|Article title||INVESTIGATION OF ELECTROPHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF SIO2SNOX–CNT GASSENSITIVE MATERIAL|
|Authors||V.V. Petrov, M.Z. Nadda, K.K. Arutyunov, V.A. Mangashov|
|Section||SECTION II. NANOTECHNOLOGY, MICROELECTRONICS AND MICROELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT|
|Month, Year||12, 2015 @en|
|Abstract||Films of nanocomposite material of structure on the basis of oxides of silicon (SiO2), oxides of tin (SnOx) and carbon nanotubes (СNT) are created. Films were received zol-gel by method from spirit solutions on the basis of a etraetoksisilan (TEOS), chloride of tin and UNT with various ratio of TEOS/СNT and Sn/СNT on weight. Carbon nanotubes thus were modified by carboxyl groups – СOOH. Films were formed on the oxidized plates of silicon and on the basis of the created films test structures for research of electrophysical and gas-sensitive properties were made. By means of electrophysical researches it is established that the received films of structure of SiO2SnOx–CNT, possess semiconductor properties. Width of the forbidden zone calculated from temperature dependences of provodimost depended on Sn/CNT ratio in solution. At a certain ratio of Sn/CNT in solution equal 163,8 films of gas-sensitive material of structure of SiO2SnOx –CNT possessing the smallest values of width of the forbidden zone Eg = (0,6–0,63) эВ are formed of it. Research of gas-sensitive properties showed that films are sensitive to nitrogen dioxide with concentration of 10–250 ppm at temperatures of relatives to the room. The maximum value of gas-sensitivity at a temperature 50oС samples of films of structure of SiO2SnOx–CNT created from TEOS solutions with big concentration of UNT and chloride of tin (IV) with the mass relation of Sn/CNT equal 163.8, having the smallest value of width of the forbidden zone possess. The increase in the quantitative content of compounds of tin in the TEOS initial solution to some value of which films of gas-sensitive material are formed further, leads to reduction of width at it the forbidden zone, time of a response and time of restoration.|
|Keywords||Gas sensitive material; nanocomposite material; sol-gel method; carbon nanotubes; tin oxide; gas sensitive properties.|
|References||1. Nanotekhnologii v elektronike [Nanotechnologies in electronics], Ed. by Yu.A. Chaplygina. Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2005, 448 p.
2. Sayago I., Terrado E., Horrillio M.C. Single-walled carbon nanotube networks as gas sensors for NO2 detection, Proceeding Eurosensors XIX, Barcelona 2005, pp. 25-38.
3. Ionescu R., Espinosa E.H. MWCNT with gold and silver nanoclasters for room temperature gas sensing, Proceeding Eurosensors XIX, Barcelona 2005, pp. 20-23.
4. Espinosa E.H., Ionescu R., Chambon B. and oth. Low temperature gas detection with hybrid metal oxides/MWCNTs, Proceeding EurosensorsХХ. Gцteborg, Sweden. 17-20 September 2006. M3A-P10.
5. Ionescu R., Espinosa E.H., Leghrib R., and oth. Novel hybrid materials for gas sensing applications made of metal-decorated MWCNTs dispersed on nano-particle metal oxides, Sensors and Actuators B, 2008, Vol. 131, pp. 174-182.
6. Woo-Sung C., Seung Moona. Patterned multiwall carbon nanotube films as materials of NO2 gas sensors, Sensors and Actuators, 2005, pp. 10-23.
7. Sayago I., Aleixandre M., Horrillo M.C. Novel selective sensors based on carbon nanotube films for hydrogen detection, Proceeding Eurosensors XIX, Barcelona 2005, pp. 34-44.
8. Jianwei Gong, Jianren Sun, Quanfang Chen. Micromachined sol–gel carbon nanotube/SnO2 nanocomposite hydrogen sensor, Sensors and Actuators B, 2008, Vol. 130, pp. 829-835.
9. Nguyen Van Duy, Nguyen Van Hieu, Pham Thanh Huy and oth. Mixed SnO2/TiO2 included with carbon nanotubes for gas-sensing application, Physica E, 2008, Vol. 41, pp. 258-263.
10. Yan-Li Liu, Hai-Feng Yang, Yu Yang, Zhi-Min Liu, Guo-Li Shen, Ru-Qin Yu Gas sensing properties of tin dioxide coated onto multi-walled carbon nanotubes, Thin Solid Films, 2006, Vol. 497, pp. 355-360.
11. Ionescu R., Espinosa E.H., Sotter E. and oth. Oxygen functionalisation of MWNT and their use as gas sensitive thick-film layers, Sensors and Actuators, 2005, Vol. 113, pp. 36-46.
12. Li Niu, Yanling Luo, Zhanqing Li. A highly selective chemical gas sensor based on functionalization of multi-walled carbon nanotubes with poly(ethylene glycol), Sensors and Actuators B, 2007, Vol. 126, pp. 361-367.
13. Nguyen Van Hieua, Nguyen Quoc Dunga, Phuong Dinh Tamb and oth. Thin film polypyrrole/SWCNTs nanocomposites-based NH3 sensor operated at room temperature, Sensors and Actuators B, 2009, Vol. 140, pp. 500-507.
14. Kharat H.J., Kakde K.P., Savale P.A., Kan doth., Synthesis of polypyrrole films for the development of ammonia sensor, Polym. Adv. Technol., 2007, Vol. 18, pp. 397-402.
15. Bekyarova E., Davis M., Burch T., and oth. Chemically functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes as ammonia sensors, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2004, No. 108, pp. 19717–19720.
16. Hernandez S.C., Chaudhuri D., Chen W., Myung N.V., Mulchandani A. Single polypyrrole nanowire ammonia gas sensor, Electroanalysis, 2007, Vol. 19, pp. 2125-2130.
17. Kong J., Franklin N.R., Zhou C. and oth. Nanotube molecular wires as chemical sensors, Science, 2000, Vol. 287, pp. 622-625.
18. Petrov V.V., Korolev A.N. Nanorazmernye oksidnye materialy dlya sensorov gazov [Nanodimensional oxidic materials for sensors of gases]. Taganrog: Izd-vo TTI YuFU, 2008, 154 p.
19. Nadda M.Z., Petrov V.V., Shikhabudinov A.M. Issledovanie svoystv nanokompozitnogo materiala dlya vysokochuvstvitel'nykh sensorov dioksida azota [Research of properties of nanocomposite material for highly sensitive sensors of dioxide of nitrogen], Inzhenernyy vestnik Dona [Engineering journal of Don], 2012, No. 4, Part 2.
20. Petrov V.V., Plugotarenko N.K., Korolev A.N., Nazarova T.N. Tekhnologiya formirovaniya nanokompozitnykh materialov zol'-gel' metodom [Technology of formation of nanocomposite materials zol-gel by method]. Taganrog: Izd-vo TTI YuFU, 2011, 156 p.
21. Yalovega G.E., Shmatko V.A., Nazarova T.N., Petrov V.V., Zabluda O.V. Issledovanie fazovogo sostava nanokompozitnykh materialov SiO2CuOx, metodami rentgenovskoy spektroskopii pogloshcheniya i fotoelektronnoy spektroskopii [Research of phase composition of the nanocomposite materials SiO2CuOx by methods of x-ray spectroscopy of absorption
and photoelectronic spectroscopy], Izvestiya VUZov. Materialy elektronnoy tekhniki [Izvestiya vuzov. Materials of Electronics Engineering], 2010, No. 4, pp. 31-35.
22. Petrov V.V., Plugotarenco N.K., Nazarova T.N., Korolev A.N. Preparation of Sols from Water–Alcohol Solutions of Tetraethyl Orthosilicate and SnCl4 and the Effect of Sol Composition on the Surface Morphology of Sol–Gel Films, Inorganic Materials, 2007, Vol. 43, No. 9, pp. 1010-1014.