|Article title||INVESTIGATION OF THE INFLUENCE OF MODES OF PROFILING THE SURFACES OF STRUCTURES BASED ON ARSENIDE OF GALLIUM BY METHOD OF PLASMA ETCHING WITH ACCOUNT OF THE CHLORO CONTAINING GAS FLOW|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||04, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||This article deals with the problems of profiling the surface of structures based on gallium arsenide for subsequent epitaxial growth. The application of the method of plasma-chemical etching to solve this problem is considered. The characteristic features of this technology are analyzed, it is shown that the plasma-chemical etching method in a combined plasma in comparison with liquid etching for the formation of such structures is more promising due to the high anisotropy of the process and the absence of the need for additional operations to remove reaction products and foreign impurities contained in the starting reagents. For an experimental study of the interaction of structures based on gallium arsenide with combined plasma, a cylindrical flow-through plasma chemical reactor was used; the pressure of the mixture of plasma-forming gases was 2 Pa, which remained constant throughout the process. In this paper, the effect of a chlorine-containing gas stream on the thickness of the etched layer, the roughness of the etched surface, as well as the anisotropy of the process over different crystallographic regions were studied. The dependence of the thickness of the etched layer on the etching time was obtained and the etching rates for various chlorine-containing gas streams were estimated. The analysis of the surface by atomic force microscopy and scanning electron microscopy was carried out, and the roughness of the etched surface was studied. It is shown that for large values of chlorine-containing gas flows, the roughness of the etched region is increased, which is associated with a large number of particles responsible for the formation of volatile compounds with products of reactions of reactive ion etching. It was also shown that the deviation angle from the vertical for samples treated with a chlorine-containing gas NBCl3 of 15 cc / m for the crystallographic direction  was α  = 65.5 °; For the  direction was α  = 45.58 °. For samples treated with a flow of chlorine gas NBCl3 - 10 cc / m for the crystallographic direction , α  = 20.94 °; for the  direction was α  = 11.37 °. For samples, for samples treated with a chlorine-containing gas NBCl3 - 5 cc / m for the crystallographic direction , α  = 0.32 °; for the  direction was α  = 0.21 °.|
|Keywords||Nanotechnology; nanostructures; nanomaterial; gallium arsenide; plasma etching; planar technology ; atomic force microscopy.|
|References||1. White А.М., Portecus P., Sherman W.F., Stadtmuller A.A. Photoca-pacitance. Measurements on Deep levels in GaAs under Hydrostatic Pressure, Solid State Phys., 1987, Vol. 10, No. 17, pp. 1473-1476.
2. Ageev O.A., Zolotarev D.V., Klimin V.S., Cherednichenko D.I. Izuchenie zakonomernostey rosta uglerodnykh nanotrubok pri plazmenno-khimicheskom osazhdenii iz gazovoy fazy [Studying of laws of carbon nanotubes growth during plazmenno-chemical sedimentation from the gas phase], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 61-68.
3. Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Rubashkina M.V., Smirnov V.A., Fedotov A.A., Tsukanova O.G. Opredelenie udel'nogo soprotivleniya vertikal'no orientirovannykh uglerodnykh nanotrubok metodami skaniruyushchey zondovoy mikroskopii [Determination of specific resistance of vertically aligned carbon nanotubes using scanning probe microscopy], Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki [Technical physics], 2015, Vol. 85, No. 7, pp. 100-106.
4. Sakurai-Hiromi, Yamanaka Zusao, Yoshida Kohichi, Ohshima Naoto, Suzuki Katsuo. Ultra-sonic. Attenuation in p-type GaSb, G. Appl Phys., 1984, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 1613-1616.
5. Klimin V.S., Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Fedotov A.A. Issledovanie rezhimov polucheniya kataliticheskikh struktur iz plenki Ni dlya vyrashchivaniya uglerodnykh nanotrubok [Formation and research of catalytic structures obtained from Ni films for growing carbon nanotubes], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 222-225.
6. Alekseev A.N., Ageev O.A i dr. Tandem ZAO «NTO» i NOTs «Nanotekhnologii» YuFU – primer uspeshnogo vzaimodeystviya proizvodstva i nauki [Tandem CJSC "NTO" and REC "Nanotechnology" of southern Federal University – an example of successful cooperation of production and science], Elektronika: Nauka, tekhnologiya, biznes [Electronics: Science, tech-nology, business], 2016, No. 7 (157), pp. 78-83.
7. Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S., Konoplev B.G., Fedotov A.A. Issledovanie rezhimov formirovaniya kataliticheskikh tsentrov dlya vyrashchivaniya orientirovannykh massivov uglerodnykh nanotrubok metodom PECVD [The study of the modes of formation of catalytic centers for growing oriented arrays of carbon nanotubes by PECVD], Khimicheskaya fizika i mezoskopiya [Chemical physics and mesoscopy], 2011, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 226-231.
8. Ageev O.A., Varzarev Yu.N., Solodovnik M.S., Rukomoykin A.V. Poluchenie i issledovanie HEMT-struktur na osnove GaAs dlya SVCh-polevykh tranzistorov na nanotekhnologicheskom komplekse NANOFAB NTK-9 [Obtaining and investigation of hemt-structure based on gaas for ultra high frequency field effect transistors at nanotechnological system NANOFAB
NTF-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 13-21.
9. Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S., Nadda M.Z., Petrov V.V., Rudyk N.N., Fedotov A.A., Chin' V.M., Yanenko V.Yu. Issledovanie gazochuvstvitel'nykh svoystv plenok nanokompozitov s uglerodnymi nanotrubkami [Study of gas-sensitive properties of nanocomposite films containing carbon nanotubes], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2015, No. 9 (170), pp. 116-136.
10. Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S., Rubashkina M.V., Smirnov V.A., Syurik Yu.V., Tsukanova O.G. Issledovanie vozmozhnosti sozdaniya biomimicheskikh adgezionnykh pokrytiy na osnove massiva vertikal'no orientirovannykh uglerodnykh nanotrubok [The research of possibility of biomimic adhesive coverings creation based on the vertically focused carbon nanotubes massif], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2014, No. 9 (158), pp. 58-67.
11. Klimin V.S., Es'kov A.V., Petrov N.N. Issledovanie vliyaniya rezhimov plazmokhimiche-skogo travleniya poverkhnosti arsenida galliya v plazme BCl3\Ar\SF6 [Study effect of plasma etching gallium arsenide surface in plasma of BCL3\AR\SF6], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2015, No. 9 (170), pp. 6-14.
12. Ilina Marina V., Blinov Yuriy F., Ilin Oleg I., Klimin Viktor S., Ageev Oleg A. Resistive switching of vertically aligned carbon nanotube by a compressive strain, Proc. SPIE 10224, International Conference on Micro- and Nano-Electronics 2016, 102240U (December 30, 2016).
13. Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S., Rubashkina M.V., Sergienko K.S., Semenov A.S., Fedotov A.A., Chin' Van Myoy, Yanenko V.Yu. Termodinamicheskiy analiz vzaimodeystviya v sisteme Ni-CR-Si pri vyrashchivanii uglerodnykh nanotrubok metodom khimicheskogo osazhdeniya iz gazovoy fazy [Thermodynamic analysis of interaction in the Ni-Cr-Si AT Ni-Cr-Si growth of carbon nanotubes by chemical vapor deposition], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2014, No. 9 (158), pp. 79-92.
14. Ageev O.A., Klimin V.S., Solodovnik M.S., Eskov A.V., Krasnoborodko S.Y. The study of in-fluence of the gas flow rate to etched layer thickness, and roughness of the anisotropy field of gallium arsenide is etched in the plasma chemical etching process, Journal of Physics: Confer-ence Series, Vol. 741, No. 1.
15. Riel B.J., Hinzer K., Moisa S., Fraser J., Finnie P., Piercy P., Fafard S., Wasilewski Z.R. InAs/GaAs(100) self-assembled quantum dots: arsenic pressure and capping effects, J. Cryst. Growth, 2002, Vol. 236, pp. 145-154.
16. Klimin Viktor S., Solodovnik Maxim S., Smirnov Vladimir A., Eskov Andrey V., Tominov Roman V., Ageev Oleg A. A study of the vertical walls and the surface roughness GaAs after the operation in the combined plasma etching, Proc. SPIE 10224, International Conference on Micro- and Nano-Electronics 2016, 102241Z (December 30, 2016).
17. Ageev O.A. Solodovnik M.S., Smirnov V.A. i dr. Issledovanie rezhimov formirovaniya oksidnykh nanorazmernykh struktur arsenida galliya metodom lokal'nogo anodnogo okisleniya [The study of the modes of formation of nanoscale oxide structures of gallium arsenide by local anodic oxidation], Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika [Proceedings of the universities. Electronics], 2012, No. 2 (94), pp. 43-50.
18. Daweritz L., Ploog K. Contribution of reflection high-energy electron diffraction to nanometre tailoring of surfaces and interfaces by molecular beam epitaxy, Semicond. Sci. Tech., 1994, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 123-136.
19. Avilov V.I., Ageev O.A. i dr. Issledovanie rezhimov nanorazmernogo profilirovaniya poverkhnosti epitaksial'nykh struktur arsenida galliya metodom lokal'nogo anodnogo okisleniya [The study of modes of nanoscale profiling of the surface of epitaxial structures of gallium arsenide by local anodic oxidation], Rossiyskie nanotekhnologii [Russian nanotechnology], 2015, Vol. 10, No. 3-4, pp. 39-43.
20. Ageev O.A., Solodovnik M.S., et al. Effect of GaAs native oxide upon the surface morphology during GaAs MBE growth, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2016, Vol. 741, No. 1, pp. 012012.
21. Ageev O.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Mikhaylichenko A.V., Smirnov V.A., Ptashnik V.V., Solodovnik M.S., Fedotov A.A., Zamburg E.G., Klimin V.S., Il'in O.I., Gromov A.L., Rukomoykin A.V. Poluchenie nanorazmernykh struktur na osnove nanotekhnologicheskogo kompleksa NANOFAB NTK-9 [Nanoscale structures’ production based on modular nanotechnologycal platform NANOFAB NTF-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engi-neering Sciences], 2011, No. 1 (114), pp. 109-116.
22. Rukomoykin A.V., Solodovnik M.S. Formirovanie i issledovanie arsenid-gallievykh nanostruktur na nanotekhnologicheskom komplekse NANOFAB NTK-9 [Forming and investigation of arsenide gallium nanostructure at nanotechnological system NANOFAB NTF-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 237-238.