|Article title||THE METHOD OF SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF THE DISTRIBUTION OF GOALS IN THE GROUP OF UAVS BY NETWORK-CENTRIC CONTROL SYSTEM|
|Authors||I.A. Kalyaev, S.G. Kapustyan, L.Z. Usachev|
|Section||SECTION III. DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING AND SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||12, 2016 @en|
|Abstract||The aim of the study is to improve the efficiency of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) by using them in group. Using the network-centric principles of information exchange between UAVs of the group can significantly extend the range of tasks to be solved with the use of mobile robots, including UAVs. Model example of the UAVs group application is the task of monitoring the vast territories and search for various objects. Given is the formal statement of the problem of distribu-tion of a certain set of scan areas between the UAV group so that to minimize the scan time. It is proposed to solve this problem by dividing it into three sub-tasks and solving them step by step. First, determined is the number of UAVs required to scan each area, and then distributed is the scanning area between the UAVs of group and finally the strips of scanning are distributed, on which each area is divided, between the UAV subgroups assigned to scan this area. The last two sub-tasks can be reduced to the classical problem of appointments and for their solving may be used the same algorithm, for example, Hungarian algorithm or its various modifications. The ap-proach proposed in the article allows solving the problem of distribution of targets (scan areas) between the UAVs of the group by control devices of separate UAVs, combined by communication channels in computer networks and is applicable for solving a variety of different classes of tasks in groups of UAVs. At that the proposed method of solving the problem of the distribution of scan areas allows minimizing the possible intersection of UAVs trajectories and reducing the probability of collision between UAVs. For experimental studies of the proposed approach by methods of computer simulation developed was the simulation software model of functioning of groups of UAVs when solving the scanning tasks of prescribed areas. The simulation results confirm the efficiency of the proposed approach and show that it is possible to get close to the optimal variant of the distribution of scan areas between UAVs group from the viewpoint of minimizing the total time-consuming and providing the security of moving of UAVs to targets.|
|Keywords||UAVs group; distribution of targets; network-centric system; group control system; method; algorithm; simulation model.|
|References||1. Sokolov V.B., Teryaev E.D. Bespilotnye letatel'nye apparaty: nekotorye voprosy razvitiya i primeneniya (obzor po materialam publikatsiy v Internete) [Drones: some questions of devel-opment and application (review of the published materials on the Internet)], Mekhatronika, Avtomatizatsiya, Upravlenie [Mechatronics, Automation, Control], 2008, No. 2, pp. 12-23.
2. Bozhko N.A., Bakhovchuk A.M., Myt'ko L.R. Primenenie bespilotnykh letatel'nykh appa-ratov pri proektirovanii i soderzhanii avtomobil'nykh dorog [The use of unmanned aerial vehicles in the design and maintenance of roads], Nauka – obrazovaniyu, proizvodstvu, ekonomike : Materialy 13-y Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [Science – education, production, economy: Materials of 13th International scientific and technical conference], 2015, No. 3, pp. 60.
3. Poltavskiy A.V., Zhumabaeva A.S., Bikeev R.R. Mnogofunktsional'nye kompleksy bes-pilotnykh letatel'nykh apparatov: Razvitie v sisteme vooruzheniya [Multifunctional complexes of unmanned aerial vehicles, the Development of weapons systems], Nadezhnost' i kachestvo slozhnykh system [Reliability and quality of complex systems], 2016, No. 1 (13), pp. 39-46.
4. Prisyazhnyuk S.P. Bespilotnye letatel'nye apparaty v lesopromyshlennom komplekse: vozmozhnosti novykh tekhnologiy [Unmanned aerial vehicles in the timber industry: new technologies], Geoinformatika. Spetsial'nyy vypusk [Geoinformatics. Special edition], 2012, No. 1, pp. 6-11.
5. Savin I.Yu., Vernyuk Yu.I., Faraslis I. Vozmozhnosti ispol'zovaniya bespilotnykh letatel'nykh apparatov dlya monitoringa produktivnosti pochv [The possibility of using unmanned aerial vehicles to monitor the productivity of soils], Byulleten' Pochvennogo instituta im.
V.V. Dokuchaeva [Bulletin of Soil Institute. V. V. Dokuchaev], 2015, No. 80, pp. 95-106.
6. Tsarichenko S.G., Rodinchenko N.S. Bespilotnye letatel'nye apparaty, kak sredstvo povysheniya effektivnosti operativno-takticheskoy deyatel'nosti pozharno-spasatel'nykh podrazdeleniy [Unmanned aerial vehicles as a means to increasing the efficiency of tactical activity of fire and rescue units], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2015, No. 1 (162), pp. 14-24.
7. Puri A., Valavanis K.P., Kontitsis M. Statistical Profile Generation for Traffic Monitoring Using Real-time UAV based Video Data, Control & Automation, 2007. MED'07. Mediterranean Conference on. IEEE, 2007, pp. 1-6.
8. Gayduk A.R., Kapustyan S.G., Merkulov V.I., Besklubova K.V. Gruppovoe upravlenie BLA [Group control UAV], Informatsionno-izmeritel'nye i upravlyayushchie sistemy [Information-measuring and control system], 2014, No. 11, pp. 24-36.
9. Chandra R.S., Breheny S.H., D’Andrea R. Antenna array synthesis with clusters of unmanned aerial vehicles, Automatica, 2008, No. 44, pp. 1976-1984.
10. Franchi A., Secchi C., Ryll M., Bulthoff H.H. & Giordano P.R. Shared control: Balancing au-tonomy and human assistance with a group of quadrotor UAVs, Robotics & Automation Mag-azine, IEEE, 2012, Vol. 19 (3), pp. 57-68.
11. Kingston D., Beard R.W., Holt R.S. Decentralized perimeter surveillance using a team of UAVs, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2008, No. 24, pp. 1394-1404.
12. Casbeer D.W. [et al.]. Forest fire monitoring with multiple small UAVs, Proceedings of the 2005 American Control Conference, 2005, pp. 3530-3535.
13. Spry S.C., Girard A.R., Hedrick J.K. Convoy Protection using Multiple Unmanned Aerial Ve-hicles: Organization and Coordination, Proc. of the 24th American Control Conference, Port-land, OR., June 2005.
14. Tonetti, S., Hehn, M., Lupashin, S., D'Andrea, R. Distributed control of antenna array with formation of UAVs, In World Congress, 2011, August, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 7848-7853.
15. Chung J. Cooperative Control of UAVs Using a Single Master Subsystem for Multi-task Multi-target Operations, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2015, Vol. 345, pp. 193-212.
16. Merkulov V.I., Samodov I.O. Issledovanie effektivnosti kollektivnogo upravleniya bespilotnymi letatel'nymi apparatami v sostave lokal'noy seti [Study of the effectiveness of collective management of unmanned aerial vehicles as part of the local network], Informatsionno-izmeritel'nye i upravlyayushchie sistemy [Information-measuring and control system], 2014, No. 3, pp. 39-42.
17. Verba V.S., Merkulov V.I., Sadovskiy P.A. Gruppovoe upravlenie bespilotnymi letatel'nymi apparatami. Vozmozhnosti i ogranicheniya [Group control of unmanned summer-tive devices. Possibilities and limitations], Polet [Flight], 2015, No. 8, 9, pp. 16-23.
18. Trifonov A.G. Postanovka zadachi optimizatsii i chislennye metody ee resheniya [Formulation of optimization problem and numerical methods of its solution], SoftLine So. Free access mode: http://matlab.exponenta.ru/optimiz/book_2/ index.php (accessed 25 August 2016).
19. Usachev L.Zh., D'yachenko A.A. Sposob formirovaniya stroya v gruppe BLA [A method of forming a system in the group blah BLAH], Materialy konferentsii "Upravlenie v tekhnicheskikh, ergaticheskikh, organizatsionnykh i setevykh sistemakh" (UTEOSS-2012) [Ma-terials of the conference "Control in technical, ergatic, organizational and network systems" (UTEOS-2012)]. St. Petersburg: GNTs RF OAO "Kontsern "TsNII "Elektropribor", 2012,
20. Usachev L.Zh., Ivanov D.Ya. Vybor tseley dvizheniya pri izmenenii stroya v gruppe BLA [The choice of the objectives of the movement when you change the system in the group blah BLAH], XII Vserossiyskoe soveshchanie po problemam upravleniya VSPU-2014. Moskva,
16-19 iyunya 2014 g.: Trudy [XII all-Russian meeting on control problems VCPU-2014. Mos-cow, June 16-19, 2014: Proceedings]. Moscow: Institut problem upravleniya im.
V.A. Trapeznikova RAN, 2014, pp. 2015-2020. ISBN 978-5-91450-151-5. Number of state registration: 0321401153.