|Article title||PATH PLANNING AND CONTROL OF VEHICLES IN 3D ENVIRONMENT USING UNSTABLE MODES|
|Authors||V.Kh. Pshikhopov, M.Yu. Medvedev|
|Section||SECTION VI. MANAGEMENT SYSTEM|
|Month, Year||01-02, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The article considers the problem of control vehicle in the uncertain three-dimensional envi-ronment with moving and fixed obstacles. Two level control system is proposed. The high level is responsible for the path planning. The low level is responsible for development of a given trajectory. The problem of path planning is divided into a planning task and practicing global trajectories of missions and the problem of local planning obstacles. The global trajectory planning is based on a priori information about the environment and the starting and ending points of the path. Local trajectory corrects the global path in case of obstacles that are missing from the map. Proposed control system carrying out performing of the global trajectory at the regulatory level, and bypass obstacles using the unstable modes. Also a hybrid system is developed. The hybrid system performs the obstacle avoidance by the use of unstable modes on the lower level. On the upper level of the hybrid system an intelligent algorithm determines the desired direction of bypass. The analysis of ways of introducing unstable modes is developed. It is shown that the use of complex roots of the characteristic equation of the closed-loop system allows for movement in an unstable mode in a given direction. Procedure of the real and the imaginary parts of the roots calculation is proposed. This procedure depends on the initial conditions at the time of detection of obstacles. The results of numerical simulation on example control system of hexacopter are presented. The simulation is performed for the scene with a cylindrical moving obstacles and for complex scenes with moving and stationary obstacles of the type cylinder and the wall. It is shown that for complex scenes the effectiveness of the method based on the unstable modes is significantly lower than the efficiency of the hybrid method that uses a heuristic procedure determining the direction of movement of the movable object. In conclusion, comparative evaluation of the proposed method with existing methods and approaches is performed.|
|Keywords||Movement planning; vehicle; unstable mode; undetermined environment; hybrid control.|
|References||1. Jean-Claude Latombe. Robot Motion Planning. Kluwer Academic Press, 1991.
2. Steven LaValle. Planning Algorithms. Cambridge University Press, 2006.
3. Bruno Siciliano and Oussama Khatib (Eds.). Springer Handbook of Robotics. Springer, 2008.
4. Howie Choset, Kevin M. Lynch, Seth Hutchinson, George Kantor, Wolfram Burgard, Lydia E. Kavraki and Sebastian Thrun. Principles of Robot Motion – Theory, Algorithms, and Imple-mentations. MIT Press, 2005.
5. Duan H., Qiao P. Pigeon-inspired optimization: A new swarm intelligence optimizer for air robot path planning, International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Cybernetics, 2014, Vol. 7 (1), pp. 24-37.
6. Schulman J., Duan Y., Ho J., Lee A., Awwal I., Bradlow H., Pan J., Patil S., Goldberg K., Abbeel P. Motion planning with sequential convex optimization and convex collision checking, International Journal of Robotics Research, 2014, Vol. 33 (9), pp. 1251-1270.
7. Montiel O., Orozco-Rosas U., Sepúlveda R. Path planning for mobile robots using Bacterial Potential Field for avoiding static and dynamic obstacles, Expert Systems with Applications, 2015, Vol. 42 (12), pp. 5177-5191.
8. Khatib O. Real-Time Obstacles Avoidance for Manipulators and Mobile Robots, Int. Journal of Robotics Research, 1986, Vol. 5. (1), pp. 90-98.
9. Hoy M., Matveev, A.S., Savkin, A.V. Algorithms for collision-free navigation of mobile robots in complex cluttered environments: A survey, Robotica, 2015, Vol. 33 (3), pp. 463-497.
10. Mac T.T., Copot C., Tran D.T., De Keyser R. Heuristic approaches in robot path planning:
A survey, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2016, Vol. 86, pp. 13-28.
11. Beloglazov D.A., Guzik V.F., Kosenko E.Yu., et al. Intellektual'noe planirovanie traektoriy podvizhnykh ob"ektov v sredakh s prepyatstviyami [Intelligent planning of vehicles path in the environment with obstacles], ed. by V.Kh. Pshikhopova. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2014, 300 p. ISBN 978-5-9221-1595-7.
12. Pshikhopov V., Medvedev M., Gaiduk A., Neydorf R., Belyaev V., Fedorenko R., Krukhmalev V. Mathematical model of robot on base of airship, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2013, pp. 959-964.
13. Pshikhopov V.Kh., Medvedev M.Yu. Upravlenie podvizhnymi ob"ektami v opredelennykh i neopredelennykh sredakh [Mobile object control in definite and indefinite environments]. Moscow: Nauka, 2011, 350 p. ISBN 978-5-02-037509-3.
14. Pshikhopov V., Medvedev M., Gaiduk A., Belyaev V., Fedorenko R., Krukhmalev V. Position-trajectory control system for robot on base of airship, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2013, pp. 3590-3595.
15. Pshikhopov V., Medvedev M., Gaiduk A., Kolesnikov A. Control Method for Heterogeneous Vehicle Groups Control in Obstructed 2-D Environments, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2016, Vol. 9812, pp. 40-47.
16. Pshikhopov V., Medvedev M., Kolesnikov A., Fedorenko R., and Gurenko B. Decentralized Control of a Group of Homogeneous Vehicles in Obstructed Environment, Journal of Control Science and Engineering Volume, Article ID 7192371. 2016.
17. Pshikhopov V.Kh., Ali A.S. Hybrid motion control of a mobile robot in dynamic environments, IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics, ICM 2011: Proceedings, 2011, pp. 540-545.
18. Pshikhopov V.Kh. Attraktory i repellery v konstruirovanii sistem upravleniya podvizhnymi ob"ektami [Attractors and repellers in design of mobile object control systems], Izvestiya TRTU [Izvestiya TSURE], 2006, No. 3 (58), pp. 117-123.
19. Pshikhopov V.Kh., Ali A.S. Obkhod lokal'nykh minimumov funktsii oshibki pri dvizhenii robota v neopredelennoy srede [Avoidance of local minima of error function during robot motion in indefinite environment], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Severo-Kavkazskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Proceedings of the Universities of The North-Caucasian Region, Technical sciences], 2011, No. 6 (164), pp. 26-31.
20. Khatib O. Real-time obstacle avoidance for manipulators and mobile robots, IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, 1985, pp. 500-505.