|Article title||THE CHOICE OF OPTIMAL STEP OF SCANNING IN A SPIRAL DURING AUTOMATED ULTRASONIC CONTROL OF PIPES ON PJSC «TAGMET»|
|Authors||A.N. Ivanov, V.I. Timoshenko|
|Section||SECTION I. ACOUSTICS AND HYDROACOUSTICS|
|Month, Year||12, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||This article describes the immersion method of ultrasonic seamless pipes longitudinal scan transverse waves propagating in the wall of the the curves are perpendicular. The method of analytical calculation of step scanning with a given ratio width of the overlap area during scanning, the width of the piezoelectric transducer and the flux density of the probing pulse. The width of the Converter is defined and calculated through-beam ultrasonic vibrations from the transducer to the defect in the pipe. Optimized the step size of scanning and set the maximum performance of a control line. Proper selection of the ratios of the width of the piezoelectric transducer, the width of the zone of overlap during scanning and the size of the minimum defect to better adjust the sensitivity of the transducers, and to improve the reliability of control, reaching higher market performance and correspond to modern international requirements and standards. For high reliability used updated calculation step and the scanning speed, as a function of the length of the transducer, the length of the artificial defect and the flux density of the probe pulse, which allows to optimize the magnitude of these parameters and set the maximum performance of a control line. It was revealed that the size of a step of scanning the surface of the pipe depends on the pipe diameter and the angle of turn of the wheels of the roller conveyor, where the increase in pipe diameter or angle of turn of the wheels of the roller conveyor, the step of scanning is increased. Considered that the motion of the pipe with an artificial reflector (scored) possible different situations of intersection of the fields of the piezoelectric transducer. The computed step size and the length of the intersection line field transmitter, as well as the conditions of complete penetration risks in the field Converter. Shows the reach of pipe ultrasonic testing using an eight-channel cassette with piezoelectric transducers with a length of 12.5mm. each, in the amount of eight pieces. The step size of the effective scanning width of the beam of ultrasonic field sensor that is equal to the distance above the surface of the pipe between the provisions of the transducer at which the echo signal from a given minimal control of the reflector is reduced to a fixed level amplitude triggering the defect. Shows the scan of the pipe and the ultrasonic wave in the metal. Defined width Converter circuit and the angle of the ultrasonic wave from water into steel during the control immersion. The conditions for the optimal detection of defects located throughout the section of the pipe, the through-beam ultrasonic vibrations from the transducer to the defect in the pipe and what is required under these conditions, the frequency and amplitude of pulse repetition. Selected calculation of reliable detection, the minimum control in a controlled reflector tube for maximum performance control. In the control tubes important parameters are the ratio of the width of the zone of overlap during scanning, the width of the piezoelectric transducer and the flux density of the probing pulses. The magnitude of the scan step is determined by the Converter parameters, the minimum allowable size of the defect and characteristics of the transport system installation ensuring 100 % coverage of the surface of the testing pipe.|
|Keywords||Ultrasonic inspection of tubes; piezoelectric transducers; scanning pitch; an artificial defect.|
|References||1. Standart ANSI/API Specification SDP/ISO 11961: Trebovaniya k buril'nym trubam, 2008 [ANSI/API Specification SDP/ISO 11961: Requirements for drill pipes, 2008].
2. Rinkevich A.B., Smorodinskiy Ya.G. Analiz parametrov i tekhnicheskikh kharakteristik sovremennykh ul'trazvukovykh defektoskopov obshchego naznacheniya [Analysis of parameters and technical characteristics of the modern ultrasonic flaw detectors for General use], Defektoskopiya [Defectoscopy], 2002, No. 9.
3. Mul'chin V.V., Fartushnyy R.N., Yasaev R.A., Koz'ev V.G. i dr. Sposob avtomatizirovannogo nerazrushayushchego kontrolya kachestva trub i ustroystvo dlya ego osushchestvleniya [Method of automated non-destructive quality control of pipes and device for its implementation]. Patent RF №2351925. Bul. No. 10, 2009.
4. Nerazrushayushchie ispytaniya: spravochnik [Non-destructive control: guide]. Book 2, Ed. by R. MAK-MASTERA. Moscow: Izd-vo «Energiya», 1965, 504 p.
5. Krautkremer Y., Krautkremer G. Ul'trazvukovoy kontrol' metallov: spravochnik [Ultrasonic inspection of metals": guide]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1991, 752 p.
6. Shrayber D.S. Ul'trazvukovaya defektoskopiya [Ultrasonic testing]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1965, 416 p.
7. Nerazrushayushchiy kontrol' i diagnostika: spravochnik [Nondestructive testing and diagnostics: guide], Ed. by V.V. Klyueva. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2003.
8. Ermolov I.N., Lange Yu.V. Ul'trazvukovoy kontrol' [Ultrasonic testing]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2004, 864 p.
9. GOST 17410-78. Kontrol' nerazrushayushchiy. Truby metallicheskie besshovnye tsilindricheskie. Metody ul'trazvukovoy defektoskopii. [State Standard 17410-78. The
non-destructive control. The seamless cylindrical metal pipes. Methods of ultrasonic flaw detection].
10. Shcherbinskiy V.G., Samedov Ya.Yu., Artem'ev S.A. Avtomatizirovannye ustanovki dlya kontrolya prokatnykh vlkov [Automated setting for control of rolling vlkov], Defektoskopiya [Defectoscopy], 2004, No. 6.
11. Vybornov B.I. Ul'trazvukovaya defektoskopiya [Ultrasonic testing]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1985, 256 p.
12. Lange Yu.V., Voronkov V.A. Kontrol' nerazrushayushchiy akusticheskiy. Terminy i opredeleniya: spravochnik [Acoustic non-destructive control. Terms and definitions: guide]. 2nd ed. Moscow, 2003.
13. Ermolov I.N., Ermolov M.I. Ul'trazvukovoy kontrol': uchebnik dlya spetsialistov 1 i 2 urovney kvalifikatsii [Ultrasonic control. Tutorial for experts 1 and 2 skill levels]. 5tn ed. Moscow, 2003.
14. Ermolov I.N., Aleshin N.P., Potapov A.I. Nerazrushayushchiy kontrol'. Kn. 2. Akusticheskie metody kontrolya [Non-Destructive control. Book 2. Acoustic methods of control]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1991, 283 p.
15. Ul'trazvukovye preobrazovateli dlya nerazrushayushchego kontrolya [Ultrasonic transducers for nondestructive control], Ed. by I.N. Ermolova. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1986, 280 p.
16. Teoriya i praktika ul'trazvukovogo kontrolya [Theory and practice of ultrasonic control], Ed. by I.N. Ermolova. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1981, 240 p.
17. Ermolov I.N., Lange Yu.V. Nerazrushayushchiy kontrol': cpravochnik [Non-Destructive control: guide], Ed. by V.V. Klyueva. Vol. 3. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2004, 864 p.
18. Ermolov I.N., Vopilkin A.Kh., Badalyan V.G. Raschety v ul'trazvukovoy defektoskopii (kratkiy spravochnik) [Calculations in ultrasonic flaw detection (a brief guide)]. Moscow: OOO "NPTs "Ekho+", 2004.
19. Troitskiy V.A. Ul'trazvukovoy kontrol'. Defektoskopy, normativnye dokumenty, standarty po UZK [Ultrasonic control. Flaw, regulations, standards UT]. Kiev: Izd-vo «Feniks», 2006, 224 p.
20. Golyamina I.P. Ul'trazvuk. Malen'kaya entsiklopediya [Ultrasound. A small encyclopedia]. Moscow: Izd-vo «Sovetskaya entsiklopediya», 1979, 400 p.