|Article title||COMBINED METHOD FOR CALCULATION OF EXCITATION OF CIRCULAR DIELECTRIC CYLINDER WITH A HETEROGENEOUS OBJECT|
|Section||SECTION II. MODELING OF PHYSICAL PROCESSES AND DEVICES|
|Month, Year||08, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||In a number of applied problems of electrodynamics such as defectoscopy and RF imaging appears a necessity for rigorous analysis of electromagnetic fields scattering by inhomogeneous magnetodielectric objects. The results of these studies are used to develop non-destructive testing tools, create new structural materials with desired electrodynamic properties, solve the electromagnetic compatibility issues, and, particularly, study the interaction of electromagnetic waves with biological structures. Besides, in many cases it is necessary to consider the objects of relatively simple form (layered sphere, cylinder), but with a complex internal structure. For example, in microwave studies for medical purposes in order to minimize the parasitic scattering the irradiated model (such as a phantom with real biological tissue parameters) is usually placed in a cylindrical cell with a matching solution. In this paper we solve the model 2-dimensional problem of excitation of a circular cylinder made of a homogeneous dielectric in the inner area of which the inhomogeneous dielectric object exists for the case of H-polarization of the incident field. Solution of 2-dimensional problem of excitation of a circular cylinder made of a homogeneous dielectric with a heterogeneous object in its inner area is reduced to a system of linear algebraic equations for the values of the field in the cross-sectional inclusion. The peculiarity of the algorithm is a combination of rigorous methods of integral equations and their own functions. This approach allows eliminating the homogeneous part or the structure external border integration over the volume, thereby increasing the efficiency of the algorithm. Using Green"s function of unlimited space with the parameters of the host medium can improve the computational efficiency of the method, since the heterogeneous object is an area with non-zero electrodynamic contrast. In the presence of a strong attenuation in the volume of the cylinder homogeneous part, which is typical for biological objects, many of the matrix elements of the linear equations system would be close to zero, which can be taken into account when designing the efficient computational algorithms for tape type matrices. The proposed method can be extended to a three-dimensional model in case when the limiting homogeneous space is a sphere.|
|Keywords||Electromagnetic field; computation algorithm; cylinder; dielectric; integral equation; ei-genfunctions.|
|References||1. Rudakov M.L. Modeli biologicheskikh sred pri issledovanii vzaimodeystviy s elektromagnitnymi polyami v diapazone radiochastot [Models of biological environments in the study of the interactions of electromagnetic fields in the radio frequency range], Zarubezhnaya radioel-ektronika. Uspekhi sovremennoy radioelektroniki [Foreign Radioelectronics. Successes of modern radio electronics], 1998, No. 2, pp. 68-75.
2. Il'inskiy A.S., Nekrasov L.M. Difraktsiya ploskoy elektromagnitnoy volny na neodnorodnom dielektricheskom tsilindre [Diffraction of a plane electromagnetic wave at times, but then-homogeneous dielectric cylinder], Radiotekhnika i elektronika [Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics], 1995, Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 695-703.
3. Mukomolov A.I. Chislennyy metod resheniya zadach elektromagnitnogo rasseyaniya na trekhmernom magnitodielektricheskom tele proizvol'noy formy [Numerical method of solving problems of electromagnetic scattering by three-dimensional magneto body of arbitrary shape], Radiotekhnika i elektronika [Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics], 1995, Vol. 40, No. 6, pp. 875-880.
4. Jensen M.A., Freeze J.D. A recursive Green’s function method for boundary integral analysis of inhomogeneous domains, IEEE Trans., 1998, Vol. AP-46, No. 12, pp. 1810-1818.
5. Lazzi G., Gandhi O.P. Realistically tilted and truncated anatomically based models of the human head for dosimetry of mobile telephones, IEEE Trans., 1997, Vol. EMC-39, No. 1, pp. 55-60.
6. Kisel' V.N., Obukhovets V.A. Vychislitel'naya model' SVCh introskopii [A computational model for the microwave imaging], Rasseyanie elektromagnitnykh voln [Scattering of electromagnetic waves], ed. by B.M. Petrova. Taganrog: Radiotekhnicheskiy in-t, 1999, Issue 1, pp. 42-47.
7. Candy V.J., Pichot Ch. Active microwave imaging: A model-based approach, IEEE Trans., 1991, Vol. AP-39, No. 3, pp. 285-290.
8. Colburn J.S., Rahmat-Samii Ya. Human Proximity Effects on Circular Polarized Handset Antennas in Personal Satellite Communications, IEEE Trans. on AP, 1998, Vol. 46, No. 6, pp. 813-820.
9. Richmond J.H. Scattering by a dielectric cylinder of arbitrary cross section shape, IEEE Trans on AP, 1965, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 334-341.
10. Lin James C. Specific absorption rates (SARs) Induced in head tissues by microwave radiation from cell phones, IEEE AP Magazine, 2000, Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. 138-140.
11. Kisel' V.N., Obukhovets V.A., Kisel' N.N. Rekonstruktsiya stroeniya pronitsaemykh tel v dia-pazone SVCh [Reconstruction of the structure of permeable solids in the range of microwave], Antenny [Antennas], 2002, Issue 4 (59), pp. 42-45.
12. Kisel' N.N., Klimenko P.P. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie vzaimodeystviya elektromagnitnogo polya s biologicheskimi sredami: monografiya. Deponirovanie VINITI
№ 1380-V 2006 ot 14.11.06g. g. Moskva [Mathematical modeling of the interaction of elec-tromagnetic fields with biological environments: monograph. Deposit VINITI No. 1380 In 2006 14.11.06 from Moscow], 89 p.
13. Kisel' N.N., Grishchenko S.G. Modelirovanie biologicheskoy strukturirovannoy tkani v vide reshetki rezistivnykh nitey [The structured modeling of biological tissue in the form of a grid of resistive threads], 24th Int. Crimean Conference “Microwave & Telecom-munication Tech-nology” (CriMiCo’2014). 2014, 7-13 September, Sevastopol, Crimea, Russia, pp. 1065-1066.
14. Kisel' N.N., Grishchenko S.G. Ispol'zovanie effekta depolyarizatsii elektromagnitnoy volny dlya zadach meditsinskoy diagnostiki [Using the depolarization effect of electromagnetic wave problems for medical diagnosis], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. En-gineering Sciences], 2014, No. 11 (160), pp. 99-109.
15. Kisel' N.N. Issledovanie raspredeleniya elektromagnitnykh poley vnutri biologicheskikh ob"ektov [Investigation of distribution of electromagnetic fields in biological objects], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2016, No. 3 (176), pp. 65-75.
16. Kisel’ V.N., Alpatova A.V., Kisel’ N.N. Combined utilization of eigenfunctions and integral equations to calculate fields inside inhomogeneous dielectric bodies, Conf. Proc. 2000 Int. Conf. on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory (MMET2000), Kharkov, Ukraine, Sept. 11 15, 2000, Vol. 2, pp. 459-461.
17. Kisel' N.N., Alpatova A.V., Kisel' V.N. Sochetanie metodov integral'nykh uravneniy i sobstvennykh funktsiy dlya rascheta vozbuzhdeniya krugovogo dielektricheskogo tsilindra s neodnorodnym vklyucheniem [A combination of methods of integral equations and eigenfunc-tions to calculate the excitation of a circular dielectric cylinder with inhomogeneous inclusion], Antenny [Antennas], 2001, Issue 4 (50), pp. 54-60.
18. Alpatova A.V., Kisel’ N.N. Electromagnetic field calculation inside the dielectric sphere with inhomogeneous insertion, 2001 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Intern. Symp. Dig., Boston, July 2001, Vol. 1, pp. 220-223.
19. Kisel' V.N., Alpatova A.V., Kisel' N.N. Effektivnyy algoritm rascheta elektromagnitnogo polya v neodnorodnom tsilindre [An efficient algorithm of calculation of electromagnetic fields in inhomogeneous cylinder], Izvestiya TRTU [Izvestiya TSURE], 2001, No. 1 (19), pp. 28-34.
20. Kisel N.N., Alpatova A.V., Kisel’ V.N. A New Effective Algorithm For Heterogeneous Dielec-tric, EMC 2002, International Wrocław Symposium And Exhibition On Electromagnetic,
Vol. 1, pp. 234-240.
21. Kisel' N.N., Alpatova A.V., Kisel' V.N. Vozbuzhdenie neodnorodnogo krugovogo dielektrich-eskogo tsilindra [Excitation of inhomogeneous circular dielectric cylinder], Rasseyanie el-ektromagnitnykh voln [Scattering of electromagnetic waves], ed. by B.M. Petrova. Taganrog: Radiotekhnicheskiy un-t, 2002, Issue 12, pp. 5-8.
22. Kisel' N.N., Alpatova A.V., Kisel' V.N. Sochetanie metodov integral'nykh uravneniy i sobstvennykh funktsiy dlya rascheta vozbuzhdeniya krugovogo dielektricheskogo tsilindra s neodnorodnym vklyucheniem [A combination of methods of integral equations and eigenfunc-tions to calculate the excitation of a circular dielectric cylinder with inhomogeneous inclusion], Antenny [Antennas], 2001, Issue 4 (50), pp. 54-60.