|Article title||THE STUDY OF HETEROSTRUCTURES OF INAS/GAAS C POTENTIAL BARRIERS OF ALGAAS AND GAAS PHOTODETECTORS FOR THE NEAR INFRARED RANGE|
|Authors||E.E. Blokhin, A.S. Pashchenko|
|Section||SECTION II. VISION SYSTEM AND ONBOARD COMPUTERS|
|Month, Year||02, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||By ion beam epitaxy heterostructures obtained with an array of InAs quantum dots prisoners barrier layers GaAs (samples of type I) and AlGaAs (samples of type II). The thickness of barrier layers is not greater than 30 nm. It is shown that the method allows to obtain quantum dots with lateral dimensions up to 50 nm. at a height of 10 nm. Got a lot of quantum dot density of 109 cm-2. The photoluminescence studies showed major peaks for conversion of quantum dots in the range 1.1 eV (1150 nm) for the samples of the first type barrier GaAs and 1.15 eV (1050 nm) for the samples of the second-type AlGaAs barrier. These areas correspond to the near-infrared. Peak major transitions in structures with barrier AlGaAs shifted to shorter wavelengths of 50-100 nm, and has a greater intensity. Also, samples of the second type of a shift of the peak of the wetting layer to shorter wavelengths. The width of the main peak of both types of samples was about 0.2–0.25 eV, which is probably due to the dispersion of the size of the quantum dots. Dark current-voltage characteristics of the structures showed the density of the dark current of the order of 10-6 A/cm2 (for the samples of the first type) at a temperature of 90 K. For the samples of the second type is similar magnitude was 10-7 A/cm2 at the same temperature. There was asymmetry of the curves of the dark current at the positive and negative bias. For both types of samples was observed degradation of performance with increasing temperature. With an increase in the working temperature to room temperature, the dark current density ranged from 10-1 A/cm2 to 10-2 A/cm2.|
|Keywords||Infrared photodetector; quantum dot; photoluminescence; dark current.|
|References||1. Alfimova D.L., Lunin L.S., M.L. Lunina M.L. Growth and properties of GayIn1−yPzAs1−x−zBix solid solutions on GaP substrates, Inorganic Materials, 2014, Vol. 50, Issue 2, pp. 113-119.
2. Shih-Yen LIN, Yao-Jen. Comparison of InAs/GaAs Quantum Dot Infrared Photodetector and GaAs/(AlGa)As Superlattice Infrared Photodetector, J. Appl. Phys., 2001, Vol. 40, No. 12, pp. 1290-1292.
3. Kwang Moo KIM, Young Ju Park, Cheong Hyun ROH. Shape and interband transition behavior of InAs quantum dots dependent on number of stacking cycles, J. Appl. Phys., 2003, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 54-57.
4. Wei-Hsun Lin, Kuang-Ping Chao. The influence of In composition on InGaAs-capped InAs/GaAs quantum-dot infrared photodetectors, J. Appl. Phys., 2009, Vol. 106, No. 9, pp. 054512-1-054512-3.
5. David A. Ramirez, Jiayi Shao, Majeed M. Hayat, and Sanjay Krishna. Midwave infrared quantum dot avalanche photodiode, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2010, Vol. 97, pp. 212-215.
6. Rajeev V. Shenoi, Jessie Rosenberg, Thomas E. Vandervelde. Multispectral Quantum Dots-in-a-Well Infrared Detectors Using Plasmon Assisted Cavities, Ieee Journal оf Quantum Electronics, 2010, Vol. 46, No. 7, pp. 1051-1057.
7. Perera A.G.U., Aytac Y., Ariyawansa G., Matsik S.G., Buchanan M. Photo Detectors for Multi-Spectral Sensing, IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology (Portland August 15-18, 2011). USA, 2011, pp. 286-291.
8. Eui-Tae Kim, Zhonghui Chen, and Anupam Madhukar. Tailoring detection bands of InAs quantum-dot infrared photodetectors using InxGa1-xAs strain-relieving quantum wells, Applied physics letters, 2001, Vol. 79, No. 20, pp. 3441-3443.
9. Lunin L.S., Sysoev I.A., Alfimova D.L., Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S. A study of photo-sensitive InAs/GaAs heterostructures with quantum dots grown by ion-beam deposition, Journal of Surface Investigation. X-ray, Synchrotron and Neutron Techniques, 2011, Vol. 5, Issue 3, pp. 559-562.
10. Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S., Lunin L.S., Irkha V.A. Features in the formation of Ge/Si multilayer nanostructures under ion-beam-assisted crystallization, Technical Physics Letters, 2013, Vol. 39, Issue 8, pp. 726-729.
11. Lunin L.S., Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S., Bolobanova L.N. Ion beam deposition of photoactive nanolayers for silicon solar cells, Inorganic Materials, 2012, Vol. 48, Issue 5, pp. 439-444
12. Pashchenko A.S., Chebotarev S.N., Lunin L.S. Carrier transport in multilayer InAs/GaAs quantum dot heterostructures grown by ion beam crystallization, Inorganic Materials, 2015, Vol. 51, Issue 3, pp. 197-200.
13. Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S., Lunin L.S., Williamson A., Irkha V.A., Gamidov V.A. Ion beam crystallization of InAs/GaAs(001) nanostructures, Technical Physics Letters, 2015, Vol. 41, Issue 7, pp. 661-664.
14. Joseph E. Greene. Epitaxial crystal growth by sputter deposition: Applications to semiconductors. Part I, Department of metallurgy coordinated science laboratory materials research laboratory, 2006, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 47-97.
15. Zhengmao Ye, Joe C. Campbell. Normal-incidence InAs self-assembled quantum dot infrared photodetectors with a high detectivity, IEEE journal of quantum electronics, 2002, Vol. 38, No. 9, pp. 1234-1237.
16. Phillips J., Bhattacharya P., Kennerly S. W., Beekman D. W., and Dutta M. Self-assembled InAs–GaAs quantum dot intersubband detectors, IEEE J. quantum electron., 1999, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 936-943.
17. Lunin L.S., Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S., Dudnikov S.A. Correlation between the size and photoluminescence spectrum of quantum dots in InAs-QD/GaAs, Journal of Surface Investigation. X-ray, Synchrotron and Neutron Techniques, 2013, Vol. 7, Issue 1, pp. 36-40.
18. Amtout A., Raghavan S., Rotella P. Theoretical modeling and experimental characterization of InAs/InGaAs quantum dots in a well detector, J. Appl. Phys., 2004, Vol. 96, No. 7, pp. 3781-3786.
19. Beattie N.S. Analysis of InAs/GaAs quantum dot solar cells using Suns – Voc measurements, Solar energy materials & solar cells, 2014, Vol. 130, pp. 241-245.
20. Wang S.Y., Lin S.D., Wu H.W. Low dark current quantum-dot infrared photodetectors with an AlGaAs current blocking layer, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2001, Vol. 78, pp. 1023-1025.
21. Lin S.Y. High-performance InAs/GaAs quantum dot infrared photodetectors with a single-sided Al0.3Ga0.7As blocking layer, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2001, Vol. 78, pp. 2784-2786.
22. Chen Z.H. Normal incidence InAs/AlхGa1-хAs quantum dot infrared photodetectors with undoped active region, J. Appl. Phys., 2001, Vol. 89, pp. 4558-4563.