|Article title||METHOD OF ZONE THERMAL RECRYSTALLIZATION FROM DISCRETE SOURCE|
|Authors||A.N. Yatsenko, V.N. Lozovskii, S.N. Chebotarev, L.S. Lunin, A.S. Pashchenko, M.L. Lunina, G.A. Eremeev|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||09, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||A new method of applying thin layers and island structures of large area thermal evaporation in a vacuum was proposed and investigated. A distinctive feature of this method is the use of a discrete source type. Mass transfer of growth substances from a source to the substrate is carried out through the thin vacuum zone. Digital power is a system of local evaporators located in the surface layer of a carrier plate. This construction enables the growth of the cell to obtain homoge-neous layers and structures committed to a plate large area, complete transfer of the growth sub-stances and impurities from the source to the substrate, a significant reduction in requirements for the vacuum in the chamber. The paper considers the influence of the size and the surface density of the local evaporators on the geometric properties of the deposited layer. The mathematical ex-pression is proposed that allows to explore the patterns of deposition process on the substrate material and assess the degree of heterogeneity of the thickness δ incremental layer. It is shown that to obtain uniform thickness of layers necessary to satisfy the condition l > lk, where l and lk – the thickness of the vacuum zone and its critical value, respectively. The experimental data confirm the conclusions of the theory. At the same time the real value δ is always slightly less than estimated. Proposals received by the germanium epitaxial layers of uniform thickness on silicon wafers with a diameter of 100mm. A typical half-width of the rocking curves for the germanium layer thickness 1000–3000 nm is about 150 arc seconds. Satisfactory evidence of X-ray studies allow us to judge the prospects of the proposed method.|
|Keywords||Zone thermal regrowth from a discrete source; silicon; germanium; epitaxial layers.|
|References||1. Klunnikova Yu.V. Optimizaciya technologicheskogo processa polucheniya vysokokachestven-nykh podlozhek iz sapfira dlya integralnych skhem [Optimization of technology process for producing of high-quality substrate made from for sapphire for integrated circuit], Izvestiya YUFU. Technicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2016, No. 4 (177), pp. 23-31.
2. Lunin L.S., Sysoev I.A., Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S. Formirovanie kvantovykh tochek InAs na podlozhkakh GaAs metodom ionno-luchevogo osazhdeniya [Formation of InAs quan-tum dots on GaAs substrates by ion beam deposition], Nauka Yuga Rossii [Science of South Russia], 2010, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 46-49.
3. Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S., Lunin L.S., Irkha V.A. Features in the formation of Ge/Si multilayer nanostructurs under ion-beam-assisted crystallization, Technical Physics Letters, 2013, Vol. 39, No. 8, pp. 726-729.
4. Lunin L.S., Sysoev I.A., Alfimova D.L., Chebotarev S.N., Pashchenko A.S. A study of photo-sensitive InAs/GaAs heterostructures with quantum dots grown by ion-beam deposition, Jour-nal of Surface Investigation: X-Ray, Synchrotron and Neutron Techniques, 2011, Vol. 5,
No. 3, pp. 559-562.
5. Zhang D., Liao Y., Li J., Wen T., Jin L., Wang X., Kolodzey J. Effect of in-situ annealing on the structural and optical properties of GeSn films grown by MBE, Journal of Alloys and Com-pounds, 2016, Vol. 684, pp. 643-648.
6. Nikolenko A.S., Strelchuk V.V., Safriuk N.V., Kryvyi S.B., Kladko V.P., Oberemok O.S.,, Borkovska L.V., Sadofyev Y.G. Structural and optical studies of strain relaxation in Ge1 − xSnx layers grown on Ge/Si(001) by molecular beam epitaxy, Thin Solid Films, 2016, Vol. 613,
7. Volkov P.V., Goryunov А.V., Lobanov D.N., Luk'yanov А.Yu., Novikov А.V., Tertyshnik А.D., Shaleev М.V., Yurasov D.V. Features of SOI substrates heating in MBE growth process ob-tained by low-coherence tandem interferometry, Journal of Crystal Growth, 2016, Vol. 448, pp. 89-92.
8. D'Costa V.R., Wang W., Yeo Y.-C. Near-bandgap optical properties of pseudomorphic GeSn alloys grown by molecular beam epitaxy, Journal of Applied Physics, 2016, Vol. 120, No. 6, pp. 063104.
9. Talochkin A.B., Mashanov V.I. Formation of GeSn alloy on Si(100) by low-temperature mo-lecular beam epitaxy, Applied Physics Letters, 2014, Vol. 105, No. 26, pp. 263101.
10. Lozovskii V.N., Lozovskii S.V., Chebotarev S.N. Issledovanie kraevogo temperaturnogo effekta pri zonnoy sublimacionnoy perekristallizacii [A study of the regional effect of the temperature in zone sublimation recrystallization], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Severo-Kavkazskiy region. Seriya: Tehnicheskie nauki [Proceedings of the higher educational institutions. North-Caucasian region. Series: Engineering], 2007, No. 5, pp. 52-56.
11. Lozovskii V.N., Lozovskii S.V., Chebotarev S.N., Irkha V.A. Osazhdenie tugoplavkikh metallov na rel'efnye podlozhki metodom zonnoy sublimacionnoy perekristallizacii [The deposition of refractory metals on the substrate raised by zone sublimation recrystallization], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Severo-Kavkazskiy region. Seriya: Tehnicheskie nauki [Proceedings of the higher educational institutions. North-Caucasian region. Series: Engineering], 2007, No. 4, pp. 68-70.
12. Lozovskii V.N., Lozovskii S.V., Valov G.V. Sorption vacuumization of a growth cell during zone sublimation recrystallization, Technical Physics Letters, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 175-178.
13. Shengurov V.G., Chalkov V.Y., Denisov S.A., Matveev S.A., Nezhdanov A.V., Mashin A.I., Fila-tov D.O., Stepikhova M.V., Krasilnik Z.F. Conditions of growth of high-quality relaxed Si1–xGex layers with a high Ge content by the vapor-phase decomposition of monogermane on a sublimating Si hot wire, Semiconductors, 2016, Vol. 50, No. 9, pp. 1248-1253.
14. Shengurov V.G., Denisov S.A., Svetlov S.P., Chalkov V.Y., Shengurov D.V.. A device for heating a substrate during molecular beam epitaxy, Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2016, Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 317-320.
15. Boldyrevskii P.B., Korovin A.G., Denisov S.A., Svetlov S.P., Shengurov V.G. Thickness uni-formity of silicon layers grown from a sublimation source by molecular-beam epitaxy, Technical Physics. 2014, Vol. 59, No. 11, pp. 1732-1735.
16. Filatov D.O., Gorshkov A.P., Volkova N.S., Guseinov D.V., Alyabina N.A., Ivanova M.M., Chalkov V.Y., Denisov S.A., Shengurov V.G. Photodiodes based on self-assembled GeSi/Si(001) nanoisland arrays grown by the combined sublimation molecular-beam epitaxy of silicon and vapor-phase epitaxy of germanium, Semiconductors, 2015, Vol. 49, No. 3,
17. Aleksandrov L.N., Lozovskii S.V., Knyazev S.Y. Silicon Zone Sublimation Regrowth, Physica Status Solidi A, 1988, Vol. 107, pp. 213-223.
18. Lozgachev V.I. Raspredelenie potokov molekul na ploskosti pri isparenii v vakuume [The dis-tribution of molecules in the plane streams by evaporation in vacuum], Technical Physics, 1962, Vol. 32, No. 8, pp. 1012-1022.
19. Yatsenko A.N., Lozovskii V.N. Vozmozhnost' polucheniya germanievykh nanorazmernykh ostrovkovykh struktur na kremnii metodom vakuumnoy mikrorazmernoy rostovoy yacheyki [The possibility of obtaining the germanium nano-sized island structures on silicon by vacuum growth of micro-cells], Izvestiya vuzov Severo-Kavkazskiy region. Tehnicheskie nauki [Pro-ceedings of the universities of the North-Caucasian region. Technical science], 2013, No. 2, pp. 103-105.
20. Lozovskii V.N., Irkha V.A., Chebotarev S.N. Metodika polucheniya nanometok i ikh primenenie dlya pozicionirovaniya v skaniruyushhey zondovoy mikroskopii [Method of obtaining nanomarks and their use for positioning in scanning probe microscopy], Zavodskaya labora-toriya. Diagnostika materialov, [Factory laboratory. Diagnosis materials], 2012,
Vol. 78, No. 9, pp. 33-36.
21. Lozovskii V.N., Chebotarev S.N., Irkha V.A., Valov G.V. Formation and use of positioning marks in scanning probe microscopy, Technical Physics Letters, 2010, Vol. 36, No. 8, pp 737-738.