|Article title||POSSIBILITY OF DETERMINATION OF SOUND VELOCITY VARIATION THE IN WATER-SATURATED SEDIMENTS BY VERTICAL SONAR SENSING|
|Authors||V.I. Kaevitser, S.P. Tarasov, A.I. Zakharov, I.V. Smolyaninov, G.V. Soldatov|
|Section||SECTION I. ACOUSTICS AND HYDROACOUSTICS|
|Month, Year||12, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||The possibilities of remote sensing of bottom soil and water layer variations and direct measurements their acoustic properties in phase analysis of echo signals of sounders and profilers with highly directional radiation in vertical acoustic sounding scheme are discussed and respective techniques are proposed. It will allow to receive qualitatively new information on not uniformity of water and ground soil and possibility of their more exact classification. The order of receiving distribution of the reflected sonic depth finder signal on delay is considered. The difference of phases of signals of the next counting is determined by distinction in time of delay of signals. Communication of a difference of phases of signals of the next counting with sound speed in a non-uniform layer is revealed. It is considered application of the described method for obtaining one more classification characteristic - definition of possible dispersion of speed of a sound in ground deposits. For realization of the offered method it is necessary to create a special two- frequency signal. The algorithm of separate processing of echo signals from the lower and top half of a range of the radiated signal LChM was applied to experimental realization of coherent two frequency soundings of a bottom. Experimental results of application of the developed techniques for remote definition of changes of speed of a sound in water and ground deposits are given. For research of informational content of phase characteristics of echo signals of a profilograf at classification of ground deposits distribution on range of an increment of a difference of phases of signals separately for "low-frequency" and "high-frequency" range was analysed. Information on attack on delay (derivative) difference of phases between echo signals on the acoustic images received when using "high-frequency" and "low-frequency" components of the probing signal is received. The received results indicate nonrandom character of the measured sizes, they open possibility of formation by means of statistical processing of new steady signs for remote classification of ground deposits. Experimental for research of variations of speed of a sound in a near-surface sheet of water high-quality coincidence of changes of speed of a sound by the offered technique with measurements of speed of a sound by means of the specialized submersible device which is carrying out measurements in the contact way allowed to reveal applications of phase methods. The directions of further researches for realization of the developed techniques in essentially new perspective measuring systems of remote sensing of the water environment and ground deposits are planned.|
|Keywords||Acoustic remote sensing; classification of probing media; echo sounders; sonar profilers; chirp modulation; digital echo signals processing; phase analysis of echo signals.|
|References||1. Kutsenko A.N., Slutskiy D.S. K voprosu o klassifikatsii donnykh osadkov v tselyakh ekologicheskogo monitoringa pribrezhnykh akvatoriy [The question of bottom sediments classification to ecological monitoring of shoaling water], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2009, No. 6 (95), pp. 96-103.
2. Morskaya seysmorazvedka [Marine Seismic], Ed. by A.N. Telegina. Moscow: OOO «Geoinformmark», 2004, 237 p.
3. Boganik G.N., Gurvich I.I. Seysmorazvedka: Uchebnik dlya vuzov [Seismic: A Textbook for high schools]. Tver': Izd-vo AIS, 2006, 744 p.
4. Akustika morskikh osadkov [Acoustics marine sediments], Ed. by L. Khemptona. Moscow: Mir, 1977, 533 p.
5. Kley K., Medvin G. Akusticheskaya okeanografiya [Acoustic oceanography], Ed. by Yu.Yu. Zhitkovskogo. Moscow: Mir, 1980, 580 p.
6. Akustika dna okeana [The acoustics of the ocean floor], Ed. by A. Kupermana. Moscow: Mir, 1984, 454 p.
7. Khmelevskoy V.K., Gorbachev Yu.I., Kalinin A.V., Popov M.G., Seliverstov N.I., Shevnin V.A. Geofizicheskie metody issledovaniy [Geophysical research methods]. Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy: Izd-vo KGPU, 2004, 232 p.
8. Orlenok V.V. Morskaya seysmoakustika: ucheb. Posobie [Marine Seismic Acoustics: tutorial]. Kaliningrad, 1997, 150 p.
9. Gowski J.Te., Łubniewski Z. Seabed Characterization Using Spectral Moments of the Echo Signal. Acoustica, Acta Acoustica, 2002, Vol. 88, pp. 623-626.
10. Atallah L., P.J. Probert Smith. Using Wavelet Analvsis to Classify and Segment Sonar Sig nals Scattered from Underwater Sea Beds, Acta Acoustica, 2002, Vol. 88, pp. 615-619.
11. Soldatov G.V., Tarasov S.P., Pivnev P.P. Metody opredeleniya akusticheskikh svoystv i struktury morskogo dna s ispol'zovaniem parametricheskoy antenny [Methods for determination of acoustic properties and seabed structure using parametric array], Trudy XI Vserossiyskoy konferentsii «Prikladnye tekhnologii gidroakustiki i gidrofiziki» [Proceedings of
the XI All-Russian Conference "Applied Technology hydroacoustic and hydrophysical"]. St. Petersburg: Nauka, 2012, pp. 416-419.
12. Soldatov G.V. Opredelenie parametrov donnykh osadkov distantsionnymi metodami v tselyakh ekologicheskogo monitoringa [Defining the parameters of sediments remote sensing for environmental monitoring], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 9 (95), pp. 88-93.
13. Voronin V.A., Kuznetsov V.P., Mordvinov B.G., Tarasov S.P., Timoshenko V.I. Nelineynye i parametricheskie protsessy v akustike okeana [Nonlinear and parametric processes in the ocean acoustics]. Rostov-on-Don: Rostizdat, 2007, 448 p.
14. Voronin V.A., Tarasov S.P., Timoshenko V.I. Gidroakusticheskie parametricheskie sistemy [Sonar parametric system]. Rostov-on-Don: Rostizdat, 2004, 400 p.
15. Kuznetsov V.P. Nelineynaya akustika v okeanologii [Nonlinear acoustics in oceanography]. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2010, 264 p.
16. Novikov B.K., Rudenko O.V., Timoshenko V.I. Nelineynaya gidroakustika [Nonlinear sonar]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1981, 264 p.
17. Novikov B.K., Timoshenko V.I. Parametricheskie antenny v gidrolokatsii [Parametric antenna sonar]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1990, 235 p.
18. Kirichenko A.I., Pivnev P.P., Chaus T.A. Antenna nakachki parametricheskogo izluchatelya nizkochastotnogo profilografa. Radiolokatsionnye sistemy spetsial'nogo i grazhdanskogo
naznacheniya. 2010-2012 [Antenna parametric radiator subwoofer profiler. Radar systems special and civil purposes. 2010-2012], Ed. by Yu.I. Belogo. Moscow: Radiotekhnika, 2011, 920 p.
19. Esipov I.B., Popov O.E., Voronin V.A., Tarasov S.P. Dispersiya signala parametricheskoy antenny v melkom more [Dispersiya parametric antenna signal in a shallow more], Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Acoustical Physics], 2009, No. 1, pp. 56-61.
20. Gulyaev Yu.V., Zakharov A.I., Kaevitser V.I. Distantsionnye izmereniya variatsiy skorosti zvuka v donnykh otlozheniyakh po dannym akusticheskogo profilirovaniya [Remote measurement of variations of the sound velocity in the sediments according to the acoustic profiling], Doklady Akademii Nauk [Doklady Akademii Nauk], 2007, Vol. 413, No. 2, pp. 207-210.
21. Mikushin I.I., Seravin G.N. Metody i sredstva izmereniya skorosti zvuka v more [Methods and means of measuring the speed of sound in the sea]. St. Petersburg: Sudostroenie, 2012, 224 p.