|Article title||THE DEVELOPMENT OF GENETIC ALGORITHM FOR SEMANTIC SIMILARITY ESTIMATION IN TERMS OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS|
|Authors||Yu.A. Kravchenko, I.O. Kursitys, E.V. Kuliev|
|Section||SECTION II. KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT|
|Month, Year||06, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||This article is devoted to the development of a new approach for semantic similarity estimation to solve different knowledge management problems. Due to information flows constantly growing in various life spheres the problems of searching new ways of storing, representation, formalization, systematization and processing of information from heterogeneous sources are relevant today. The main problem in the field of knowledge search is the complexity of identification and usage of key information, which is increasing constantly. To solve this problem we propose to modify previously developed knowledge filter running on the basis of the semantic concepts taxonomy tree as an systematization of complex areas of the reality and hierarchical knowledge in order to define and arrange terms and its synonyms with a further query transformation into the most effective form. The knowledge filter meta-model is supplemented by a semantic similarity estimation block, that allows us to obtain the most appropriate results in the context of semantics. We analyzed the assigned problem, gave a definition of the term ‘semantic similarity’, and observed different ways of its estimation. To solve the problem we proposed the graph model containing components of ontology triplets. The semantic similarity formula is presented in this paper. To increase the efficiency we developed the genetic algorithm for semantic similarity estimation in accordance with the graph model. A set of genetic operators of crossover and mutation is proposed for genetic algorithm work. Experiments carried out on benchmarks show the efficiency of developed approach.|
|Keywords||Knowledge management; ontologies; meta-model; semantic similarity; graph model; genet-ic algorithm|
|References||1. Dorsey P. Personal knowledge management [e-resource]. Available at: http://www.360doc.com/ content/05/1228/22/2563_51065.shtml (accessed 16 February 2016).
2. Martin J. Personal Knowledge Management. The Basis of Corporate and Institutional Knowledge Management, Managing Knowledge: Case Studies in Innovation. Alberta: University of Alberta, faculty of Extension, 2000, Vol. 6.
3. Lande D.V. Poisk znaniy v Internet [Search knowledge in the Internet]. Moscow: Dialektika, 2005, 271 p.
4. Bova V.V., Kravchenko Y.A., Kursitys I.O. Models for Supporting of Problem-Oriented Knowledge Search and Processing, Proceedings of the First International Scientific Conference “Intelligent Information Technologies for Industry” (IITI’16), Vol. 1, pp. 287-295
5. Kerschberg L., Jeong H., Kim W. Emergent Semantic in Knowledge Sifter: An Evolutionary Search Agent based on Semantic Web Services. In: Spaccapietra, S., Aberer, K., Cudre-Mauroux, P. (eds.), Journal on Data Semantic VI. LNCS, 2006, Vol. 4090, pp. 187-209.
6. Gonchar A.D. Sravnitel'nyy analiz baz dannykh i baz znaniy (ontologiy) primenimo k modelirovaniyu slozhnykh protsessov [Comparative analysis of databases and knowledge bases (ontologies) applicable to the modeling of complex processes] Sovremennye nauchnye issledovaniya i innovatsii [Modern scientific researches and innovations], 2014, No. 5. Available at: http://web.snauka.ru/issues/2014/05/34325 (accessed 27 March 2016).
7. Kryukov K.V., Pankova L.A., Pronina V.A. Mery semanticheskoy blizosti v ontologii [Measures of semantic closeness in the ontology], Problemy upravleniya [Problems of Management], 2010, No. 5, pp. 2-14.
8. Maedche A., Zacharias V. Clustering Ontology-Based Metadata in the Semantic Web, Proceedings PKDD-2002, LNAI 2431, 2002, pp. 348-360.
9. Le Khoay, Tuzovskiy A.F. Razrabotka semanticheskikh elektronnykh bibliotek na osnove ontologicheskikh modeley [The development of semantic digital libraries on the basis of ontological models], Trudy XV Vserossiyskoy nauchnoy konferentsii «Elektronnye biblioteki: perspektivnye metody i tekhnologii, elektronnye kollektsii» - RCDL 2013 (Yaroslavl', Rossiya, 14.10–17.10.2013) [Proceedings of the XV all-Russian scientific conference "Electron-related libraries: advanced methods and technologies, digital collections" - RCDL 2013 (Yaroslavl, Russia 14.10–17.10.2013)]. Yaroslavl': Yaroslavskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. P.G. Demidova, 2013.
10. Kureychik V.M., Kazharov A.A. Ispol'zovanie shablonnykh resheniy v murav'inykh algoritmakh [Template using for ant colony algorithms], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2013, No. 7 (144), pp. 11-17.
11. Gladkov L.A., Kureychik V.M., Kureychik V.V. Geneticheskie algoritmy [Genetic algorithms]. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2006, 320 p.
12. Kureychik V.M. Osobennosti postroeniya sistem podderzhki prinyatiya resheniy [Features of decision making support system design], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2012, No. 7 (132), pp. 92-98.
13. Kureychik V.V., Rodzin S.I. O pravilakh predstavleniya resheniy v evolyutsionnykh algoritmakh [On the rules for the submission decisions in evolutionary algorithm], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2010, No. 7 (108), pp. 13-21.
14. Kureichik V.M., Rodzin S.I. Evolutionary algorithms: genetic programming, Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International, 2002, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 123-132.
15. Bova V.V., Kravchenko Y.A., Kureichik V.V. Development of Distributed Information Systems: Ontological Approach, Software Engineering in Intelligent Systems. Proceedings of the 4th Computer Science On-line Conference 2015 (CSOC2015). Vol. 3. Springer International Publishing AG Switzerland, 2015, pp. 113-122.
16. Bova V.V., Kravchenko Y.A., Kureichik V.V. Decision Support Systems for Knowledge Management, Software Engineering in Intelligent Systems. Proceedings of the 4th Computer Science On-line Conference 2015 (CSOC2015). Vol. 3. Springer International Publishing AG Switzerland, 2015, pp. 123-130.
17. Kravchenko Y.A., and Kureichik V.V. Knowledge management based on multi-agent simulation in informational systems, 8th IEEE International Сonference “Application of Information and Communication Technologies – AICT 2014”, 2014, pp. 264-267.
18. Zaporozhets D.Yu., Kureychik V.V. Gibridnyy algoritm resheniya zadach transportnogo tipa [Hybrid algorithm solving transport type problems], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2013, No. 7 (144), pp. 80-85.
19. Fishwick P.A., Miller J.A. Ontologies for Modeling and Simulation: Issues and Approaches, In Proceedings of, Winter Simulation Conference, 2004, pp. 259-264.
20. Tuzovskiy A.F., Chirikov S.V., Yampol'skiy V.Z. Sistemy upravleniya znaniyami (metody i tekhnologii) [The knowledge management system (methods and technology], under ed. V.Z. Yampol'skogo. Tomsk: Izd-vo NTL, 2005, 260 p.