|Article title||DISTRIBUTED INTELLECTUAL CONTROL SYSTEM FOR THE GROUP OF UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES: ARCHITECTURE & SOFTWARE AND MATHEMATICAL SUPPORT|
|Authors||V.N. Evdokimenkov, M.N. Krasilshchikov, G.G. Sebrjakov|
|Section||SECTION I. UNMANNED AERIAL SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||01, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||The paper contains description of intellectual control system both architecture and algorithms applying to shock & intelligence groups of unmanned flying vehicles (UAV). The system mentioned unites on-board and out-board components. The main attention is paid to development of out-board component algorithms, based on advanced approaches, which depend on various groups operation scenarios, data exchange requirements as well as on specific features of formal scheduling procedures. Nowadays the following approaches are considered as most useful for pre-flight group mission scheduling: mathematical programming, Petri networks, Voronoi’s diagram and Delanay triangulation. The paper presents original author’s results, in particular, specific method of pre-flight mission scheduling, which updates known ones, based on Delanay triangulation. Besides, paper also presents algorithms of both tactical situations recognition and decision making, which are implemented as on-board system component. These algorithms include two groups, namely: 1) algorithms, based on artificial intellect; 2) algorithms, based on mathematical models and optimization procedures. The last group of algorithms is presented more detailed in paper. The example such algorithm utilization considers unmanned vehicle group flight control algorithm, based on traditional PID-regulator.|
|Keywords||Unmanned flight vehicle; intellectual control system; mission planning algorithms; tactical situation recognizing algorithms.|
|References||1. Schumacher C., Chandler P., Pachter M., Pachter L.S. UAV task assignment with timing constraints, AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, August, Austin, Texas, 2003, AIAA 2003-5664.
2. Schumacher C., Chandler P.R., Rasmussen S.J., Walker D. Task allocation for wide area search munitions with variable path length, Proc. of the American Control Conference, June, Denver, Colorado, 2003, pp. 3472-3477.
3. Chandler P., Pachter M., Rasmussen S.J., Schumacher C. Distributed control for multiple UAVs with strongle coupled tasks, AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, August, Austin, Texas, 2003, AIAA 2003-5799.
4. Mitchell J.W., Chandler P., Pachter M., Rasmussen S.J. Communication delays in the cooperative control of wide area search munitions via iterative network flow, AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, August, Austin, Texas, 2003, AIAA 2003-5665.
5. Curtis J.W. and Murphey R. Simultaneaous area search and task assignment for a team of cooperative agents, AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, August, Austin, Texas, 2003, AIAA 2003-5584.
6. Turra D., Pollini L., Innocenti M. Real-time unmanned vehicles task allocation with moving targets, AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, August, Providence, Rhode Island, 2004, AIAA 2004-5253.
7. Rajnarayan G. and Ghose D. Multiple agent team theoretic decision-making for searching unknown environments // Proc. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Maui, Hawaii. December 2003, pp. 2543-2548.
8. Rusmevichientong P. and Van Roy B. Decentralized decision-making in a large team with local information, Games and Economic Behavior, 2003, Vol. 43:2, pp. 266-295.
9. Jia Zeng, Xiaoke Yang, Lingyu Yang, and Gongzhang Shen. Modeling for UAV resource scheduling under mission synchronization, Journal of Systems Engineering and Electronics, October 2010, Vol. 21, No. 5.
10. Chanthery E., Barbier M. and Farges J.L. (2004a). Integration of mission planning and scheduling for unmanned aerial vehicles. In: ECAI’04 - Workshop on ”Planning and Scheduling: Bridging Theory to Practice”. Valencia, Spain.
11. Chanthery E., Barbier M. and Farges J.L. (2004b). Mission planning for autonomous aerial vehicles. In: IAV2004 - 5th IFAC Symposium on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles.
12. Chanthery E. and Barbier M. Functional modules for intermixed planning and execution of an observation mission // in Proceedings of the 18th Bristol UAV Systems Conference, April 2003.
13. Chanthery E., Barbier M., and Farges J.L. Mission planning for autonomous aerial vehicles // in IAV2004 - 5th IFAC Symposium on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles, 2004.
14. Frank J. and Kurklu E. Sofia’s choice: Scheduling observations for an airborne observatory // in Proceedings of the 13Th International Conference on Automated Planning & Scheduling, 2003.
15. Lemai S. and Ingrand F. Interleaving temporal planning and execution: Ixtet-exec, in ICAPS 03 Workshop on Plan Execution, 2003.
16. Murata T. Petri nets: properties, analysis and applications, in IEEE, No. 77 (4), pp. 541-580.
DCSD ONERA. Available at: http://www.cert.fr/dcsd/cd/procosa.
17. Kamrani, Farzad & Lozano, Marianela Garcia & Ayani, Rassul. Path planning for UAVs using symbiotic simulation, Proceedings of the 20th annual European Simulation and Modelling Conference, ESM’2006. Toulouse, France. October 2006, pp. 215-238,
18. Winstrand M. Mission Planning and Control of Multiple UAV’s. Scientific Report № FOI-R-1382-SE Swedesh Defence Research Agency, 2004.
19. Rong Zhu, Dong Sun, Zhaoying Zhou. Cooperation Strategy of Unmanned Air Vehicles for Multitarget Interception, Journal Guidance, 2005, Vol. 28, No. 5.
20. Sasiadek J.Z., Duleba I. 3D Local Trajectory Planner for UAV, Journal of Intelligent and Robotics System, 2000, Vol. 29, No 2.
21. Chandler P.R., Pachter M., Rassmussen S. UAV Cooperative Control, Proceedings of American Control Conference, Inst. Of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, 2001.
22. Hoff K.I., Culver T., Keyser J., Lin M.C., Manocha D. Interactive Motion Planning Using Hardware-Accelerated Computation of Generalized Voronoi Diagrams, Proceeding of the 2000 IEEE Transaction on Robotics and Automation. Vol 3, Inst. of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, 2000.
23. Guibas L.J., Knuth D.E., Sharir M. Randomized Incremental Construction of Delanay and Voronoi Diagrams, Algoritmica, 1992, Vol 7, No. 4.
24. Orkin B.D., Orkin S.D. Imitatsionnoe modelirovanie boevogo funktsionirovaniya palubnykh istrebiteley, zenitnykh, raketnykh i artilleriyskikh kompleksov korabel'nykh grupp pri reshenii zadach PVO [Simulation military operation PA-Lubna fighters, anti-aircraft, missile and artillery systems of the ship groups at the decision of tasks of air defense]. Moscow: Izd-vo MAI,
2009, 699 p.
25. Evdokimenkov V.N., Krasil'shchikov M.N., Orkin S.D. Upravlenie smeshannymi gruppami pilotiruemykh i bespilotnykh letatel'nykh apparatov v usloviyakh edinogo informatsionno-upravlyayushchego polya [Management of mixed teams of manned and unmanned aircraft in a single information and control fields]. Moscow: Izd-vo MAI, 2015, 272 p.