|Article title||DEVELOPMENT OF BIOLOGICAL IDENTIFICATION TECHNIQUE OF HIGH RELIABILITY BASED ON ATOMIC FORCE MICROSCOPY|
|Authors||V.O. Ageev, M.V. Ilina, I.A. Malkov|
|Section||SECTION V. BIOMEDICAL NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||09, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||One of the main problems of modern protection systems based on biometric identification is to reduce their reliability. The introduction of additional lines of protection: scanning the iris, hand geometry, facial recognition, etc., greatly increases the cost and complexity of the equipment of these systems, so not widespread. In this paper a method of biometric identification with high reliability based on measuring the elastic properties of the skin of a human finger while scanning his fingerprint is presented. The skin of a human finger is studied by atomic force microscopy and its distinctive features are revealed by the materials used to create plaster casts and casts finger-print. It is shown that the developed method of the identification allows a high degree of veracity to distinguish the skin from inorganic materials for its Young"s modulus. It is found that the elasticity of the skin varies at 15 % with increasing interval between the cut and dimension of the skin from 5 to 30 minutes. The elasticity of the skin also depends on the age of the person and amounts to 60,2 ± 4,2 and 42,4 ± 2,6 kPa to 20 and 40 years respectively. These dependencies can be used for creating additional levels of protection of biological identification method and preventing such methods of discredit as the use of snapshots and pre-made cuts of the skin. The results can be used in the development of biometric identification systems with a high level of protection that not only verifies the fingerprint pattern of the skin of a human finger, but its elasticity.|
|Keywords||Nanotechnology; biometrics; biometric identification; skin; elasticity; atomic force microscopy.|
|References||1. Wayman J.L. Fundamentals of Biometric Authentication Technologies, International Journal of Image and Graphics, 2001, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 93-113.
2. Oleynik Yu.I. Malygina E.A. Malygin A.Yu. Biometriya: problemy testirovaniya [Biometrics: the problem of testing], Trudy mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma «Nadezhnost' i kachestvo» [Proceedings of the international symposium "Reliability and quality"], 2005, Vol. 1, pp. 94-98.
3. Jain A.K., Ross A., Prabhakar S. An Introduction to Biometric Recognition, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and. Systems for Video Technology, 2004, Vol. 14, pp. 1-29.
4. Maznichenko N.I. Oblasti primeneniya i printsipy postroeniya biometricheskikh sistem identifikatsii lichnosti [Areas of application and principles of of biometric systems of identification], Vestnik Natsional'nogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta Khar'-kovskiy politekhnicheskiy institut. Seriya: Informatika i modelirovanie [Bulletin of the National Technical University Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute. Series: Computing and Modeling], 2013, Vol. 19, pp. 127-132.
5. Pisarev D.Yu. Problemnye voprosy biometricheskoy identifikatsii v raskrytii prestupleniy [Problem questions of biometric identification in solving crimes], Probely v rossiyskom zakonodatel'stve [Gaps in Russian legislation], 2008, No. 2, pp. 326-329.
6. Barsukov V.S., Zaytsev A.V., Ponomarev A.A. Identifikatsiya lichnosti – klyuchevaya problema bezopasnosti [Personal identification - a key security problem], Spetsial'naya tekhnika [Special equipment], 2005, No. 3, pp. 84-91.
7. Hong L., Jain A.K. Integrating Faces and Fingerprints for Personal Identification, IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 1998, Vol. 20, No. 12, pp. 1295-1307.
8. Kumar A., Wong D.C., Shen H.C., Jain A.K. Personal Verification using Palmprint and Hand Geometry Biometric, 4th International Conference on Audio- and Video-based Biometric Person Authentication, 2003, pp. 668-675.
9. Daugman J.G. High Confidence Visual Recognition of Persons by a Test of Statistical Independence, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 1993, Vol. 15, No. 11, pp. 1148-1161.
10. Ivanov A.I., Petrunenkov A.A. Razvitie biometricheskikh tekhnologiy: ob"edinenie usiliy i perekhod k etapu standartizatsii [The development of biometric technologies: unification of efforts and the transition to the stage of standardization], Sovremennye tekhnologii bezopasnosti [Modern security technology], 2004, No. 3, pp. 2-4.
11. De Luis-Garcia R., Alberola-Lopez C., Aghzout O., Ruiz-Alzola J. Biometric identication systems, Signal Processing, 2003, Vol. 83, pp. 2539–2557.
12. Brunelli R., Falavigna D. Person Identification Using Multiple Cues, IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 1995, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 955-966.
13. Konoplev B.G., Ageev O.A. Elionnye i zondovye nanotekhnologii dlya mikro- i nanosistemnoy tekhniki [Elion and probe nanotechnologies for nano- and microsystems technology], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2008, No. 12 (89), pp. 165-175.
14. Carl Ph., Schillers H. Elasticity measurement of living cells with an atomic force microscope: data acquisition and processing, Pflugers Arch - Eur J Physiol., 2008, Vol. 457 (551), pp. 551-559.
15. Dokukin M.E., Guz N.V., Sokolov I. Quantitative Study of the Elastic Modulus of Loosely Attached Cells in AFM Indentation Experiment, Biophysical Journal, 2013, Vol. 104, pp. 2123-2131.
16. Berdyyeva T.K., Woodworth C.D., Sokolov I. Human epithelial cells increase their rigidity with ageing in vitro: direct measurements, Phys. Med. Biol., 2005, Vol. 50, pp. 81-92.
17. Smirnov V.A., Shilov A.K., Ageev V.O., Rubashkina M.V. Metod biometricheskoy identifikatsii na osnove atomno-silovoy mikroskopii [Method of biometric identification on the basis of atomic-force microscopy], Informatsionnoe protivodeystvie ugrozam terrorizma [Information counteraction to threats of terrorism], 2014, No. 23, pp. 15-18.
18. Alekseev A.N., Sokolov I.A., Ageev O.A., Konoplev B.G. Kompleksnyy podkhod k
tekhnologicheskomu osnashcheniyu tsentra prikladnykh razrabotok. Opyt realizatsii v NOTs «Nanotekhnologii» YuFU [Complex approach to the technological equipment of the center of applied research. Experience in the implementation of the REC "Nanotechnology" SFEDU] Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 207-210.
19. Ofitsial'nyy sayt ZAO «NT-MDT» [Official site CJSC "NT-MDT"]. Available at:
20. Mironov V.L. Osnovy skaniruyushchey zondovoy mikroskopii [Basics of the scanning probe microscopy]. Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2004, 143 p.