|Article title||METHOD FOR DETECTING ANOMALIES IN THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE USING PLASTIC CARDS|
|Authors||D.A. Bespalov, A.A. Ananev|
|Section||SECTION II. APPLIED INFORMATION SECURITY|
|Month, Year||05, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||At present, the problem of analyzing the behavior of complex information systems in real time becomes more urgent. In this regard, this article proposes a method for determining anomalies in the behavior of information systems using intelligent plastic cards based on multifractal analysis methods. The solution of this task is based on an assessment of the natural behavior of information systems, which is based on fractality, that is, self-similarity. In this case, the self-similarity of the system is understood as the presence of the frequency of behavior elements against the background of the general dynamics of the development of the system. In this case, the evaluation of the state of the system is carried out on a number of parameters represented in the form of time series, and the detection of behavioral anomalies is expressed in the form of artifacts of data of time series that violate the normal course of the processes. Self-similarity here is expressed in the repetition of the forms of time series into which any anomalies make their own changes. At the same time, the authors focus on information systems, which include smart plastic cards. On the one hand, plastic cards serve as an element that increases the security of the system, while on the other hand, they make their vulnerabilities both on a software and hardware level. Together with them in the behavior of the system artefacts or anomalies appear that are characteristic only for plastic cards, which makes it difficult to use other classical methods of detecting abnormal behavior of systems. Unlike the classical methods of detecting anomalies, this work uses a method based on multifractal analysis that allows monitoring the target information system in real time and determining the moment of occurrence of a behavioral anomaly or identifying the stage of approaching this moment.|
|Keywords||Anomaly of behavior; analysis; plastic card; information system; multifractal.|
|References||1. Denning D. An Intrusion Detection Model, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 1987, Vol. SE-13, No. I, pp. 222-232.
2. Kalush Yu.A., Loginov V.M. Pokazatel' Khersta i ego skrytye svoystva [The Hurst exponent and its hidden properties], Sibirskiy zhurnal industrial'noy matematiki [Siberian journal of industrial mathematics], 2002, Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp. 29-37.
3. Lyapunova E.A., Petrova A.N., Brodova I.G., Naymark O.B., Sokovikov M.A., Chudinov V.V., Uvarov S.V. Issledovanie morfologii mnogomasshtabnykh defektnykh struktur i lokalizatsii plasticheskoy deformatsii pri probivanii misheney iz splava A6061 [The study of the morphology of multiscale defect structures and localization of plastic deformation during the penetration of targets from alloy А6061], Pis'ma v ZhETF [JETP Letters], 2012, Vol. 38, Issue 1, pp. 13-20.
4. Shelukhin O.I., Smol'skiy S.M., Osin A.V. Samopodobie i fraktaly. Telekommunikatsionnye prilozheniya [Self-similarity and fractals. Telecommunication application]. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2008, 368 p.
5. Zakharov V.S. Poisk determinizma v nablyudaemykh geologo-geofizicheskikh dannykh: analiz korrelyatsionnoy razmernosti vremennykh ryadov [The search for determinism in observed geological and geophysical data: the analysis of correlation dimensions of time series], Sovremennye protsessy geologii: Sbornik nauchnykh trudov [Modern processes Geology: Col-lection of scientific works]. Moscow: Nauchnyy mir, 2002, pp. 184-187.
6. Babenko L.K., Bespalov D.A., Makarevich O.B. Sovremennye intellektual'nye plastikovye karty [Modern intellectual plastic cards]. Moscow: Gelios ARV, 2015, 416 p.
7. Babenko L.K., Bespalov D.A., Makarevich O.B., Trubnikov Ya.A. Programmnyy kompleks dlya analiza uyazvimostey sovremennykh mikroprotsessornykh plastikovykh kart [A software package for the analysis of vulnerabilities of modern microprocessor plastic cards], Materialy konferentsii «Informatsionnye tekhnologii v upravlenii» (ITU-2014) [Materials of conference "Information technologies in management" (IUT-2014)], 2014, pp. 576-580.
8. Bespalov D.A., Marchenko E.A., Trubnikov Ya.A. Apparatnyy kompleks dlya analiza ustoychivosti mikroprotsessornykh sistem k vozdeystviyam po storonnim kanalam [Hardware for stability analysis of microprocessor systems to the impacts on third-party channels], Informatsionnye tekhnologii, sistemnyy analiz i upravlenie (ITSAiU-2014): Sbornik trudov XII Vserossiyskoy nauchnoy konferentsii molodykh uchenykh, aspirantov i studentov, g. Taganrog, 18-19 dekabrya 2014 g. [Information technology, system analysis and management (Idayu-2014): proceedings of the XII all-Russian scientific conference of young scientists, postgradu-ates and students, Taganrog, 18-19 December 2014]. Rostov-na-Donu: Izd-vo YuFU, 2015, Vol. 1, pp. 90-94.
9. Babenko Ludmila, Makarevich Oleg, Bespalov Dmitry, Chesnokov Roman, Trubnikov Yaroslav. Instrumental System for Analysis of Information Systems Using Smart Cards Protection, SIN '14 Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Security of Information and Networks. ACM New York, NY, USA ©2014. Glasgow, Scotland, UK – September 09-11, 2014, 339 p.
10. Lopes R.; Betrouni N. Fractal and multifractal analysis: A review, Medical Image Analysis, 2009, No. 13 (4), pp. 634-649.
11. Roberts A.J. and Cronin A. Unbiased estimation of multi-fractal dimensions of finite data sets, Physica A, 1996, Vol. 233, pp. 867-878.
12. Hollestelle G.; Burgers W.; Hartog J. Power analysis on smartcard algorithms using simulation. Eindhoven, University of Technology. 2004. 40.
13. Posadas A.N.D., Giménez D., Bittelli, M., Vaz C.M.P., Flury M. Multifractal Characterization of Soil Particle-Size Distributions, Soil Science Society of America Journal, 2001, Vol. 65 (5), 1361 p.
14. Hassan M.K., Hassan M.Z., Pavel N.I. Scale-free network topology and multifractality in a weighted planar stochastic lattice, New Journal of Physics. 12: 093045.
15. Kalush Yu.A., Loginov V.M. Pokazatel' Khersta i ego skrytye svoystva [The Hurst exponent and its hidden properties], Sibirskiy zhurnal industrial'noy matematiki [Siberian journal of industrial mathematics], 2002, Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp. 29-37.
16. Mandel'brot B.B. Fraktaly, sluchay i finansy. Regulyarnaya i khaoticheskaya dinamika [Fractals, occasion and finances. Regular and chaotic dynamics]. Izhevsk: Regulyarnaya i khaoticheskaya dinamika, 2004, 256 p.
17. Falconer K. Fractal Geometry: Mathematical Foundations and Applications. 3rd ed. Wiley. 2014, 398 p.
18. Albert C. J. Luo. Toward Analytical Chaos in Nonlinear Systems. Wiley. 2014, 268 p.
19. Robert Gilmore, Marc Lefranc. The Topology of Chaos: Alice in Stretch and Squeezeland. 2nd ed. Wiley. 2011, 618 p.
20. Jianbo Gao, Yinhe Cao, Wen-wen Tung, Jing Hu. Multiscale Analysis of Complex Time Series: Integration of Chaos and Random Fractal Theory, and Beyond. 2007, 368 p.