|Article title||DEVELOPMENT OF ACTIVE SUPPRESSION METHODS OF HURRICANES ON STAGE THEIR ORIGIN AND DEVELOPMENT|
|Authors||V.N. Gridin, A.P. Smakhtin|
|Section||SECTION II. INTELLIGENT DECISION SUPPORT AND CONTROL|
|Month, Year||03, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The destructive tropical cyclones in its negative impact on the environment is comparable to natural disasters such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, wildfires and floods. The main destruc-tive tropical cyclones occur in the United States shores, Mexico, Cuba, Japan, China, the Philip-pines and the Far East of the Russian Federation. Every year they lead to loss of many lives and billions of US dollars. At present, an absence of an adequate physical model of tropical cyclones does not allow to successfully struggle against these disasters. Nowadays the population is warned about possible disasters for the purpose of timely evacuation to safe areas with the use of areas monitoring of origin and development of destructive tropical cyclones. The physical and mathemati-cal models presented in given paper allow estimating the characteristic time of one turn of a tropical whirlwind. Comparison of the received estimated sizes of the period of rotation of a tropical cyclone on an example of cyclone Olivia has shown quite good conformity to experimentally measured size of its period of rotation. This result is reliable confirming of adequacy using models of the tropical cyclones intensification to the studied natural phenomenon. With an eye to a key role, which the atmospheric electricity plays in the mechanism of promotion of an initial atmospheric whirlwind, it is possible with sufficient degree of confidence to speak about a possibility of creation of effective practical methods for suppression of destructive tropical cyclones on their initial stage. One of existing in space technology electro-rocket engines may serve as a prototype of the offered electro-charging arrangement. For example, the pulse plasma trustor (PPT) may be selected.|
|Keywords||Atmospheric electricity; magneto-hydrodynamic rotation; Z- and Ѳ pinch; artificial electrical atmospheric discharge.|
|References||1. Adzhiev A.Kh., Kupovich G.V. Atmosferno-elektricheskie yavleniya na Severnom Kavkaze [Atmospheric-electric phenomena in the North Caucasus]. Taganrog, 2004, 122 p.
2. Minina L.S. Praktika nefanaliza [The practice of nephanalysis]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1970, 336 p.
3. Kerry A. Emanuel. The Theory of Hurricanes, Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech., 1991, Vol. 23,
4. Vonnegut B. Electrical Theory of Tornadoes, Journal of Geophysical Research, 1960, Vol. 65, No. 1, pp. 203-212.
5. Krasilnikov E. Electromagnetohydrodynamic Nature of Tropical Cyclones, Hurricanes, and Tornadoes, Journal of Geophysical Research, 1997, Vol. 102, No. D12, pp. 13,571-13,580.
6. Krasilnikov E.Yu. Electromagnetohydrodynamic Intensification Mechanism of Tropical and Extratropical Cyclones, Hurricanes and Tornadoes and Method of their Prevention, 7th PAMIR International Conference on Fundamental and Applied MHD, Presqu´île de Giens - France, September 8-12, 2008.
7. Gridin V., Krasilnikov E. Suppression of powerful clouds and prevention of destructive tropical and extra-tropical cyclones, severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, and catastrophic floods, The International Emergency Management Society, 9-th Annual Conference Proceedings. Canada, 2002, pp. 354-366.
8. Boev A.G. O vrashchenii tropicheskogo tsiklona [On the rotation of a tropical cyclon], Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Plazmennaya elektronika i novye metody uskoreniya [Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Plasma electronics and new acceleration methods], 2010, No. 4, pp. 193-198.
9. Shlikhting G. Teoriya pogranichnogo sloya [The theory of the boundary layer]. Moscow: Nauka, 1974, 712 p.
10. Bondur V.G., Krapivin V.F., Savinykh V.P. Monitoring i prognozirovanie prirodnykh katastrof [Monitoring and forecasting of natural disasters]. Moscow: Nauchnyy mir, 2009, 692 p.
11. Bondur V.G., Krapivin V.F. Kosmicheskiy monitoring tropicheskikh tsiklonov [Satellite moni-toring of tropical cyclones]. Moscow: Nauchnyy mir, 2009, 506 p.
12. Erokhin N.S., Zol'nikova N.N., Mikhaylovskaya L.A. K teorii elektromagnitnykh indikatorov tropicheskikh tsiklonov [On the theory of electromagnetic indicators of tropical cyclones]. Moscow: Institut kosmichekikh issledovaniy RAN, 1996, 28 p.
13. Golitsyn G.G. Uragany, polyarnye i tropicheskie, ikh energiya i razmery, kolichestvennyy kriteriy vozniknoveniya [Hurricanes, polar and tropical, their energy and size, a quantitative criterion for the occurrence of], Izvestiya RAN. Fizika atmosfery i okeana [Izvestiya, Atmos-pheric and Oceanic Physics], 2008, Vol. 44, No. 5, pp. 579-590.
14. Boyarevich V.V., Freyberg Ya.Zh., Shilova E.I., Shcherbinin E.V. Elektrovikhrevye techeniya [See currents.]. Riga: Zinatne, 1985, 315 p.
15. Black P.G., Black R.A. Electrical Activity of the Hurricane, Preprints. 23rd Conf. on Radar Meteorol. And Conf. on Cloud Physics, American Meteorology Society, Snowmass, CO, Boston, Mass., 1986, 57 p.
16. Beryulev G.P., Volkov V.V., Litinetskiy A.V. i dr. Meteorologicheskie aspekty issledovatel'skikh poletov v uraganakh [Meteorological aspects of research flights in hurricanes], Meteorologiya i gidrologiya [Meteorology and hydrology], 1991, No. 6, pp. 5-13.
17. Nalivkin D.V. Uragany, buri i smerchi [Hurricanes, storms and tornadoes]. Leningrad: Nauka, 1969, 487 p.
18. Black R.A., Hallett J. Electrification of the Hurricane, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, June 15, 1999, Vol. 56, pp. 2004-2028.
19. Vikhrev V.V., Braginskiy S.I. Dinamika Z-pincha. Voprosy teorii plazmy [Dynamics of Z-pinch. The questions of plasma theory]. Issue 10. Moscow: Atomizdat, 1980, 320 p.
20. Farrell W.M., Kaiser M.L., Desch M.D. et.al. Detecting electrical activity from Martian dust storms, Journal of Geophysical Research, 1999, Vol. 104, No. 2, pp. 3795-3801.
21. Reasor P.D. et. al. Low-Wavenumber Structure and Evolution of the Hurricane Inner Core Observed by Airborne Dual-Doppler Radar, Monthly Weather Review, June 2000, Vol. 128, pp. 1653-1680.