|Article title||FEATURES OF FORMATION OF COMPOSITE BASED ON NANOSTRUCTURED TITANIUM DIOXIDE-COATED ULTRA-THIN GRAPHITE LAYERS|
|Authors||A.N. Belov, M.V. Kislitsin, A.A. Stroganov, A.V. Sysa, V.I. Shevyakov|
|Section||SECTION II. FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS OF NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||09, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||It has been shown that increasing the capacity of lithium-ion batteries is possible when using the electrodes with high effective surface area, which is porous and crystalline anode metal oxides such as titanium oxide, which is an array of nanoscale columns, the geometrical parameters which may change by varying the technological features of its formation. It is noted that the conformal deposition of carbon layers on the developed surface of such structures will increase the surface of the cathode is several times. The results of the study technology of synthesis of nanostructured composite based on titanium oxide coated with ultra-thin graphite layers. We demonstrate this particular form of titanium oxide, having a columnar structure, two-layer coating by anodic oxidation of titanium–aluminum. Such a shape of the surface of the nanostructure is associated with the movement of the front along the titanium oxide formation pore alumina in the oxidation process. In particular it is shown that the titanium oxide having a maximum effective surface area can be obtained by using an electrolyte based on oxalic acid. The results of the study of transmission electron microscopy and Raman spectroscopy proved the possibility of deposition of ultra-thin layers of graphite. It is found that the amount of graphite monolayers increased from the upper portion to the pillars of the titanium base. The minimum amount of graphite monolayers (IG/I2D = 0,5–0,8) formed in the top of the column and at the approach to the base number is growing. At the base of the pillars have the intensity ratio IG/I2D= 1,8–2,5. In our opinion this is due to size effects arising from the small radius of curvature of the nanocrystals. Showed an increase in surface area based on the synthesized composite 9.5 times.|
|Keywords||Lithium-ion battery; composite; graphite; titanium oxide; ultra-thin layer; pyrolysis of ethanol; an array of nanoscale columns; nanostructure|
|References||1. Scrosati Bruno, Garche Jьrgen. Lithium batteries: Status, prospects and future, Journal of Power Sources, 2010, Vol. 195, pp. 2419-2430.
2. Subrahmanyam Goriparti, Ermanno Miele, Francesco De Angelis, Enzo Di Fabrizio, Remo Proietti Zaccaria, Claudio Capiglia. Review on recent progress of nanostructured anode materials for Li-ion batteries, Journal of Power Sources, 2014, Vol. 257, pp. 421-443.
3. Languang Lu, Xuebing Han, Jianqiu Li, Jianfeng Hua, Minggao Ouyang. A review on the key issues for lithium-ion battery management in electric vehicles, Journal of Power Sources, 2013, Vol. 226, pp. 272-288.
4. Uttam Kumar Sen, Apoorv Shaligram, and Sagar Mitra. Intercalation Anode Material for Lithium Ion Battery Based on Molybdenum Dioxide, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, Vol. 6, pp. 14311-14319.
5. Naoki Nitta, Feixiang Wu1, Jung Tae Lee, Gleb Yushin. Li-ion battery materials: present and future, MaterialsToday, 2015, Vol. 18, pp. 252-264.
6. Shiyou Zheng, Yvonne Chen, Yunhua Xu, Feng Yi, Yujie Zhu, Yihang Liu, Junhe Yang, and Chunsheng Wang. In Situ Formed Lithium Sulfide/Microporous Carbon Cathodes for Lithium-Ion Batteries, ACS Nano, 2013, Vol. 7, pp. 10995-11003.
7. Haifang Ni, Jinkun Liu and Li-Zhen Fan. Carbon-coated LiFePO4–porous carbon composites as cathode materials for lithium ion batteries, Nanoscale, 2013, Vol. 5, pp. 2164-2168.
8. Cao Q., Zhang H.P., Wang G.J., Xia Q., Wu Y.P., Wu H.Q. A novel carbon-coated LiCoO2 as cathode material for lithium ion battery, Electrochemistry Communications, 2007, Vol. 9, pp. 1228-1232.
9. Chu Liang, Mingxia Gao, Hongge Pan, Yongfeng Liu, Mi Yan. Lithium alloys and metal oxides as high-capacity anode materials for lithium-ion batteries, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2013, Vol. 575, pp. 246-256.
10. Kedrinskiy I.A., Yakovlev V.G. Litiy-ionnye akkumulyatory [Lithium-ion batteries]. Krasnoyarsk: Platina, 2002, 268 p.
11. Wu Y.P., Rahm E. and Holze R. Carbon anode materials for lithium ion batteries, Journal of Power Sources, 2003, Vol. 144, pp. 228-236.
12. Chuanmin Ruan, Maggie Paulose, Oomman K. Varghese, Gopal K. Mor, Craig A. Grimes Fabrication of Highly Ordered TiO2 Nanotube Arrays Using an Organic Electrolyte, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2005, No. 109, pp. 15754-15759.
13. Sonoda T., Kato M., Katou K., Asahina T. Surface structure of Ti-O films formed on pure titanium by anodic oxidation, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2007, No. 61, pp. 1091-1096.
14. Xinsheng Peng, Jingpengwang, Dan F Thomas Aicheng. ChenTunable growth of TiO2 nanostructures on Ti substrates, Nanotechnology, 2005, No. 16, pp. 2389-2395.
15. Marн B., Mollar M., Mechkour A., Hartiti B., Perales M. and Cembrero J. Optical properties of nanocolumnar ZnO crystals, Microelectron. J., 2004, Vol. 35, pp. 79-82.
16. Fernandez I., Cremades A., Piqueras J. Cathodoluminescence study of defects in deformed (110) and (100) surfaces of TiO2 single crystals, Semicond. Sci. Technol., 2005, Vol. 20, pp. 239-243.
17. Belov A.N. Formirovanie nanostrukturirovannogo oksida titana metodom anodnogo okisleniya dvukhsloynykh struktur alyuminiy–titan [The formation of nanostructured titanium oxide by the method of anodic oxidation of double-layer structures of aluminum–titanium], Nanotekhnika [Nanotechnics], 2010, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 78-81.
18. Belov A.N., Gavrilov S.A., Shevyakov V.I. Osobennosti polucheniya nanostrukturirovan-nogo anodnogo oksida alyuminiya [Features of obtaining of nanostructured-tion of anodic aluminium oxide], Rossiyskie nanotekhnologii [Russian nanotechnologies], 2006, Vol. 1, No. 1-2, pp. 223-227.
19. Tao Hu, Xiang Sun, Hongtao Sun, Mingpeng Yu, Fengyuan Lu, Changsheng Liu Jie Lian. Flexible free-standing graphene–TiO2 hybrid paper for use as lithium ion battery anode materials, Carbon, 2013, Vol. 51, pp. 322-326.
20. Belov A.N., Volosova Yu.V., Gavrilov S.A., Redichev E.N., Shevyakov V.I. Elektrokhimicheskiy reaktor dlya polucheniya poristykh anodnykh oksidov metallov i poluprovodnikov [Electrochemical reactor for the production of porous anode oxides of metals and semiconductors], Nanotekhnika [Nanotechnics], 2011, No. 4, pp. 58-61.