|Article title||UV SENSORS OBTAINED ON AACVD GROWN NANOCRYSTALLINE ZnO FILMS|
|Authors||О.А. Ageev, Jong-Gul Yoon, Е.G. Zamburg, Yu.N. Varzarev, V.N. Dzhuplin, D.A. Golosov, D.А. Khakhulin|
|Section||SECTION II. FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS OF NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||09, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||Sensors of UV radiation are important elements of many systems in the defense and aero-space industries. As a result, it is a remarkable goal to improve the basic parameters of these devices. We present the results of a development of a production technology of UV-sensor with high photosensitivity based on nanocrystalline films of ZnO. Films were produced by aerosol assisted chemical vapor deposition. By varying the temperature and the type of substrate we controlled crystallographic structure of ZnO film, and, as a result, photosensitivity. Eight samples were produced: four samples were grown on amorphous ITO under temperatures 300 °C, 350 °C, 400 °C and 450 °C. Investigation of the parameters of these samples showed, that it is necessary to use two temperatures: 300 °C and 420 °C. We produced four more samples: on sapphire under 300°C, on sapphire under 420 °C, on sapphire under 300°C and with introduction of Pt and on Si under 300°C with introduction of Pt. These are sample 5, 6, 7 and 8, respectively. We acquired XRDS of these films. We also measured the current-voltage and current-time characteristics of these samples. At 1 V dark currents for samples 5, 6, 7 and 8 are 0,2 mA, 1,64 mA, 0,02 mA and 0,5 mA, respectively. After 300 seconds of illumination with mercury lamp currents in samples 5, 6, 7 and 8 reached values of 6,6 mA, 1,70 mA, 13,1 mA and 11,3 m. We have found that there is a correlation between crystal structure and photosensitivity. Possible reason for the difference in photoresponse is defects on crystallites’ borders. We compared main parameters of the sensor with the results of other studies.|
|Keywords||ZnO; thin film; nanocrystalline film; UV-sensor; AACVD.|
|References||1. Craig F. Smith, Vladimir Ryzhikov, Sergei Naydenov, Dennis Wood, Volodymyr Perevertailo. Ultraviolet radiation detector and dosimeter. Patent USA, No. 8829457 B2, 12.03.2012.
2. Solov'ev A.M. Ispol'zovanie opticheskikh datchikov vidimogo, ul'trafioletovogo i infrakrasnogo diapazonov dlya opredeleniya orientatsii nanosputnika [The use of optical sensors in the visible, ultraviolet and infrared ranges to determine the orientation of the nanosatellite], Voprosy elektromekhaniki [Questions of Electromechanics], 2011, Vol. 121, pp. 35-38.
3. Jim Carey. L-3 Com AVISYS Civil Aviation Self-protection System // Optics and Photonics in Global Homeland Security II, Proc. of SPIE – 2006, Vol. 6203, 62030E, 0277-786X/06/$15. doi: 10.1117/12.673685.
4. Zotov V.D. Sovremennye sredstva detektirovaniya UF izlucheniy i ikh primenenie [Modern means of detecting UV radiation and their applications], Tekhnicheskie i programmnye sredstva sistem upravleniya, kontrolya i izmereniya: sb. tr. 1 nauch. konf. [Technical and soft-ware control systems, control and measurement: proceedings of the 1 scientific conference]. Moscow: IPU RAN, 2010, pp. 533-541.
5. Semikina T.V., Komashchenko V.N., Shmyreva L.N. Oksidnaya elektronika kak odno iz napravleniy prozrachnoy elektroniki [Oxide electronics as one of the areas of transparent electronics], Elektronika i svyaz' [Electronics and Communications], 2010, No. 3, pp. 20-28.
6. Вakin A., Waag A. ZnO Epitaxial Growth, Comprehensive Semiconductor Science and Technology, 2011, pp. 368-395.
7. Otto-Carlsson J., Martin P.M. Chemical Vapor Deposition, Handbook of Deposition Technologies for films and coatings, 2009, Сpt. 7, pp. 314-363.
8. Dostanko A.P., Ageev O.A., Golosov D.A., Zavadskiy S.M., Zamburg E.G., Vakulov D.E., Vakulov Z.E. Elektricheskie i opticheskie svoystva plenok oksida tsinka, nanesennykh metodom ionno-luchevogo raspyleniya oksidnoy misheni [Electrical and optical properties of films of zinc oxide deposited by ion-beam sputtering from an oxide target], Fizika i tekhnika poluprovodnikov [Physics and Technics of Semiconductors], 2014, Vol. 48, No. 9, pp. 1274-1279.
9. Gusev E.Y., Ageev O.A., Gamaleev V.A., Mikhno A.S., Mironenko O.O., Pronin E.A. Effect of annealing on conductivity type of nanocrystalline ZnO films fabricated by rf magnetron sputtering, Advanced Materials Research, 2014, Vol. 893, pp. 539-542.
10. Ji-Hyuk Choi et al. Fabrication and characterization of ZnO nanowire transistors with organic polymer as a dielectric layer, Solid State Communications, 2008, Vol. 148, pp.126-130.
11. Ageev O.A., Gusev E.Y., Zamburg E.G., Vakulov D.E., Vakulov Z.E., Shumov A.V., Ivonin M.N. Nanocrystalline ZnO films grown by PLD for NO2 and NH3 sensor, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2014, Vol. 475-476, pp. 446-450.
12. Kwang-Leong Choy, Xianghui Hou. Processing and Applications of Aerosol-Assiste Chemical Vapor Deposition, Chemical vapor deposition, 2006, No. 12, pp. 583-596.
13. Jong-Gul, Hun Kyoo Oh, Young Jik Kwag Yoon. Structural and Optical Properties of TiO2-SiO2 Composite Films Prepared by Aerosol-Assisted Chemical-Vapor Deposition, Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 1998, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 699-704.
14. Inamdar S.I., Rajpure K.Y. High-performance metal–semiconductor–metal UV photodetector based on spray deposited ZnO thin films, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2014, No. 595, pp. 55-59.
15. Heerden J.L. van, Swanepoel R. XRD analysis of ZnO thin films prepared by spray Pyrolysis, Thin Solid Films, 1997, No. 299, pp. 72-77.
16. Tansley T.L. Neely D.F. Adsorption, desorption and conductivity of sputtered zinc oxide thin films, Thin Solid Films, 1984, No. 121, pp. 95-107.
17. Zhang D.H., Brodie D.E. Crystallite orientation and the related photoresponse of hexagonal ZnO films deposited by r.f. sputtering, Thin Solid Films, 1994, No. 251, pp. 151-156.
18. Zhang D.H. Fast photoresponse and the related change of crystallite barriers for ZnO films deposited by r.f. sputtering, J. Phys. D.: Appl. Phys., 1995, No. 28, pp. 1273-1277.
19. Panda S.K., Jacob C. Preparation of transparent ZnO thin films and their application in UV sensor devices, Solid-State Electronics, 2012, No. 73, pp. 44-50.
20. Ptashnik V.V., Zamburg E.G., Varzarev Yu.N., Dzhuplin V.N., Shornikov R.S. Fotorezistor blizhnego UF-diapazona na osnove nanokristallicheskikh plenok ZnO [Photoresistor near-UV range based on nanocrystalline ZnO films], Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental Research], 2012, No. 5, pp. 1206-1209.
21. Alekseev A.N., Sokolov I.A., Ageev O.A., Konoplev B.G. Kompleksnyy podkhod k
tekhnologicheskomu osnashcheniyu tsentra prikladnykh razrabotok. Opyt realizatsii v NOTs «Nanotekhnologii» YuFU [Comprehensive approach to technological equipping for R&D center. The experience in implementing of SEC «Nanotechnology» SFedU], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 207-210.