|Article title||SUBSEA INVESTIGATIONS OF TRACTION PROPERTIES AND PASSABILITY OF WALKING UNIT МАК-1|
|Authors||V.V. Arykantsev, V.V. Chernyshev|
|Section||SECTION V. UNDERWATER ROBOTICS|
|Month, Year||10, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||Results of tests of subsea walking unit MAK-1 are discussed. Unit developed for optimization of walking mechanisms settings and adjustment of movement control methods of walking robotic systems, which moves on sea bottom. During tests performance of walking unit have been checked and influence of design features of walking mover on his traction characteristics and ground passability have been investigated. Also, certain attention was given to testing of methods of standalone movement control of subsea unit in conditions of incomplete and ambiguous vision of current situation. Tests was held at small deeps (up to 20 m). In determining of traction characteristics were observed conditions when foot slipping and slice of ground occurred during straight movement of walking unit with variable hook force. During the subsea tests was used the method, based on video recording of legs of the walking unit movement with frame by frame processing of video on PC. In limited ground passability investigation were discovering conditions, when full loss of passability was observed, which connected with low bearing properties of the ground. For this purpose was realized movement on the most severe, from ground passability point of view, silty bottom areas. Tests have shown that walking movers in subsea conditions can provide more high traction properties, in compare with wheeled and tracked. The analogue of the coefficient of friction for walking machines on low-bearing ground can be more than 1. In result, even on low bearing ground, can be realized traction force on friction, which exceeds weight (of negative buoyancy) of the machine. Best possible traction force on low bearing ground for wheeled and tracked machines usually does not exceed 10–20 % of their weight. Held experiments also confirmed significant advantage of ground and shape passability comparing with traditional vehicles. Results of the work can be demand in development of engineering calculating methods and design of subsea robotic systems walking movers, designed for underwater operations and for new technologies development of seabed resources.|
|Keywords||Underwater units; mobile robots; bottom-moved machines; walking mover; interaction with ground; traction characteristics; passableness; subsea tests.|
|References||1. Andreev S.I., Kazakova V.E., Babaeva S.F., Cherkashev G.A. Tverdye poleznye iskopaemye mirovogo okeana: istoriya otkrytiy, geologicheskoe izuchenie, perspektivy osvoeniya [Solid minerals in the world ocean: history of discoveries, geological research, prospects of development], Gornyy zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2013, No. 11, pp. 65-72.
2. Verichev S., Jonge L., Wiebe B., Rodney N. Deep mining: from exploration to exploitation, Minerals of the Ocean – 7 & Deep-Sea Minerals and Mining – 4: abstracts of Int. Conf. VNIIOkeangeologia. St. Petersburg, 2014, pp. 126-138.
4. Hong S., Kim H.W., Choi J.S. Transient Dynamic Analysis of Tracked Vehicles on Extremely Soft Cohesive soil, The 5th ISOPE Pacific/Asia Offshore Mechanics Symposium, 2002, pp. 100-107.
5. Kim H.W., Hong S., Choi J.S. Comparative Study on Tracked Vehicle Dynamics on Soft Soil: Single-Body Dynamics vs. Multi-body Dynamics, ISOPE, OMS-2003, Tsukuba, Japan, 2003, pp. 132-138.
6. Chernyshev V.V., Gavrilov A.E. Traction properties of walking machines on underwater soils with a low bearing ability, Minerals of the Ocean – 7 & Deep-Sea Minerals and Mining – 4: abstracts of Int. Conf. VNIIOkeangeologia, St. Petersburg, 2014, pp. 21-24.
7. Briskin E.S., Chernyshev V.V., Maloletov A.V and others. On ground and profile practicability of multi-legged walking machines,Climbing and Walking Robots. CLAWAR 2001: Proc. of the 4-th Int. Conf. Karlsruhe, Germany, 2001, pp. 1005-1012.
8. Chernyshev V.V. Polevye issledovaniya shagayushchikh mashin [Field studies of walking ma-
chines], Traktory i sel'skokhozyaystvennye mashiny [Tractors and Agricultural Machinery], 2004, No. 4, pp. 20-22.
9. Briskin E.S., Chernyshev V.V., Maloletov A.V., Zhoga V.V. The Investigation of Walking Machines with Movers on the Basis of Cycle Mechanisms of Walking, The 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation (Changchun, Jilin, August 9-12, 2009): conf. proceedings. China, 2009, pp. 3631-3636.
10. Briskin E.S., Chernyshev V.V., Maloletov A.V., Sharonov N.G. Sravnitel'nyy analiz kolesnykh, gusenichnykh i shagayushchikh mashin [Comparative analysis of wheeled, tracked and walking machines], Robototekhnika i tekhnicheskaya kibernetika [Robotics and Technical Cybernetics], 2013, No. 1, pp. 6-14.
11. Planetokhody [Rovers], Ed. by Kemurdzhiana A.L. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1982, 319 p.
12. Chernyshev V.V. Opyt ispol'zovaniya shagayushchey mashiny dlya likvidatsii avariynogo razliva nefti [Experience in the use of walking machine for emergency oil spill], Bezopasnost' zhiznedeyatel'nosti [Bezopasnost’Zhiznedeatel’nosti], 2003, No. 5, pp. 28-30.
13. Silva M.F., Machado J.A.T. A literature review on the optimization of legged robots, Journal of Vibration and Control, 2012, No. 18, pp. 1753-1767.
14. Briskin E.S., Kalinin J.V., Maloletov A.V., Chernyshev V.V. On the energy efficiency of cyclic mechanisms, Mechanics of Solids, 2014, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 11-17.
15. Chernyshev V.V., Briskin E.S., Savin A.Yu. Shagayushchaya opora dlya transportnykh sredstv povyshennoy prokhodimosti [Walking bearing for vehicles terrain]. Patent RF No. 2207583, 2003.
16. Chernyshev V.V. Arykantsev V.V. MAK-1 – podvodnyy shagayushchiy robot [MAC-1 – underwater walking robot ], Robototekhnika i tekhnicheskaya kibernetika [Robotics and Technical Cybernetics], 2015, No. 2, pp. 45-50.
17. Chernyshev V.V. Modelirovanie dinamiki shagayushchey mashiny s tsiklovymi dvizhitelyami kak sistemy tverdykh tel s uprugodissipativnymi svyazyami [Modeling the dynamics of a walking machine with cyclic walking propellers as a system of rigid bodies with links provocatively], Izvestiya VolgGTU. Seriya "Aktual'nye problemy upravleniya, vychislitel'noy tekhniki i informatiki v tekhnicheskikh sistemakh" [Izvestiya of the Volgograd state technical University. Series: Actual problems of control, computer science and Informatics in technical systems], 2010, No. 11, pp. 32-35.
18. Chernyshev V.V., Briskin E.S., Zhoga V.V., Maloletov A.V., Sharonov N.G. Modeling of the Dynamics of the Walking Machine with the Cyclic Propulsors as System Solids with Elastic and Damping Relations, The 3rd Joint Int. Conf. on Multibody System Dynamics. The 7th Asian Conference on Multibody Dynamics, Busan (Korea), 2014, 9 p. (pdf). Available at: http://imsd-acmd2014.ksme.or.kr/.
19. Briskin E.S., Chernyshev V.V., Frolova N.E. O pozitsionnoy zavisimosti tyagovo-stsepnykh svoystv shagayushchikh mashin s tsiklovymi dvizhitelyami [About positional dependence of traction properties of walking machines with cyclic walking propellers], Traktory i sel'khozmashiny [Tractors and Agricultural Machinery], 2009, No. 6, pp. 21-25.
20. Gus'kov V.V., Velev N.N., Atamanov Yu.E. i dr. Traktory: Teoriya [Tractors: Theory]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1988, 376 p.
21. Zabavnikov N.A. Osnovy teorii transportnykh gusenichnykh mashin [Fundamentals of the theory of tracked vehicle]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1975, 448 p.