|Article title||VISUALIZING OF OF UNMANNED UNDERWATER VEHICLES GROUP SIMULATION MODELING|
|Authors||A.Y. Demin, V.A. Sorokin, I.A. Anfyerov, A.A. Khamuhin|
|Section||SECTION II. MARINE ROBOTICS|
|Month, Year||01, 2016 @en|
|Index UDC||004.92; 519.876.5|
|Abstract||The paper reviews the issues related to the visualization of three-dimensional surface based on the height maps and Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) group simulation modeling in 3D space. In order to construct 3D models we propose to place the polygonal mesh of vertices with the given step over the height map, followed by the model being formed on the basis of obtained 3D array of points. 3D model is built upon using this array, as well as its automatic texturing by analyzing the height of the polygons to increase realism. To simulate the behaviour of AUV groups, a multi-agent approach is proposed and a set of agents’ characteristics, features of its environment and their interactions are developed. As the results in the designed application we describe the modeling process visualization based on Unity-technology. A 3D vector field that defines the undercurrents as well as some other states of the environment is used as the model of the environment. During the simulation, each agent being iterated interacts with the model of the environment, reaching the value of this field at the position of the underwater vehicle. Analyzing the obtained values we take into account the influence of the environment on the movement of the AUV. Besides the native AUVs, some other competing objects can move in the underwater environment in a similar way. It is the aim of AUVs to detect them. Such objects can be launched both from the surface and underwater vehicles, and go through the alignment of some AUVs at different angles and at different speeds. In this case, the purpose of the simulation is to collect statistics on whether it’s possible to detect foreign objects by AUV group in different types of alignment while implementing various missions of individual AUVs. To visualize a single AUV we created a high-polygonal animated 3D model of the underwater vehicle with the specified materials parameters. The 3D model of the underwater vehicle is designed with Blender, the tool for 3D modeling. Sutec designed by the Swedish company was taken as a basis. Mesh Collider and Rigidbody controllers were used to assure some physical properties like the possibility of collision with other objects and terrain, and the effects of gravity. The manual mode provides the ability to control the camera view from a third party, for which the parameter "range" is implemented using GlobalFog shader.|
|Keywords||Three-dimensional visualization; Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV); underwater environment; texturization; multiagent simulation; Unity.|
|References||1. Avtonomnye podvodnye roboty. Sistemy i technologii. [Autonomous underwater robots. Systems and technologies], Pod obsh. red. akad. M.D. Ageeva [Under the general editorship of academician M.D. Ageev]: Moscow: Nauka, 2005, 398 p.
2. Kiselev L.V. Kod glubiny [Depth code], Valdivistok: Dalnauka, 2011, 332 p.
3. Smirnov G.V., Ermeev V.N., Ageev M.D., Korotaev G.K., Yastrebov V.S., Motyzhev S.V. Okeanologiya. Sredstva I metody okeanologicheskih issledovanii [Oceanology. Means and methods of oceanographic research]. Moscow: Nauka, 2005, 795 p.
4. Underwater vehicles, Ed. by Aleksander V. Inzartsev. Austria, 2009. 582 p.
5. Matvienko Y.V., Kostenko V.V., Boreiki A.A. Razrabotka podvodnogo robotizirovannogo kompleksa «Galtel» [Development of underwater robotic complex «Galtel»], Materialy 6-y nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Tekhnicheskie problemy osvoeniya Mirovogo okeana» (TPOMO-6) Vladivostok. 28 sentyabrya – 2 oktyabrya 2015 g. [Proceedings of the 6th Scientific and Technical Conference "Technical problems of the World Ocean" Vladivostok. September 28 – October 2, 2015], pp. 4-7.
6. Minaev D.D. Kompleks programmno-apparatnyh sredstv dlya vedeniya morskih inzhenernyh izyskanii pri proektirovanii, stroitelstve I ekspluatacii razlichnyh ob’ektov podvodiy infrastruktury. [The complex of software and hardware for conducting marine engineering surveys for the design, construction and operation of various objects underwater infrastructures],
Materialy 6-y nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Tekhnicheskie problemy osvoeniya Mirovogo okeana» (TPOMO-6) Vladivostok 28 sentyabrya – 2 oktyabrya 2015 [Proceedings of the 6th Scientific and Technical Conference "Technical problems of the World Ocean". Vladivostok. September 28 – October 2, 2015], pp. 32-36.
7. Tehnicheskoe zrenie v sistemakh upravleniya mobilnymi ob’ektami. [Vision Systems in mobile objects control systems], Trudy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii-seminara [Proceedings of the scientific and technical conference-seminar]. Vol. 4, ed. RR Nazirov. Moscow: SAM, 2011, 328 p.
8. Braga Y.A., Zaycev S.A., Kravec M.V., Mshoshin A.I. Reshenie zadachi klassifikatcii obnaruzhennykh ob’ektov pri akusticheskom monitoring vodnykh rayonov [Solution of the problem of classification of objects detected by the acoustic monitoring of water areas],
Izvestiya TRTU [Izvestiya TSURe], 2004, No. 5 (40), pp. 104-109.
9. Berdyshev V.I., Kostousov V.B. Zadachi planirovaniya marshruta dvizhushegosya ob’ekta v usloviyakh nabludeniya [Planning Tasks path of a moving object under observation], Materialy 6-y nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Tekhnicheskie problemy osvoeniya Mirovogo okeana» (TPOMO-6). Vladivostok. 28 sentyabrya – 2 oktyabrya 2015 [Proceedings of the 6th Scientific and Technical Conference "Technical problems of the World Ocean". Vladivostok. September 28 – October 2, 2015], pp. 391-395.
10. Kiselev L.V., Yudakov A.A. Dinamika podvodnogo robota pri traektornom obsledovanii ob’ectov. [The dynamics of an underwater robot with a trajectory examination facilities], Podvodnye roboty i ikh sistemy [Underwater Robots and Systems]. Issue 5. Vladivostok, 1992, pp. 28-50.
11. Kucenko A.S., Egorov S.A., Chernenko K.V., Kruchkov R.S., Inozemcev V.V. Postroenie i otrabotka sistemu upravleniya kompleksa iz dvukh podvodnykh apparatov [Construction and testing of complex control systems of the two underwater vehicles], Materialy 6-y nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Tekhnicheskie problemy osvoeniya Mirovogo okeana» (TPOMO-6). – Vladivostok. – 28 sentyabrya – 2 oktyabrya 2015 g. [Proceedings of the 6th Scientific and Technical Conference "Technical problems of the World Ocean". Vladivostok. September 28 – October 2, 2015], pp. 411- 512.
12. Huang H.M., Hira R., and R. Quintero R. A Submarine Maneuvering System Demonstration based on the NIST Real-Time Control System Reference Model, Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Chicago, IL. 1993, DOI: 10.1109/ISIC.1993.397684.
13. Albus J.S., McCain H.G, and Lumia R. NASA/NBS Standard Reference Model for Telerobot Control System Architecture (NASREM), NIST technical note 1235, 1989 edition.
14. Albus J.S., and Proctor F.G. A Reference Model Architecture for Intelligent Hybrid Control Systems, Proceedings of the Int. Federation of Automatic Control, CA, June 30–July 5, 1996.
15. Skobelev M.M. Razrabotka v MALAB-Simulink modeli vizualizatcii v virtualnoy real’nosti upravlyaemogo prostranstvennogo dvizheniya podvodnogo apparata [Development by MATLAB-Simulink model of visualization in virtual reality of controlled spatial motion of underwater vehicle], Nauka i obrazovanie [Science and education], 2011, Issue No. 10, pp. 1-15.
16. Kotov K.Y. Matematicheskie modeli vzaimodeystviya agentov v kollektivakh. [Mathematical models of the interaction of agents in groups], Materialy VIII shkoly seminara molodykh uchenykh Matematicheskoe modelirovanie i informatsionnye tekhnologii [Materials of the VIII School of young scientists "Mathematical modeling and information technology]." Irkutsk, 2006, pp. 82-86.
17. Smith Т.R., Mann Н.Н., Leonard N.Е. Orientation control of multiple underwater vehicles, In Proc. 40th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, 2001, pp. 4598-4603.
18. Balch Т., Arkiri R.C. Behavior-based formation control for multirobot teams, Robotics and Automation, IEEE Transactions on, 1998, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 926-939.
19. Imitatcionnoe modelirovanie system. Vvedenie v modelirovanie s AnyLogic 5. [Simulation systems. Introduction to modeling with AnyLogic 5]. St. Petersburg: BHV-Petersburg, 2006, 400 p.
20. Fedorenko R.V., Gurenko B.V. Kompleks modelirovaniya dvizenii podvizhnyh ob’ectov na baze vozduhoplavatelnyh I podvodnyh apparatov. [Complex modeling of movement of moving objects on the basis of aeronautical and submersibles], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 3 (116), pp. 180-186.
21. Lapshov V.S. Tehnologii virtualnoy real’nosti dlya boya v gorode s primeneniem nazemnykh mobilnykh robotehnicheskikh compleksov [Virtual Reality Technologies for combat in the city with the use of ground-based mobile robot], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2013, No. 3 (140), pp. 63-69.
22. Ulybin A.V., Arzamascev A.A. Multiagentnyi podhod v imirtacionnom modelirovanii. [Multiagent approach to simulation modeling], Vestnik TSU [Vestnik TSU], 2010, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 1470-1471.
23. Alexandre Santos Lobao. Beginning XNA 2.0 Game Programming: From Novice to Professional. New York: Apress, 2007. 456 p.
24. Khamukhin А.А., Perminov R.I., Yagunov T.A. Numerical simulation of hydroacoustic noise signals detecting by a two stages wavelet transform, Mechanical Engineering, Automation and Control Systems (MEACS) : proceedings of the International Conference, Tomsk, 16-18 October, 2014 / National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU); Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2014, 4 p.
25. Khamukhin A.A. Ustroistvo obnaruzheniya uzkopolostnyh shumovyh gidroakusticheskih signalov na osnove nepreryvnogo veivlet-preobrazovaniya. [Detection device of narrowband noise sonar signals based on continuous wavelet transform], Russian Federation patent number 2510037, Patent holder is National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU), application
№ 2012141615/28; appl. 09/28/12; publ. 03.20.14, Bul. No. 8, 9 p.