|Article title||DEVELOPMENT OF METHODS FOR DETERMINING THE PHASE FREQUENCY RESPONSE OF HYDROACOUSTIC BROADBAND ANTENNA|
|Section||SECTION II. HYDROACOUSTICS|
|Month, Year||10, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||Hydroacoustic means are widely used for carrying out environmental monitoring in different reservoirs and ground soil. Nowadays the most perspective direction in enhancement of hydroacoustic instruments is an application of aggregate broadband signals in a hydrolocation. Methods of formation and processing of aggregate signals assume existence of prior information on amplitude-frequency (AChH) and phase-frequency (FChH) characteristics of the antenna. The standardized techniques are developed for measurements of hydroacoustic antennas AChH. The present paper is devoted to the development of an original technique of measurement of the relative FChH of hydroacoustic antennas and the pilot study of their FChH. The essence of the offered technique consists in radiation of the double-frequency signal by the studied sample of the antenna, its registration by means of the hydrophone and comparing with the signal given on the antenna. For this purpose two radio-frequency pulses of reference frequency relative to which the phase shift will be defined, and the studied frequency are supplied to the antenna. Radio-frequency pulses follow one after another without rupture of a phase. Measurements of the relative phase difference are taken sequentially for each frequency which is interesting to the researcher and relative to the reference one. As a result of the pilot studies, dependences of phase shift between the radio-frequency pulses supplied to the antenna and radiated by it were received, on condition that the reference frequency phase shift was equal to 0. That is, the received FChH curve corresponds to the true one in the form, but differs from it on some constant value. In most cases for formation and processing of aggregate signals it is necessary to know the frequency dependence of an increment of phase shift. Thus, it is possible to draw a conclusion that results of measurements of the relative FChH by the offered method contain all necessary information for formation and processing of aggregate signals. The conducted pilot study showed efficiency of the offered technique of determination of the relative FChH of the antenna. Application of the offered technique will allow to create the phase manipulated signals.|
|Keywords||Hydroacoustics; hydroacoustic antenna; acoustic measurements; phase-frequency charac-teristic.|
|References||1. Soldatov G.V., Tarasov S.P., Pivnev P.P. Metody opredeleniya akusticheskikh svoystv i struktury morskogo dna s ispol'zovaniem parametricheskoy antenny [Methods of determining acoustic properties and structure of the seabed using parametric antenna], Vserossiyskaya konferentsiya «Prikladnye tekhnologii gidroakustiki i gidrofiziki» [All-Russian conference "Applied technologies of hydroacoustics and Hydrophysics"]. St. Petersburg: Nauka, 2012, pp. 416-419.
2. Soldatov G.V. Opredelenie parametrov donnykh osadkov distantsionnymi metodami v tselyakh ekologicheskogo monitoringa [Defining the parameters of bottom sediments remote sensing for environmental monitoring], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2009, No. 9 (122), pp. 88-93.
3. Soldatov G.V., Tarasov S.P., Kaevitser V.I., Zakharov A.I., Smol'yaninov I.V. Opredeleniya skorosti zvuka v donnykh otlozheniyakh pri ekologicheskom monitoringe [The definitions of the speed of sound in the sediments under environmental monitoring], Inzhenernyy vestnik Dona [Engineering journal of Don], 2015, No. 4. Available at: http://www.ivdon.ru/ru/magazine/ ar-chive/n4p2y2015/3480 (accessed 1 October 2016).
4. Pivnev P.P., Voronin V.A. Primenenie mnogokomponentnykh signalov dlya povysheniya dal'nosti deystviya GAS s parametricheskimi antennami v volnovodakh [The use of multi-component signals to increase the range of action of GAS parametric antennas waveguides], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2009, No. 1 (90), pp. 29-34.
5. Gowski J. Te, Lubniewski Z. Seabed Characterization Using Spectral Moments of the Echo Signal. Acoustica, Acta Acoustica, 2002, No. 88, pp. 623-626.
6. Atallah L., Probert Smith P.J. Using Wavelet Analvsis to Classify and Segment Sonar Signals Scattered from Underwater Sea Beds, Acta Acoustica, 2002, No. 88, pp. 627-631.
7. Medwin H., Clay C.S. Fundamentals of Acoustical Oceanography. Wiley-Interscience, 1977, 580 p.
8. Istepanian R.S.H., Stojanovic M. (eds.) Underwater Acoustic Digital Signal Processing and Communication Systems. Springer, 2002, 283 p.
9. Tohyama M., Koike T. Fundamentals of Acoustic Signal Processing. Academic Press, 1998, 334 p.
10. Merklinger H.M. (ed.) Progress in Underwater Acoustics. Plenum Press, Plenum Publishing, 1987, 839 p.
11. Moura J.M.F., Lourtie I.M.G. Acoustic Signal Processing for Ocean Exploration. Springer, 1993, 671 p.
12. Konovalov S.I., Kuz'menko A.G. Osobennosti impul'snykh rezhimov raboty elektroakusticheskikh p'ezoelektricheskikh preobrazovateley [Features of pulse modes electro-acoustic piezoelectric transducers]. St. Petersburg: Politekhnika, 2014, 294 p.
13. Sherman Charles H., Butler John L. Transducers and Arrays for Underwater Sound. Springer, 2007, 610 p.
14. Lependin L.F. Akustika: ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov [Acoustics: proc. manual for schools]. Moscow: Vyssh. shkola, 1978, 448 p.
15. Isakovich M.A. Obshchaya akustika: ucheb. posobie [General acoustics: proc. Allowance]. Moscow: Nauka, 1973, 495 p.
16. Etter P.C. Underwater Acoustic Modeling: Principles, Techniques and Applications. E & FN Spon, 1996, 303 p.
17. Kolesnikov A.E. Akusticheskie izmereniya [Acoustic measurements]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1983, 256 p.
18. Bobber R.Dzh. Gidroakusticheskie izmereniya [Underwater electroacoustic measurements]. Moscow: Mir, 1974, 361 p.
19. Urick R.J. Principles of Underwater Sound, 3rd Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1983, 423 p.
20. Taranov E.S., Tyurin A.M., Stashkevich A.P. Gidroakusticheskie izmereniya v okeanalogii [Hydroacoustic measurements okeanalogy]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1972, 325 p.