|Article title||REALIZATION OF DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING IN SIMULATION SYSTEM OF MODELING THE AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLE OPERATION|
|Section||SECTION III. DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING AND SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||11, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||Realization of the distributed calculations when developing complex imitating model of functioning of the independent uninhabited submersible is described. The realization of distributed computing in the development of an integrated simulation model of autonomous underwater vehicle operations. Integrated simulation model is generated from simulation models that reproduce the functioning of autonomous underwater vehicle and its parts, depending on the environment, i.e. the marine environment and the availability of other facilities. Simulation models differ in repeatable processes and level of detail. The maximum degree of detail is provided by the literal reproduction of information processing algorithms in the onboard calculator. However, for most applications this degree of detail is superfluous, therefore more appropriate is the use of simulation models, which are the result of aggregating the more detailed models. The paper discusses various problems associated with the need of modeling the functioning of autonomous underwater vehicle, and the corresponding level of detail reproducible processes. This solves the problem of interaction of individual simulation models in the framework of a single integrated simulation model. The requirements to be met by the organization of interaction between the simulation models: independently, in parallel, simultaneously, with the universal exchange of information. As a solution to this problem of interaction simulation models it is proposed to use the distributed and parallel computing. In order to ensure their implementation developed are the approaches to their formation, described are the principles of the implementation of distributed computing, the positive aspects of their use are marked. Implementation of distributed and parallel computing has led to an acceleration of the computing process by overlapping computation, reduction in labor costs for the development of programs due to independence of their development, simplifying the error localization, use of common databases, the possibility of using the removed located computers, redistribution (if possible) of computing resources between computers. The use of distributed com-puting has allowed us to more effectively conduct the debugging in individual simulation models, significantly reduce the time for the formation of an integrated simulation model, organize less expensive computational process, promptly conduct research using simulation, which in turn led to a significant reduction in computing time for numerical experiments. On concrete examples showed are the benefits of using the distributed computing with the development of an integrated simulation model of the functioning of autonomous underwater vehicle.|
|Keywords||Parallel and distributed computing; simulation system; simulation model; aggregation; de-composition.|
|References||1. Avtonomnye podvodnye roboty. Sistemy i tekhnologii [Autonomous underwater robots. Sys-tems and technologies], ed. by Ageeva M.D. Moscow: Nauka, 2005, 398 p.
2. Inzartsev A.V. i dr. Primenenie avtonomnogo neobitaemogo podvodnogo apparata dlya nauchnykh issledovaniy v Arktike [The application of Autonomous underwater vehicle for scientific research in the Arctic], Podvodnye issledovaniya i robototekhnika [Underwater re-searches and robotics], 2007, No. 2 (4), pp. 5-14.
3. Gizitdinova M.R., Kuz'mitskiy M.A. Mobil'nye podvodnye roboty v sovremennoy okeanografii i gidrofizike [Mobile underwater robots in modern Oceanography and Hydrophysics], Fundamental'naya i prikladnaya gidrofizika [Fundamental and applied Hydrophysics], 2010, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 4-13.
4. Bozhenov Yu.A. Ispol'zovanie avtonomnykh neobitaemykh podvodnykh apparatov dlya issledovaniya Arktiki i Antarktiki [The use of Autonomous underwater vehicles for exploration of the Arctic and Antarctic], Fundamental'naya i prikladnaya gidrofizika [Fundamental and applied Hydrophysics], 2011, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 4-68.
5. Millar G., Mackay L. Maneuvering under the ice, Sea technology, 2015, Vol. 56, No. 4,
6. Illarionov G.Yu., Sidenko K.S., Bocharov L.Yu. Ugroza iz glubiny: XXI vek [Threat from the depths: the XXI century]. Khabarovsk: KGUP "Khabarovskaya kraevaya tipografiya", 2011, 304 p.
7. Belousov I. Sovremennye i perspektivnye neobitaemye podvodnye apparaty VMS SShA [Modern and perspective unmanned underwater vehicles, the US Navy], Zarubezhnoe voennoe obozrenie [Foreign military review], 2013, No. 5, pp. 79-88.
8. Viktorov R.V., Illarionov G.Yu., Kvashnin A.G. Dvoynoe primenenie avtonomnykh neobitaemykh podvodnykh apparatov tipa "REMUS" [Dual use Autonomous non-manned un-derwater vehicles such as "REMUS"], Dvoynye tekhnologii [Dual technology], 2010, No. 3, pp. 54-62.
9. Kuz'mitskiy M.A., Gizitdinova M.R. Mobil'nye podvodnye roboty v reshenii zadach VMF: Sovremennye tekhnologii i perspektivy [Mobile underwater robots in the tasks of the Navy: Modern technologies and perspectives], Fundamental'naya i prikladnaya gidrofizika [Funda-mental and applied Hydrophysics], 2011, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 37-48.
10. Kosyakov M.S. Vvedenie v raspredelennye vychisleniya [Introduction to distributed computting]. St. Petersburg: NIU ITMO, 2014, 155 p.
11. Brodskiy Yu.I. Model'nyy sintez i model'no-orientirovannoe programmirovanie kak tekhnologiya realizatsii imitatsionnykh modeley slozhnykh mnogokomponentnykh sistem, s orientatsiey na parallel'nye i raspredelennye vychisleniya [Model synthesis and model-oriented programming technology implementation of simulation models of complex multicomponent systems, with a focus on parallel and distributed computing], Materialy konferentsii «Imitatsionnoe modelirovanie. Teoriya i praktika». IMMOD-2013 [Materials of the conference "simulation. Theory and practice". IMMOD-2013]. Kazan': Izd-vo «Fen» Akademii nauk RT, 2013, Vol. 1, pp. 114-118.
12. Brodskiy Yu.I. Raspredelennoe imitatsionnoe modelirovanie slozhnykh system [Distributed simulation of complex systems]. Moscow: VTs RAN, 2010, 156 p.
13. Buslenko N.P. Modelirovanie slozhnykh system [Modeling of complex systems]. Moscow: Nauka, 1978, 400 p.
14. Vavilov D.V. Agregirovanie i vzaimodeystvie modeley v programmnykh instrumental'nykh sredstvakh imitatsionnogo modelirovaniya [The aggregation and interaction of models in soft-ware tools for simulation modeling], Materialy konferentsii «Imitatsionnoe modelirovanie. Teoriya i praktika». IMMOD-2007 [Materials of the conference "simulation. Theory and prac-tice". IMMOD-2007.], pp. 38-41.
15. Vavilov D.V., Rykov V.V. Agregirovanie i vzaimodeystvie imitatsionnykh modeley [The ag-gregation and interaction of simulation models], Sb. dokladov konferentsii «Sostoyanie, problemy i perspektivy razrabotki korabel'nykh informatsionno-upravlyayushchikh kompleksov» [The proceedings of the conference "State, problems and prospects of development of shipborne information and control systems"]. Moscow: FGUP «NPO «Agat», 2005, pp. 38-41.
16. Davis Paul K. Exploratory analysis enabled by multiresolution, multiperspective modeling, Proceedings of the 2000 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 113-115.
17. Savin G.I. Sistemnoe modelirovanie slozhnykh protsessov [System modeling of complex pro-cesses]. Moscow: Fazis: VTs RAN, 2000, 276 p.
18. Chandy K.M., Lamport L. Distributed snapshots: determining global states of distributed sys-tems, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, 1985, No. 3 (1), pp. 63-75. '
19. Chandy K.M. Misra J. The Drinking Philosophers Problem ACM TOPLAS, 6:4. October 1984, pp. 632-646.
20. Charron-Bost B. Concerning the size of logical clocks in distributed systems, Information Processing Letters, 1991, No. 39, pp. 11-16.
21. Charron-Bost В., Tel G., Mattem F. Synchronous, asynchronous, and causally ordered com-munication, Distributed Computing, 1996, No. 9 (4), pp. 173-191.
22. Fidge C. Logical time in distributed computing systems, IEEE Computer, August 1991,
23. Fowler J., Zwaenepoel W. Causal distributed breakpoints, Proceeding: of the 10th International Conference on Distributed Computing System, 1990, pp. 134-141.
24. Mattern F. Virtual time and global states of distributed systems, Proceedings of die Parallel and Distributed Algorithms Conference. North-Holland, 1988, pp. 215-226.
25. Raymond K. Tree-based algorithm for distributed mutual exclusion, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, 1989, No. 7, pp. 61-77.
26. Raynal M. A simple taxonomy of distributed mutual exclusion algorithms, Operating Systems Review, 1991, No. 25 (2), pp. 47-50.
27. Ricart G., Agrawala A.K. An optimal algorithm for mutual exclusion in computer networks, Communications of die ACM, 1981, No. 24 (1), pp. 9-17.