|Article title||ACCURACY IMPROVEMENT IN THE CAPACITANCE PRESSURE SENSORS FOR AEROSPACE ENGINEERING|
|Authors||S.A. Kuzin, P.A. L’vov, A.A. L’vov, M.S. Svetlov|
|Section||SECTION I. INFORMATION-MEASURING SYSTEM|
|Month, Year||03, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The paper describes new capacitance sensors of absolute and excess pressure used in aero-nautical and space engineering and satisfying the requirements of the import substitution program. The method of measurement accuracy improvement of modern digital smart capacitance pressure sensors based on the use of the new signal conditioner when the measuring transducer and reference capacitance are included in the alternative current loop circuit and digital sampled signal processing by the maximum likelihood approach. Unlike the conventional technique of signal conditioner construction for resistor sensors, which uses the constant current loop circuit, it is proposed to apply the alternative current oscillator as the reference signal source. The mathemat-ical model of the system consisting of sensitive transducer and signal conditioner is considered. It is shown how one can avoid meeting the rigid requirements to the current source as well as used operational amplifiers due to model meshing. The estimation problem of unknown parameters of the mathematical model obtained is reduced by variable substitution to the solution of linear equa-tion set with bilinear contingencies on the new variables. The expressions for sensor mathematical model unknown parameters estimators based on the iteration procedure are given. The obtained estimates have all optimal features of maximum likelihood estimators. The paper discusses the advantages of the proposed method, among which are the high measurement accuracy and sensi-tivity of the sensor, as well as a simpler design of signal conditioner and a relatively low cost of the whole sensor. The comparative analysis of the achievable measuring accuracy of the suggested method and two known classic methods using the computer simulation is presented. It is shown that the accuracy of the new sensor by approximately one order exceeds the accuracy of existing analogues currently produced.|
|Keywords||Digital smart sensor; capacitance pressure sensor; alternative current loop circuit; signal conditioner; optimal estimation; maximum likelihood method.|
|References||1. Ash Zh. s soavtorami. Datchiki izmeritel'nykh sistem: per. s frants [Sensors measuring systems: translated from French: translated from French]. In 2 vol. Moscow: Mir, 1992, Vol. 1, 480 p. Vol. 2, 424 p.
2. Kneller V.Yu. Preobrazovanie fizicheskikh velichin: spetsifika, svyazi s drugimi protsessami, puti resheniya osnovnykh zadach [Conversion of physical quantities: specificity, communication with other processes, solutions to major problems], Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors and systems], 2007, No. 12, pp. 58-67.
3. Vinogradov M.A. Programmiruemye formirovateli signalov mostovykh datchikov [Program-mable signal conditioning bridge sensor], Komponenty i tekhnologii [Components and tech-nologies], 2008, No. 4, pp. 44-50.
4. Trostnikov D.A., Zhuk V.I. Datchiki davleniya: printsipy raboty i opyt ekspluatatsii [Pressure sensors: principles of operation and operating experience], Energetika i TEK [Power and ener-gy], 2008, No. 7-8, pp. 67-69.
5. Preethichandra D.M., Shida K. A Simple Interface Circuit to Measure Very Small Capacitance Changes in Capacitive Sensors, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 2001, Vol. 50, No. 6, pp. 1583-1586.
6. Peng K.H., Uang C.M. The Temperature Compensation of the Silicon Piezo-Resistive Pressure Sensor Using the Half-Bridge Technique, Reliability, Testing, and Characterization of MEMS/MOEMS III, Proceedings of SPIE, 2004, Vol. 5343, pp. 292-301.
7. Meijer G.C.M., de Jong P.C. A High-Temperature Electronic System for Pressure-Transducers, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 2000, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 365-370.
8. Anderson K.F. The New Current Loop: An Instrumentation and Measurement Circuit Topology, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 1997, No. 10, pp. 11-19.
9. L'vov A.A., Pyl'skiy V.A. Lineynaya petlevaya skhema tochnoy obrabotki signalov datchikov [Linear loop diagram of the accurate processing of sensor signals,] Vestnik SGTU [Vestnik Sa-ratov State Technical University], 2004, No. 2 (3), pp. 102-113.
10. Gureev V.V., L’vov A.A., Pyl’skiy V.A. Improvement of the Current Loop Circuit for AC and DC Applications Based on Digital Signal Processing, Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technologies Conference, Sorrento, Italy, 2006, pp. 1257-1261.
11. L’vov, A. L’vov P., Konovalov R. Improvement of Piezoresistive Pressure Sensor Accuracy by Means of Current Loop Circuit Using Optimal Digital Signal Processing, Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE North West Russia Section Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engi-neering Conference (2016 ElConRusNW), St. Peterburg, Russia, 2016, pp. 279-282.
12. Kotyuk A.F. Datchiki v sovremennykh izmereniyakh [Sensors in modern measurements]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 2006, 230 p.
13. Polyakov A.V., Polyakov V.B., Odintsov M.A. Perspektivnye kvartsevye p'ezorezonansnye datchiki davleniya [Prospective piezoresonance quartz pressure sensors], Komponenty i tekhnologii [Components and technologies], 2011, No. 1, pp. 18-20.
14. Konovalov R.S., L'vov P.A., L'vov A.A. Povyshenie tochnosti vysokotemperaturnykh emkost-nykh datchikov absolyutnogo davleniya [Improving the accuracy of high-temperature capacitive absolute pressure sensors], Problemy upravleniya, obrabotki i peredachi informatsii (UOPI-2015): sb. tr. IV Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. [Problems of management, processing and transmission of information (WOPI-2015): proceedings of the IV International scientific con-ference]: in 2 vol. Vol. 2. Saratov: Izd. dom «Rayt-Ekspo», 2015, pp. 136-142.
15. Konovalov R.S., L'vov A.A. Vysokotemperaturnye datchiki davleniya [High temperature pressure sensors], Trudy Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma «Nadezhnost' i kachestvo» [Proceedings of the International Symposium "Reliability and quality"]: in 2 vol. Vol. 2, 2014, pp. 48-50.
16. Nikolaenko A.Yu., L'vov A.A., L'vov P.A. Kompensatsiya temperaturnoy pogreshnosti intel-lektual'nykh datchikov davleniya [Compensation of temperature error of intelligent pressure sensors], Trudy Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma «Nadezhnost' i kachestvo» [Proceedings of the International Symposium "Reliability and quality"]: in 2 vol. Vol. 2, 2014, pp. 57-59.
17. Andersson T., Händel P. IEEE Standard 1057, Cramér–Rao Bound and the Parsimony Princi-ple, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 2006, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 44-53.
18. Händel P. Properties of the IEEE-STD-1057 Four-Parameter Sine Wave Fit Algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurements, 2000, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 1189-1193.
19. Repin V.G., Tartakovskiy G.P. Statisticheskiy sintez v usloviyakh apriornoy neopredelennosti i adaptatsiya informatsionnykh system [Statistical synthesis under conditions of a priori uncer-tainty and adaptation of information systems]. Moscow: Sov. radio, 1977, 242 p.
20. L’vov A.A., L’vov P.A., Konovalov R.S., Kuzin S.A. The Use of Current Loop Circuit as a Signal Conditioner for High Accuracy Digital Piezoresistive Pressure Sensors, Proceedings of the International scientific and technical conference "Dynamics of system, mechanisms and ma-chines" (Dynamics), Omsk State Technical University, Omsk, Russia, 2016, pp. 315-319.