|Article title||THE NONLINEAR CONTROL SYSTEM DESIGN FOR ROBOTIC OMNI-WHEEL DRIVE PLATFORM|
|Authors||A.A. Sklyarov, T.E. Pohilina|
|Section||SECTION II. INTELLIGENT DECISION SUPPORT AND CONTROL|
|Month, Year||03, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||This paper presents a new approach to the nonlinear control system design for robotic omni-wheel drive platform. The omni-wheel drive platform is chosen as controlled object because among the others this type of unmanned vehicle is the most maneuverable, designed to work in closed spaces such as warehouses, hangars and etc. The platform has the shape of a triangle. The wheels of platform are located at an angle of 120 degrees, whose axes pass through the center of the vehicle. The design allows moving loads in a closed space. The paper gives an overview of modern methods and approaches to the control of the omni-wheels robotic platform. The problems of platform control are highlighted; in particular showed is that the application of methods and approaches based on linearization methods of the nonlinear system makes the robotic system lim-ited to certain local control algorithms. Therefore, the paper provides an explanation of using new non-linear approaches to the management of mobile robots, in particular, the synergetic control theory. The main method of the synergetic control theory is the method of analytical construction of aggregated regulators (ACAR), which allows synthesizing control laws for complex nonlinear systems of large dimension without the use of linearization procedures or other simplifications; therefore, this method is used to synthesize the synergetic control law of a mobile robot. The re-sulting control law takes into account the non-linear properties of the model of the mobile omni-wheels robotic platform, so this control strategy ensures the asymptotic stability of the close-loop system. The verification of the obtained system was made by computer simulation. The simulation results confirm that in the synthesized close-loop system, movement of the mobile robot to a given point of the working plane with a given orientation angle of the platform is provided.|
|Keywords||Robotic platform; Omni-wheel drive; Mobile robot; Synergetic control theory; Omni-directional movement.|
|References||1. Aliseychik A.P. Mekhanika i upravlenie dvizheniem: avtoref. dis. … kand. fiz.-mat. nauk [Me-chanics and traffic control: autoabstract cand. of eng. sc. diss.]: 01.02.01. Moscow: Inst. prikl. mat. im. M.V. Keldysha Ros. akad. nauk, 2013, 18 p.
2. Pavlovskiy V.E., Shishkanov D.V. Issledovanie dinamiki i sintez upravleniya kolesnymi apparatami s izbytochnoy podvizhnost'yu [The study of dynamics and control synthesis wheeled vehicles with excessive movement], Preprint IPM im. M.V. Keldysha RAN [Preprint IPM im. MV Keldysh], 2006, No. 12, 28 p.
3. Diegel O., Badve A., Bright G. Improved Mecanum Wheel Design for Omni-directional Robots, Proc. 2002 Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation (ARAA-2002). Auckland, 2002, pp. 117-121.
4. Hillery M. Omni-Directional Vehcile (ODV) by the U.S. Navy. Available at: http://www.arrickrobotics.com/robomenu/odv.html (accessed 10 May 2016).
5. Orlando Business Journal article Omnics' wheel of fortune rolls into production by Chad Eric Watt, 31 May 2002.
6. KUKA Roboter GmbH KUKA OMNIMOVE. Available at: URL http://www.kuka-omnimove.com/en/ (accessed 10 May 2016).
7. Martynenko Yu.G., Formal'skiy A.M. O dvizhenii mobil'nogo robota s rolikonesushchimi kolesami [On the motion of a mobile robot with wheels relicensure], Izvestiya RAN. Teoriya i sistemy upravleniya [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Theory and control systems], 2007, No. 6, pp. 142-149.
8. Borisov, A.V., Kilin A.A., Mamaev I.S. Telezhka s omnikolesami na ploskosti i sfere [Truck with animalname on a plane and a sphere], Nelineynaya dinamika [Nonlinear dynamics], 2011, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 785-801.
9. Kampion, G., Basten Zh., D’Andrea-Novel' B. Strukturnye svoystva i klassifikatsiya kinematicheskikh i dinamicheskikh modeley kolesnykh mobil'nykh robotov [Structural proper-ties and classification of kinematic and dynamic models of wheeled mobile robots], Nelineynaya dinamika [Nonlinear dynamics], 2011, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 733-769.
10. Nagy T.K., D'Andrea R., Ganguly P. [et. al.]. Near-optimal dynamic trajectory generation and control of an omnidirectional vehicle, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2004, Vol. 47 (1), pp. 47-64.
11. Nagy T.K., Ganguly P., D'Andrea R. Real-time trajectory generation for omni-directional ve-hicle, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, 2002, pp. 286-291.
12. Samani H.A., Abdollahi A., Ostadi H. [et. al.]. Design and development of a comprehensive omni directional soccer player robot, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 2004, Vol. 1 (3), pp. 191-200.
13. Watanabe K., Shiraishi Y. [et. al.]. Feedback control of an omnidirectional autonomous platform for mobile service robots, J. Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 1998, Vol. 22, pp. 315-330.
14. Liu, Y., Zhu J.J., Williams R.L. II [et. al.]. Omni-directional mobile robot controller based on trajectory linearization, Robotics and autonomous systems, 2008, Vol. 56, pp. 461-479.
15. Kolesnikov A.A. Sinergeticheskaya teoriya upravleniya [Synergetic control theory]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1994, 344 p.
16. Burdakov S.F., Miroshnik I.V., Stel'makov R.E. Sistemy upravleniya dvizheniem kolesnykh robotov. Seriya «Analiz i sintez nelineynykh sistem» [The motion control system of wheeled robots. Series "Analysis and synthesis of nonlinear systems"]. Saint Petersburg: Nauka, 2001, 227 p.
17. Klilir P.F., Neiunan C.P. Kinematic modeling of wheeled mobile robots, J. Robotic Systms, 1987, No. 4, pp. 340.
18. Velasco-Villa, M., del-Muro-Cuellar B., Alvarez-Aguirre A. Smith-predictor compensator for a delayed omnidirectional mobile robot, Proceedings of the 15th Mediterranean Conference on control & Automation, Athene-Greece, 2007.
19. Vazques J.A., Velasco-Villa M. Path-Tracking Dynamical Model Based Control of an Omnidi-rectional Mobile Robot, Proceedings of the 17th World Congress “The International Federation of Automatic Control”, 2008, pp. 5365-5373.
20. Huang H.C., Tsai C.C. Adaptive Trajectory Tracking and Stabilization for Omnidirectional Mobile Robot with Dynamic Effect and Uncertainties, Proceedings of the 17th World Congress “The International Federation of Automatic Control”, 2008, pp. 5383-5388.
21. Zobova A.A., Tatarinov Ya.V. Dinamika ekipazha s rolikonesushchimi kolesami [The dynamics of the crew relicensing wheels], Prikladnaya matematika i mekhanika [Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics], 2009, No. 73, pp. 13-22.
22. Nguen N.M. Razrabotka matematicheskoy modeli pogruzochno-razgruzochnogo ustroystva s vsenapravlennymi kolesami [Development of a mathematical model of loading and unloading devices with Omni-directional wheels], Trudy MAI [Transactions of the Moscow aviation In-stitute], 2012, No. 58, 22 p.
23. Andreev A.S., Kudashova E.A., Rakov S.Yu. Sintez nepreryvnogo i kusochno-postoyannogo upravleniya dvizhenie kolesnogo mobil'nogo robota [Synthesis of continuous and piecewise constant control the movement of wheeled mobile robot ], Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik Povolzh'ya [Scientific and technical Volga region Bulletin], 2014, No. 5, pp. 97-100.
24. Andreev A.S., Kudashova E.A. O modelirovanii struktury upravleniya dlya kolesnogo robota s omni-kolesami [On modeling control structure for a wheeled robot with Omni-wheels], Avtomatizatsiya protsessov upravleniya [Automation of control processes], 2015, No. 2,
25. Kolesnikov A.A. Sinergeticheskaya kontseptsiya sistemnogo sinteza: edinstvo protsessov samoorganizatsii i upravleniya [Synergetic concept of system synthesis: the unity of the pro-cesses of self-organization and management], Izvestiya TRTU [Izvestiya of TSURE], 2006, No. 6 (61), pp. 10-38.