|Article title||GEOMETRY PARAMETERS OF FREQUENCY SELECTIVE SCREENS OPTIMIZATION|
|Authors||V.A. Obukhovets, A.V. Barna|
|Section||SECTION II. MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF PHYSICAL PROCESSES AND DEVICES|
|Month, Year||11, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||The procedure of frequency selective screens synthesis is the aim of the paper. The initial condition is the requirement to the shape of scattering matrix elements frequency dependences. As the synthesized parameters there are used geometric dimensions that define shape of the screen periodic array. It is noted that the success, quality and speed of solving the synthesis problem (calculation of optimized set of screen parameters) is substantially determined by specifying the initial approximation. To determine the correct choice of the initial approximation there were made a considerable number of preliminary computational experiments allowed to offer the most convenient configuration of the screen Floquet cell and identify "most sensitive" geometric parameters of the screen, which values selection is implemented in the optimization process. It is shown that while frequency characteristics optimization it’s more appropriate to use so called interpolation synthesis technique with applying one of the known optimization procedure. Several examples demonstrated that for practical applications is sufficient to put the values of the frequency characteristics in limited number of controlled points. Questions of constructing the objective function of the problem optimization and methods of setting system restrictions on the desired solution. It’s recommended to fix a number of parameters, for example, the values of dielectric constant and thickness of the layers, and to determine characteristic geometric dimensions, which define the configuration of the screen element in the periodic array. Synthesis problems results for several types of frequency selective screens, each of them represents itself as three-layer system of periodic lattices square patch with rectangular shape and (or ) cruciform recesses. There are shown the initial values of the parameters to be optimized and the corresponding frequency response. Minimizing procedure of the objective function is made by one of genetic algorithm methods. The results of optimization problem solution are presented as a set of parameters and display the synthesized frequency characteristics. There was made an experimental verification of laboratory model of frequency selective screen, built on the results of the theoretical problem solution. A comparison of results of calculations and experiments are discussed.|
|Keywords||Frequency-selective; synthesis; optimization; periodic array; microstrip element; the objective function.|
|References||1. Kravchenko V.F., Sirenko Yu.K., Sirenko K.Yu. Preobrazovanie i izluchenie elektromagnitnykh voln otkrytymi rezonansnymi strukturami [The transformation and radiation of electromagnetic waves open resonant structures]. Moscow: Fizmatlit. 2011, 317 p.
2. Kas'yanov A.O., Obukhovets V.A. Chastotno-izbiratel'nye poverkhnosti. Osnovnye oblasti primeneniya [Frequency-selective surface. Main applications], Antenny [Antennas], 2005, No. 9, pp. 4-12.
3. Mittra Raj, Pelletti Chiara. Challenges in designing frequency selective surfaces to yield wide-angle response over a wide frequency band, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium Abstracts, Guangzhou, China, 2014, pp. 1230.
4. Rubin B.J. Scattering from a periodic array of apertures or plates where conductors have arbitrary shape, thickness, and resistivity, IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, 1986, Vol. 34, No. 11.
5. Ranga Yogesh, Matekovits Ladislau, Weily Andrew R., Karu P. A constant gain ultra-wideband antenna with a multi-layer frequency selective Surface, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, 2013, Vol. 38, pp. 119-125.
6. Behdad Nader, Al-Joumayly Mudar, Salehi Mohsen. A low-profile third-order bandpass frequency selective surface, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 2009, Vol. 57, No. 2, pp. 460-466.
7. Ranga Yogesh, Matekovits StuLadislau, Karu P. Esselle, Weily Andrew R. Multioctave frequency selective surface reflector for ultrawideband antennas, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 2011, Vol. 10, pp. 219-222.
8. Baisakhiya Sanjay, Sivasamy Ramprabhu, Kanagasabai Malathi, Periaswamy Malathi. Novel compact UWB frequency selective surface for angular and polarization independent operation, Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, 2013, Vol. 40, pp. 71-79.
9. Li Yuqing, Pei Zhiping, Qu Shaobo, Xu Zhuo, Wang Jiafu, Zhou Hang, Gu Chao, Yu Fei. The design of a broad band third-order frequency-selective surfaces, PIERS Proceedings, Suzhou, China, September 12, 2011, pp. 476-479.
10. Zhou H., Qu S.-B., Wang J.-F., Lin B.-Q., Ma H., Xu Z., Bai P., Peng W.-D. Ultra-wideband frequency selective surface, Electronics Letters, 2012, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp. 37-44.
11. Zhang J. C., Yin Y. Z., Ma J. P. Frequency selective surfaces with fractal four legged elements, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, 2009, Vol. 8, pp. 1-8.
12. Rubin B. J. General solution for propagation, radiation and scattering in arbitrary 3D inhomogeneous structures, IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, 1992, Vol. 34, No. 1.
13. Kas'yanov A.O., Obukhovets V.A. Razrabotka mikropoloskovykh otrazhatel'nykh antennykh reshetok dlya fokusirovki i polyarizatsionnoy fil'tratsii na SVCh [Development of reflective microstrip antenna arrays for focusing and polarization filtering at microwave frequencies], Uspekhi sovremennoy radioelektroniki [Achievements of Modern Radioelectronics], 2006, No. 4, pp. 27-33.
14. Sercu Jeannick, Fache Niels, Libbercht Franck, De Zutter Daniel. Full wave space-domain of open microstrip discontinuities including the singular–current–edge behavior, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., 1993, Vol. 41, No. 9.
15. Zagorovskiy V.I., Kas'yanov A.O., Obukhovets V.A. Elektrodinamicheskiy analiz mnogosloynykh mikropoloskovykh otrazhatel'nykh antennykh reshetok [Electrodynamic analysis of multi-layer reflective microstrip antenna arrays], Antenny [Antennas], 2002, Issue 4 (59), pp. 4-11.
16. Espelid T.O., Overholt K.J. An algorithm for automatic integration of infinite oscillating tails, Num. Algorithms, 1994, Vol. 8, pp. 83-101.
17. Bakhrakh L.D. i dr. Sintez izluchayushchikh system [Synthesis of radiating systems]. Moscow: Sov. radio, 1974, 230 p.
18. Hasegawa T., Tori T. An automatic integration of oscillatory functions by the Chebyshev series expansion, J. Computer Appl. Math., 1987, Vol. 17, pp. 21-29.
19. Khimmel'blau D. Prikladnoe nelineynoe programmirovanie [Applied nonlinear programming]: Translation from English, Ed. by M.L. Bykhovskogo. Moscow: Mir, 1975, 534 p.
20. Johnson J. Michael, Rahmat-Samii Yahya. Genetic algorithms in engineering electromagnetics, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 1997, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 7-21.
21. Bankov S.E., Guttsayt E.M., Kurushin A.A. Reshenie opticheskikh i SVCh zadach s pomoshch'yu HFSS [The solution of optical and microwave problems using HFSS]. Moscow: Orkada, 2012, 240 p.
22. Obukhovets V.A. Raschet poley fazirovannykh antennykh reshetok s mnogosloynym ukrytiem [The calculation of the fields of phased arrays with a multi-layer cover], Antenny [Antennas], 2015, No. 8, pp. 20-25.