|Article title||STRUCTURE OF THE INTERFACE REGIONS IN ВАTIO3–WTIO3 NANOCERAMICS|
|Authors||O.V. Karban, O.M. Kanunnikova, E.N. Khazanov, A.V. Taranov|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOMATERIALS|
|Month, Year||09, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||In the studied segnetoelectrical Ва-W-Ti-O ceramics, compacted under different conditions of pressure and ultrasound action with subsequent sintering at 1623 K, structure and composition of interface regions vary in a nonmonotonic way. The chemical composition was analyzed by the X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. The structure of the ceramics interface regions and their specimen-average characteristics were investigated by the heat pulse method. In the ceramics studied different boundary types are observed: boundaries between agglomerates, between grains in the agglomerates, and boundaries between areas of coherent scattering. However, a satisfactory agreement between the theoretical calculations and the experimental temperature dependences of nonequilibrium phonon scattering is observed only in the case when R is the size of grains (particles) forming the agglomerates. Accelerated tungsten diffusion to the grain surface during sintering is determined by ultrasound action activation in process of powder consolidation. Increasing the pressure during dry static compacting and exposure to ultrasound result in the formation of complex structure of fragments and boundaries between them increase the acoustic density and lead to a decrease in the intergranular boundary thickness to values that are sometimes comparable to the lattice constant of the boundary material. The optimum boundary structure is found in specimens compacted at a pressure of about 700-800 MPa which allows the formation of an interface region with prevailing content of isotropic structure.|
|Keywords||Ва-W-Ti-O ceramics; interface regions; XPS; phonon spectroscopy.|
|References||1. Unchino K., Takasu T. Property Variation of piezoelectric ceramics with microstructure, Inspectioneering Journal, 1986, Vol. 10, pp. 29-34.
2. Begg D., Vance E.R., Nowontny J. Effect on particle size on the room-temperature crystal structure of barium Titanate, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 1994, Vol. 77, pp.3186-3192.
3. M.-B.Park [et al.] Phase transition and physical characteristics of nanograined BaTiO3 ceramics synthesized from surface-coated nanopowders, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 2004, Vol. 87, No. 3, pp. 510-512.
4. Gleiter H. Materials with Ultra-Fine Grain Sizes, Deformation of Polycrystals: Proc. of 2ndRISO Symposium on Metallurgy and Materials Science: еds. Hansen N., Leffers T., Lithold H. Roskilde: RISO Nat. Lab., 1981, pp. 15-21.
5. Yamamoto T., Sakuma T. Abnormal grain growth of BaTiO3 with small cation
nonstoichiometry, Mater. Sci. Forum., 1996, Vol. 204-206, pp. 491-496.
6. Yamamoto T. [et.al]. Grain boundary structures in TiO2-excess barium titanate, J. Mare. Res., 1998, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 3449-345210.
7. Ivanov V.V., Ivanov S.N., Karban' O.V., Taranov A.V., Khazanov E.N., Khrustov V.P. Issledovanie struktury nanokeramiki oksida TiO2 metodami rentgenografii, atomnoy silovoy mikroskopii i kinetiki teplovykh fononov [The study of the structure of nanoceramics oxide TiO2 by x-ray diffraction, atomic force microscopy and kinetics of thermal phonons], Neorganicheskie materialy [Inorganic Materials], 2004, Vol. 40, No. 11, pp. 1400-1406.
8. Kanunnikova O.M., Karban' O.V. Vozmozhnosti metoda rentgenoelektronnoy spektroskopii dlya analiza strukturnogo sostoyaniya tonkikh sloev oksidnykh nanomaterialov [The possibilities of the method x-ray electron spectroscopy to analyze the structural state of the thin layers of oxide nanomaterials], Izvestiya Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. Seriya fizicheskaya [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics], 2011, Vol. 75, No. 11, pp. 1540-1546.
9. Matsui K. [et al.]. Cubic-Formation and Grain-Growth Mechanisms in Tetragonal Zirconia Polycrystal, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 2003, Vol. 8, No. 8, pp. 1401-1408.
10. Takeuchi T. [et al.]. Thickness of cubic surface phase on barium titanate single-crystallite grains, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 1994, Vol. 77, pp. 1665-1668.
11. Miot C. [et al.] Residial carbon evolution in BaTiO3 ceramics studies by XPS after ion etching, J. European Ceramic Society, 1998, Vol. 18, pp. 339-343.
12. Khasanov O.L., Dvilis E.S. Net-shaping nanopowders with powerful ultrasonic action and methods of the density distribution control, Advances in Applied Ceramics, 2008, Vol. 107, No. 3, pp. 135-141.
13. Karban' O.V., Kanunnikova O.M., Salamatov E.I., Khazanov E.N., Leesment S.I., Goncharov O.Yu. Primenenie sovremennykh metodov issledovaniya dlya izucheniya oksidnykh nanokeramik [The application of modern research methods for the study of oxide nanoceramics], Khimicheskaya fizika i mezoskopiya [Chemical Physics and Mesoscopics], 2009, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 499-511.
14. Ivanov S.N. [et al.]. Rasprostranenie neravnovesnykh fononov v keramicheskikh materialakh [Propagation of nonequilibrium phonons in the ceramic material crystals], ZhETF [Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics], 1992, Vol. 102, No. 2 (8), pp. 600-617.
15. Barabanenkov Yu.N. [et al.] Issledovanie nanokeramik na osnove oksidov Al i Zr metodom teplovykh impul'sov [The study nanoceramics based on the oxides of Al and Zr meto-house thermal pulses], ZhETF [Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics], 2001, Vol. 119, No. 3, pp. 546-552.
16. Barabanenkov Yu.N. [et al.]. Rasprostranenie fononov v nanokristallicheskikh keramikakh ZrO2:Y2O3 [The propagation of phonons in nanocrystalline ceramics ZrO2:Y2O3], ZhETF [Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics], 2006, Vol. 129, No. 1, pp. 131-138.
17. Baza dannykh NIST [data base]. Available at: http://www.nist.gov/srd/ (accessed 08 April 15).
18. Kumar S., Raju V.S., Kutty T.R.N. Investigations on the chemical states of sintered barium titanate by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, Applied surface science, 2003, Vol. 206, pp. 250-261.
19. Nasser S.A. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study on the composition and structure of BaTiO3 thin films deposited on silicon, Applied surface science, 2000, Vol. 157, pp. 14-22.
20. Kagan V.D., Suslov A.V. Vliyanie elektricheskogo polya na rasprostranenie teplovykh impul'sov v SrTiO3 [Effect of electric field on the propagation of heat pulses in SrTiO3], FTT [Solid State Physics], 1994, Vol. 36, pp. 2672.