceivor based on single vode-lockinglaser, in Conference on Optical Fiber Communication and the National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (OFC/NFOTC'11), 2011.
19. Doylend J.K., Heck M.J.R., Bovington J.T., Peters J.D., Coldren L,A., md J.E. Bowers. Two-dimensional free-space beam steering with an optical phased array on silicon-on-insulator, Op t . Express., 2011, Vol. 19 (22), pp. 21595-21604.
20. Llorente R., Morant M., Amiot N., and Uguen B. Novel photonic analog-to-digital converter architecture for precise localization of ultra-wide band radio transmitters, IEEE J.Sel.Areas Comm., 2011, No. 29 (6), pp. 1321-1327.