|Article title||THE PHASE FORMATION IN THE Ga-As-O SYSTEM UNDER CONDITIONS OF MOLECULAR BEAM EPITAXY|
|Section||SECTION III. NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||04, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The paper presents the results of theoretical studies of the thermodynamics of phase for-mation processes in the Ga-As-O system, taking into account the specific conditions observed in molecular beam epitaxy of group III arsenides. The results of calculations of the double and triple phase diagrams which are possible in the system under conditions at given temperature and pres-sure ranges characteristic for the observed experimentally processes in the molecular beam epitaxy technology are presented. The analysis of all possible intermediate and final reaction products of the interaction between the components and their forms in the Ga-As-O system is carried out. Based on the analysis of phase diagrams and probable reaction products, the equations of basic and intermediate chemical reactions occurring in the system are determined and compiled. The temperature dependences of the changes in the free Gibbs energy ΔG(T) for all the main and intermediate reactions between the main components of the system – crystal GaAs (substrate), atomic Ga and molecular As4 from the vapor phase (fluxes of growth components) and GaAs native oxide components – are calculated. Based on the analysis of Gibbs energy changes for the obtained equations, we showed that the components of GaAs native oxide enter into chemical reactions not only with crystalline GaAs and Ga from the vapor phase, but also with the molecular As flux, and also participate in solid-phase reactions between themselves. It is established that in the processes of interaction of GaAs native oxide with growth components and bulk material, not only volatile monoxide Ga2O and molecular As2 (As4) are formed as reaction products, but also monoxide AsO that occurs both during direct decomposition of As-containing oxide film components, and in the processes of their interaction with molecular fluxes. It has also been found that reactions with direct formation predominantly volatile compounds begin to dominate at substrate temperatures above 550°C. This makes it possible to optimize the process of thermal desorption of GaAs oxides in the technology of molecular beam epitaxy of GaAs by suppressing the reactions with the formation of Ga2O3, which negatively affects the morphology of the substrate by direct interaction with it.|
|Keywords||Molecular-beam epitaxy; gallium arsenide; intrinsic oxide; phase formation; thermodynam-ics; gallium oxide; arsenic oxide.|
|References||1. Ageev O.A., Balakirev S.V., Bykov Al.V. et al. Development of new meta-materials for advanced ele-ment base of micro- and nanoelectronics, and microsystem devices, In: Advanced Materials – Manufacturing, Physics, Mechanics and Applications. Parinov, Chang, Topolov (Eds.). Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2016, pp. 563-580.
2. Ageev O.A., Konoplev B.G. i dr. Issledovanie vliyaniya geometricheskikh parametrov na modul' Yunga orientirovannykh nitevidnykh nanokristallov GaAs metodom atomno-silovoy mikroskopii [A study of the influence of geometric parameters on young's modulus of oriented filamentary nanocrystals of GaAs by atomic force microscopy], Rossiyskie nanotekhnologii [Nanotechnologies in Russia], 2013, Vol. 8, No. 1-2, pp. 20-25.
3. Rukomoykin A.V., Solodovnik M.S. Formirovanie i issledovanie arsenid-gallievykh nanostruktur na nanotekhnologicheskom komplekse NANOFAB NTK-9 [Forming and investigation of arsenide gallium nanostructure at nanotechnological system NANOFAB NTF-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 237-238.
4. Ageev O.A, Alekseev A.N., Sokolov I.A., Konoplev B.G. Kompleksnyy podkhod k tekhnologicheskomu osnashcheniyu tsentra prikladnykh razrabotok. opyt realizatsii v NOTs «Nanotekhnologii» YuFU [Сomprehensive approach to technological equipping for R&D cen-ter. The experience in implementing of SEC «Nanotechnology» SFedU], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 207-210.
5. Alekseev A.N., Ageev O.A i dr. Tandem ZAO «NTO» i NOTs «Nanotekhnologii» YuFU – primer uspeshnogo vzaimodeystviya proizvodstva i nauki [Tandem CJSC "NTO" and REC "Nanotechnology" of southern Federal University – an example of successful cooperation of production and science], Elektronika: nauka, tekhnologiya, biznes [Electronics: science, tech-nology, business], 2016, No. 7 (157), pp. 78-83.
6. Ageev O.A., Varzarev Yu.N., Solodovnik M.S., Rukomoykin A.V. Poluchenie i issledovanie HEMT-struktur na osnove GaAs dlya SVCh-polevykh tranzistorov na nanotekhnologicheskom komplekse NANOFAB NTK-9 [Obtaining and investigation of HEMT-structure based on GaAs for ultra high frequency field effect transistors at nanotechnological system NANOFAB NTF-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 13-21.
7. Ageev O.A., Balakirev S.V., Solodovnik M.S., Eremenko M.M. Vliyanie vzaimodeystviya v sisteme Ga-As-O na morfologiyu poverkhnosti GaAs pri molekulyarno-luchevoy epitaksii [The effect of interaction in the system Ga-As-O on the surface morphology of GaAs during molecular-beam epitaxy], Fizika tverdogo tela [Physics of the solid state], 2016, Vol. 58, No. 5, pp. 1011-1018.
8. Allwood D.A., et al. Characterization of oxide layers on GaAs substrates, Thin Solid Films, 2000, Vol. 364, pp. 333-39.
9. Tanner B.K., et al. Kinetics of native oxide film growth on epiready GaAs, Materials Science and Engineering B, 2001, Vol. 80, pp. 99-103.
10. Vilar M.R., et al. Characterization of wet-etched GaAs (100) surfaces, Surface and Interface Analysis, 2005, Vol. 37, pp. 673-682.
11. Bezryadin N.N., i dr. Vliyanie finishnoy podgotovki poverkhnosti arsenida galliya na spektr elektronnykh sostoyaniy n-GaAs(100) [The influence of finish surface preparation of gallium arsenide on the spectrum of electronic States of n-GaAs(100)], FTP [Physics], 2012, No. 6,
12. Valyukhov D.P., i dr. Issledovanie vzaimodeystviya kisloroda s poverkhnost'yu (110) A3B5 [Study of the interaction of oxygen with the surface (110) A3B5], Vestnik SKGTU [Bulletin of North Caucasus state technical University], 2010, No. 2, pp. 1-6.
13. Bauters J.F., et al. Oxygen-enhanced wet thermal oxidation of GaAs, Applied Physics Letters, 2011, Vol. 99, pp. 142111.
14. Isomura N., et al. Investigation on GaAs(001) surface treated by As-free high temperature surface cleaning method, Journal of Crystal Growth, 2007, Vol. 301-302, pp. 26-29.
15. Guillen-Cervantes A., et al. GaAs surface oxide desorption by annealing in ultra-high vacuum, Thin Solid Films, 2000, Vol. 373, pp. 159-163.
16. Ageev O.A. Solodovnik M.S., Smirnov V.A. i dr. Issledovanie rezhimov formirovaniya oksidnykh nanorazmernykh struktur arsenida galliya metodom lokal'nogo anodnogo okisleniya [The study of the modes of formation of nanoscale oxide structures of gallium arsenide by local anodic oxidation], Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika [Proceedings of universities. Electronics], 2012, No. 2 (94), pp. 43-50.
17. Ageev O.A., Solodovnik M.S., Smirnov V.A. i dr. Issledovanie rezhimov lokal'nogo anodnogo okisleniya epitaksial'nykh struktur arsenida galliya [Gallium arsenide epitaxial structures local anodic oxidation regimes investigation], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 8-13.
18. Avilov V.I., Krasnoborod'ko S.Yu. i dr. Profilirovanie epitaksial'nykh sloev arsenida galliya metodom lokal'nogo anodnogo okisleniya [Gallium arsenide epitaxial structures profiling by local anodic oxidation], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2015, No. 9 (170), pp. 84-93.
19. Avilov V.I., Ageev O.A. i dr. Issledovanie rezhimov nanorazmernogo profilirovaniya poverkhnosti epitaksial'nykh struktur arsenida galliya metodom lokal'nogo anodnogo okisleniya [The study of modes of nanoscale profiling of the surface of epitaxial structures of gallium arsenide by local anodic oxidation], Rossiyskie nanotekhnologii [Russian nanotechnology], 2015, Vol. 10, No. 3-4, pp. 39-43.
20. Ageev O.A., Solodovnik M.S., et al. Effect of GaAs native oxide upon the surface morphology during GaAs MBE growth, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2016, Vol. 741, No. 1,