|Article title||METAHEURISTIC ALGORITHMS FOR AUTOMATION CONTROL SYSTEMS IN TECHNOLOGICAL HUMP PROCESSES|
|Section||SECTION III. SAFETY OF COMPLEX SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||08, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||The paper proposes a new metaheuristic approach to optimization, which deals with the control of the technological process at railway hump yards. The basis of the presented approach is a modified method of random tabu search, which is considered at the example of the choice of optimal breaking-up trains order, where multi-criteria optimization task is required to be solved. Nowadays, this task is tried to be handled by human personal, which leads to non-optimal solutions and typical errors in technological process. The task from the example is solved by minimizing the total delay of carriages at a hump yard. It should be noted that the task is non-trivial because of penalty for perishable freights, which may be delayed for inadmissible time. Proposed algorithm implements the local search based on adaptive change of randomization parameter. Creation and modification of solutions are performed based on permutations in the set of train numbers. The results of computer experiments, which were performed with the purpose of the performance estimation, are shown. The first part of the experiments revealed the optimal parameters of the searching algorithm. The second part of the experiments with imitation models of hump yards was provided with the purpose to estimate the performance of the approach. The results show that presented approach allows obtaining more accurate decisions than in case of greedy algorithms, which are common for automated systems. Moreover, it is shown that the approach is usable for many practical tasks, which are required to be solved at railway hump yards.|
|Keywords||Metaheuristic algorithm; decision searching; local search; solution locality; random locality; breaking-up of trains; car delays.|
|References||1. Dolgiy I.D., Kovalev S.M., Krivolapov S.V. Optimizatsiya grafikov dvizheniya poezdov na osnove metodov evolyutsionnogo modelirovaniya [Optimization of train scheduling based on evolutionary modeling methods], Intellektual'nye modeli i myagkie vychisleniya v iskusstvennom intellekte: Sbornik nauchnykh trudov 7-y Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [Intelligent models and soft computing in artificial intelligence: Collection of scientific papers of the 7th International scientific-technical conference]. Kolomna, 2013. In 3 vol. Vol. 1, pp. 862-868.
2. Kovalev S.M. Tarasov V.B. Problemy razvitiya intellektual'nykh tekhnologiy na transporte i proizvodstve [Problems of development of intellectual technologies on transport and produc-tion], Avtomatizatsiya i mekhanizatsiya tekhnologicheskikh protsessov na sortirovochnykh stantsiyakh: Trudy Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Automation and mechanization of technological processes in marshalling yards: proceedings of the International scientific-practical conference]. Moscow, 2010, pp. 68-72.
3. Kovalev S.M. Shabel'nikov A.N. Teoreticheskie problemy intellektualizatsii transportnykh protsessov [Theoretical problems of intellectualization of transport processes], Avtomatizatsiya i mekhanizatsiya tekhnologicheskikh protsessov na sortirovochnykh stantsiyakh: Trudy Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Automation and mechanization of technological processes in marshalling yards: proceedings of the International scientific-practical conference]. Moscow, 2010, pp. 15-19.
4. Gershval'd A.S. Optimal'noe upravlenie protsessami raboty bazovoy stantsii opornogo tsentra [Optimal control of processes of operation of the base station support center], Zheleznye dorogi mira [World Railways], 2002, No. 6.
5. Papadimitriou C.H. and Steiglitz K. Combinatorial Optimization – Algorithms and Complexity. New York: Dover Publications, 1982.
6. Lawler E., Lenstra J.K., Rinnooy Kan A.H.G., and Shmoys D.B. The Travelling Salesman Problem. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1985.
7. Nemhauser G.L. and Wolsey A.L. Integer and Combinatorial Optimization. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1988.
8. Glover F. Future paths for integer programming and links to artificial intelligence, Computers & Operations Research, 1986, No. 131, pp. 533-549.
9. Glover F. and Kochenberger G., eds. Handbook of Metaheuristics. Norwell: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2002.
10. Shcherbina O.A. Metaevristicheskie algoritmy dlya zadach kombinatornoy optimizatsii [Me-taheuristic algorithms for combinatorial optimization], Tavricheskiy vestnik informatiki i ma-tematiki [Taurida Journal of Computer Science Theory and Mathematics], 2014, No. 1 (24), pp. 23-47.
11. Glover F. and Laguna M. Tabu Search. Norwell: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997.
12. Osman I.H., Laporte G. Metaheuristics: a bibliography, Ann. Oper. Res., 1996, Vol. 63,
13. Vob S. Tabu Search: Applications and Prospects, Network Optimization Problems, Du D.-Z. and Pardalos P., eds., pp. 333-353. Singapor: World Scientific Publishing Co., 1993.
14. Kononov A.V., Kochetov A.V., Plyasunov A.V. Konkurentnye modeli razmeshcheniya pro-izvodstva [Competitive location models], Zhurnal vychislitel'noy matematiki i matematicheskoy fiziki [Computational mathematics and mathematical physics], 2009, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 1037-1054.
15. Kononova P.A., Kochetov Yu.A. Lokal'nyy poisk s chereduyushchimisya okrestnostyami dlya zadachi Dzhonsona s passivnym buferom [Local search with alternating neighborhoods for problem Johnson with a passive buffer], Diskretnyy analiz i issledovanie operatsiy [Discrete Analysis and Operations Research], 2012, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 63-82.
16. Kochetov Yu.A. Vychislitel'nye vozmozhnosti lokal'nogo poiska v kombinatornoy optimizatsii [Computational capabilities of local search in combinatorial optimization], Zhurnal vychislitel'noy matematiki i matematicheskoy fiziki [Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics], 2008, Vol. 48, No. 5, pp. 747-764.
17. Kochetov Yu.A., Plyasunov A.V. Geneticheskiy lokal'nyy poisk dlya zadachi o razbienii grafa na doli ogranichennoy moshchnosti [Genetic local search for the problem of graph partitioning for shares of limited power], Zhurnal vychislitel'noy matematiki i matematicheskoy fiziki [Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics], 2012, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 164-176.
18. Gladkov L.A., Kureychik V.V, Kureychik V.M. i dr. Bioinspirirovannye metody v optimizatsii: monografiya [Bioinspired methods in optimization: monograph]. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2009, 384 p.
19. Rudnev A.S. Veroyatnostnyy poisk s zapretami dlya zadachi upakovki krugov i pryamou-gol'nikov v polosu [Probabilistic search with exclusions for the problem of packing the circles and triangles in strip], Diskretnyy analiz i issledovanie operatsiy [Discrete Analysis and Op-erations Research], 2009, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 61-86.
20. Boroznov V.O. Postroenie modeli dlya zadachi o poryadke rospuska sostavov na sortirovochnoy zheleznodorozhnoy stantsii [Building a model for the problem of order of dissolution of trains at marshalling yard], Vestnik AGTU [Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University], 2012, No. 6, pp. 178-182.