|Article title||A CIRCUIT MODEL OF HIGH-SPEED INTEGRATED SWITCH WITH CONTROLED RE-DISLOCATION OF THE ELECTRONS DENSITY IN TUNNEL-COUPLED QUANTUM WELLS|
|Authors||E.A. Ryndin, A.A. Al-Saman|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||04, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The research topic considers the high-speed integrated switch with controlled re-dislocation of a maximum of the electrons density in tunnel-coupled quantum wells (QW) of the A3B5 nano-heterostructure. The active region of the switch consists of two QW separated by a tunnel heterobarrier and two control junction: Schottky junction over the upper QW as well as p-n junction under the lower QW. Each of the tunnel-coupled QW of the switch has separated ohmic contact, which allows executing signal switching with a single functionally integrated device, excluding intraelement metal connections and reducing of switching time. The same way occupied area by the switch was reduced. Small-signal model of integrated switch based on tunnel-coupled QW as well as a compact charge-conservative equivalent circuit are proposed. This equivalent circuit takes into account the possibility of changing the electrophysical and geometric parameters of the element and indicates it’s capability in term of adaptation for nonlinear circuit analysis. A detailed mathematical description of nonlinear current sources contained in equivalent circuit is presented. In the same way, an analytical model describing the average time of inter-channel transport time is obtained. The obtained model can be easily integrated into modern simulation system. The accuracy of the electrical model was examined in MATLAB and AWR (Microwave Office Environment). The obtained results show that the switch has small switching time less than 1 ps, which is determined by sluggishness of process re-dislocation between QW and that shows its advantages compared to analogs based on HEMT ((High Electron Mobility Transistors)|
|Keywords||Integrated switch; nano-heterostructureж circuit modelж equivalent circuit.|
|References||1. Herrick K. J., Yook J. G., Katehi L. P. B. Microtechnology in the development of three-dimensional circuits, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 1998, Vol. 46, No. 11, pp. 1832-1844.
2. Harris M. S. MMIC design, Microelectronics Journal, 1996, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 102-103.
3. Drevon C., Monfraix P., Paillard M. [et al.] New Trends for Microwave Packaging into Space-Borne Equipment, Gallium Arsenide applications symposium. GAAS 2002 ‒ Milano: Microwave engineering Europe, 2002, pp. 1-7.
4. Coquillat D., Nodjiadjim V., Blin S. [et al.] High-Speed Room Temperature Terahertz Detectors Based on InP Double Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors, International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems, 2016, Vol. 25, No. 03n04, pp. 1640011.
5. Handa H., Ujita S., Shibata D. [et al.] High-speed switching and current-collapse-free operation by GaN gate injection transistors with thick GaN buffer on bulk GaN substrates, Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), 2016 IEEE International. IEEE, 2016, pp. 10.3. 1-10.3. 4.
6. Al'-Caman A.A., Lebedev V.K. Proektirovanie amplitudno-fazovogo delitelya moshchnosti SVCh v diapazone 2-4 GGts [Development of an amplitude-phase microwave power divider in the frequency range of 2-4 GHz], Spetsial'naya tekhnika [Special Technique], 2013, No. 3, pp. 19-25.
7. Chang S.-C., Chang S.-F., Chih T.-Y. [et al.] An internally-matched high-isolation CMOS SPDT switch using leakage cancellation technique, IEEE microwave and wireless components letters, 2007, Vol. 17, No. 7, pp. 525-527.
8. Goldsmith C. L., Yao Z., Eshelman S. [et al.] Performance of low-loss RF MEMS capacitive switches, IEEE Microwave and guided wave letters, 1998, Vol. 8, No. 8, pp. 269-271.
9. Thomas L., Hing A., Hughes E. [et al.] GaAs MMIC broadband SPDT p-i-n switch, Electronics Letters, 1986, Vol. 22, No. 22, pp. 1183-1185.
10. Uda H., Yamada T., Sawai T. [et al.] High-performance GaAs switch IC's fabricated using MESFET's with two kinds of pinch-off voltages and a symmetrical pattern configuration, IEEE journal of solid-state circuits, 1994, Vol. 29, No. 10, pp. 1262-1269.
11. Yongsheng D., Xiaojian C., Tangsheng C. [et al.] Reflect type DC-20 GHz MMIC high performance SPST and SPDT switches, 2nd International Conference "Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology" (ICMMT 2000) – IEEE, 2000, pp. 211-214.
12. Lin K.-Y., Tu W.-H., Chen P.-Y. [et al.] Millimeter-wave MMIC passive HEMT switches using traveling-wave concept, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 2004,
Vol. 52, No. 8, pp. 1798-1808.
13. Lin K.-Y., Wang Y.-J., Niu D.-C. [et al.] Millimeter-wave MMIC single-pole-double-throw passive HEMT switches using impedance-transformation networks, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 2003, Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 1076-1085.
14. Pala V., Peng H., Wright P. [et al.] Integrated high-frequency power converters based on GaAs pHEMT: Technology characterization and design examples, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2012, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 2644-2656.
15. Ryndin E.A. Sverkhbystrodeystvuyushchie elektronnye kommutatory na osnove upravlyaemoy peredislokatsii maksimuma volnovoy funktsii nositeley zaryada [High-Speed Integrated Switchboards on the Basis of Control Rearrangement of Carrier Wave Function Maximum], Vestnik Yuzhnogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN [Vestnik SSC RAS], 2006, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 8-16.
16. Konoplev B.G., Ryndin E.A., Denisenko M.A. Components of Integrated Microwave Circuits Based on Complementary Coupled Quantum Regions, Russian Microelectronics, 2015, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 190-196.
17. Dragunov V.P., Neizvestnyy I.G., Gridchin V.A. Osnovy nanoelektroniki [Fundamentals of nanoelectronics]. Novosibirsk: Izd-vo NGTU, 2004, 496 p.
18. Grinberg G.S., Mogilevskaya L.Ya., Khotuntsev Yu.L. Modelirovanie na EVM nelineynykh ustroystv na polevykh tranzistorakh s bar'erom Shotki [Computer modeling of nonlinear devices based on FET with Schottky barrier], Radiotekhnika i elektronika [Radio-engineering and Electronics], 1995, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 498-502.
19. Filinyuk N.A., Gavrilov D.V. Opredelenie parametrov fizicheskoy ekvivalentnoy skhemy dvukhzatvornogo polevogo tranzistora Shotki [Determination of the parameters of the physical equivalent circuit of a two-gate Schottky FET], Izvestiya vuzov. Radioelektronika [Izvestiya Vuzov. Radioelectronics], 2004, Vol. 47, No. 11, pp. 71-75.
20. Angelov I., Zirath H., Rosman N. A new empirical nonlinear model for HEMT and MESFET devices, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 1992, Vol. 40, No. 12,