|Article title||DESIGN OF THE POSITIONING METHOD OF THE ROBOTIC HOLDER OF LAPAROSCOPE BASING ON COMPUTATIONAL GEOMETRY|
|Authors||V.I. Finaev, E.D. Sinyavskaya, E.A. Shestova, E.Yu. Kosenko|
|Section||SECTION I. TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT AND MODELING|
|Month, Year||02, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||The paper proposes a solution of the problem of positioning of the robotic holder of laparoscope (including the surgical tools) by the minimally invasive operations. As a technical solution, which was developed based on the positioning method used a system of optical triangulation sensors are used to determine the position of the controlled objects. The usage of this type of the sensors based on methods of computational geometry and vector algebra allows to develop a method of positioning a laparoscope and surgical instruments, which leads to determine the position and orientation of objects in space controlled with desired accuracy at any given time. The essential difference between the designed positioning method is the usage of ground control points (labels) located on the laparoscope and surgical instruments in the visible (outer) area, that allows to determine the coordinates of the controlled objects in the abdominal area. The algorithm, which includes the steps of the determination of the position and orientation of the surgical tool and finding the coordinates of singular points, was developed. Usage of the positioning method does not depend on the configuration of the robotic holder and can be applied to all types of robots. Computer modeling was performed in this paper. The results of modeling confirmed the validity of the proposed positioning method. The experimental results of the positioning error values do not exceed the existing standards and indicators on the same research. The fulfilled researches and the obtained results by the design of the positioning method of the robotic holder will allows to solve the task of automatic tracking of surgical instruments and a laparoscope.|
|Keywords||Positioning method; robotic holder; minimally invasive surgery; computational geometry; the system of optical triangulation sensors; reference points; positioning error.|
|References||1. Robotics. Available at: http://robotics.com.ua/shows/series_robots_and_humans/3345-
2. Meditsinskie roboty [Medical robots Available at: http://medrobot.ru/744-pechalnye-oshibki-medicinskih-robotov.html.
3. Robot Surgery, edited by Seung Hyuk Baik, ISBN 978-953-7619-77-0, pp. 172, January 2010, INTECH.
4. Potentsial rossiyskikh innovatsiy na rynke sistem avtomatizatsii i robototekhniki: Ekspertno-analiticheskiy otchet [The potential of Russian innovations on the market of automation and robotics: analytical report]. Moscow: OAO «RVK», 2014, 128 p.
5. Mikov A., Moschevikin A., Fedorov A., Sikora A. A Localization System Using Inertial Measurement Units from Wireless Commercial Hand-held Devices, Proceedings of the International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN-2013). France: Montbeliard. 28–31 October 2013, pp. 857-863.
6. Galov A., Moschevikin A. Bayesian filters for ToF and RSS measurements for indoor positioning of a mobile object, Proceedings of the International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN-2013). France: Montbeliard. 28–31 October 2013, pp. 310-317.
7. Esteves J.S., Carvalho A. Generalized geometric triangulation algorithm for mobile robot absolute SELF-localization, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), 2006. – P. 830-835.
8. Frayden D. Sovremennye datchiki. Spravochnik [Modern sensors. Guide]. Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2005, 587 p.
9. Sim H.G., Yip S.K.H., and Cheng C.W.S. Equipment and technology in surgical robotics, World Journal of Urology, 2006, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 128-135.
10. Rane S. Kommu, Eddy B., Rimington P., and Anderson C. Initial experience with the endoassist (r) camera holding robot in laparoscopic urological surgery, European Urology Supplements, 2007, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 186-186.
11. Russell H. Taylor, Peter Kazanzides. Medical Robotics and Computer-Integrated Interventional Medicine, Elsevier, 2008. pp. 24.
12. Jason J. Dumpert. Towards Supervised Autonomous Task Completion Using an in vivo Surgical Robot: dissertation. – University of Nebraska – Lincoln, 2009, 212 p.
13. Joris Jaspers. Simple Tools for Surgeons; Design andevaluation of mechanical alternatives for robotic instruments for minimally invasive, Dissertation: Amsterdam, 2006, 141 p.
14. Agustinos A., Wolf R., Long J.A., Cinquin P., Voros S. Visual Servoing of a robotic endoscope holder based on surgical instrument tracking, 2014 5th IEEE RAS & EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob), 2014. Sгo Paulo, Brazil, pp. 13-18.
15. Berkelman P., Cinquin P., Boidard E., Troccaz J., Lґetoublon C. and Ayoubi J-M. Design, control and testing of a novel compact laparoscopic endoscope manipulator, Proc. Instn Mech. Engrs Vol. 217. Part I: J. Systems and Control Engineering, pp. 329-341.
16. Beklemishev D.V. Kurs analiticheskoy geometrii i lineynoy algebry [Course of analytical geometry and linear algebra]. 10 ed. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2005, 304 p.
17. Farbod Fahimi. Autonomous Robots Modeling, Path Planning, and Control. Springer Science+Business Media, 2009, 348 p.
18. Zenkevich S., Yushchenko A. Osnovy upravleniya manipulyatsionnymi robotami [Basic control of manipulation robots]. Moscow: MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, 2004, 480 p.
19. Moskvichev A., Kvartalov A., Ustinov B. Zakhvatnye ustroystva promyshlennykh robotov i manipulyatorov: uchebnoe posobie [Gripping devices of industrial robots and manipulators: a tutorial]. Forum, 2015, 176 p.
20. Gayduk A.R. Pshikhopov V.Kh. Medvedev M.Yu. Kostyukov V.A. Medvedeva T.N. Proektirovanie robotov i robototekhnicheskikh sistem: uchebnoe posobie [Designing robots and robot systems: a tutorial]. Taganrog: Izd-vo YuFU, 2013.