|Article title||PMN-PT SYSTEM PIEZOCERAMIC PRODUCTION USING THE METHOD OF SPARK PLASMA SINTERING|
|Authors||М.А. Marakhovskiy, А.А. Panich|
|Section||SECTION V. NANOTECHNOLOGY AND MATERIALS SCIENCE|
|Month, Year||06, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The work is devoted to the study of various methods of sintering ceramics from a multicomponent system (1–х)Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3–хPbTiO3 (PMN-PT), which has a high applied potential. Besides the advantages, the noted system materials have some disadvantages arising during manufacturing process. In order to eliminate the drawbacks in the manufacture, in addition to special types of sintering in vacuum furnaces in atmospheric and hot pressing, ceramic samples were manufactured by a new promising method of spark plasma sintering (SPS). The SPS method, in comparison with conventional sintering at atmospheric pressure, makes it possible to carry out the sintering process in tens of minutes, with reduced by 100–300 °C sintering temperatures, providing the fine-grained monophase structure of the ceramic. Such a microstructure helps to increase the mechanical and electrophysical parameters of the resulting ceramics. Using the methods of X-ray phase analysis and scanning electron microscopy established are the dependencies of formed ceramic structure on uniaxial mechanic pressure when sintering and temperature process. The urgency of the work is to improve the technological process of making ceramics by reducing the sintering temperature, shortening the duration of the process and, accordingly, reducing energy costs for heating. The novelty of the work is to compare the results of the sintering of PMN-PT ceramics by the method of spark plasma sintering with the calculation of sintering of other methods, by comparing the parameters, indicating the advantages and disadvantages. The principal possibility of obtaining spark plasma sintering with high electrophysical parameters has been confirmed. As a conclusion, the prospects of using the spark plasma sintering method for obtaining functional ceramics of other systems are formulated.|
|Keywords||Piezoceramics; spark plasma sintering (SPS); hot pressing; microstructure; electrophysical parameters.|
|References||1. Lim L.C. Single crystal preparation techniques for manufacturing piezoelectric materials, Ad-vanced piezoelectric materials: science and technology, 2010, pp. 412-440.
2. Jiwei Z., Bo S., Liangying Z., Xi Y. Preparation and dielectric properties by sol-gel derived PMN-PT powder and ceramic, Physical sciences and astronomy, 2000, Vol. 64 (1), pp. 1-4
3. Yamada H. Pressureless sintering of PMN-PT ceramics, Journal of the european ceramic soci-ety, 1999, Vol. 19 (6-7), pp. 1053-1056.
4. Lente M.H., Zanin A.L., Assis S.B., Santos I.A., Garcia D., Eiras J.A. Ferroelectric domain dynamics in PMN-PT ceramics, Ferroelectrics. Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 2003, Vol. 296, pp. 149-155.
5. Liou Y.C. Stoichiometric perovskite PMN-PT ceramics produced by reaction-sintering process, Materials science and engineering: B, 2003, Vol. 103 (3), pp. 281-284.
6. Guo H.K., Fu G., Tang X.G., Zhang J.X., Chen Z.X. The dielectric relaxation relationship of PMN - PT ceramics, Journal of physics: condensed matter, 1998, No. 10 (18), pp. 297-302.
7. Talanov M.V., Shilkina L.A., Reznichenko L.A. Anomalies of the dielectric and electromechanical responses of multicomponent ceramics on the basis of PMN-PT near the morphotropic phase boundary, Sensors and actuators a: physical, 2014, Vol. 217, pp. 62-67.
8. Zhao W., Ruan W., Zhao K., Zeng J., Li G., Wei X., Wang Y. Electric-field induced strain and dielectric properties of Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-PbTiO3 ceramics, Ferroelectrics, 2015,
Vol. 488 (1), pp. 89-96.
9. Lu S.G., Cai Z.H., Ouyang Y.X., Deng Y.M., Zhang S.J., Zhang Q.M. Electrical field depend-ence of electrocaloric effect in relaxor ferroelectrics, Ceramics international, 2015, Vol. 41 (S1), pp. 15-18.
10. La Saponara V., Horsley D.A., Lestari W. Structural health monitoring of glass/epoxy compo-site plates using PZT and PMN-PT transducers, Journal of engineering materials and technol-ogy. Transactions of the American society of mechanical engineers, 2011, Vol. 133 (1), pp. 011-011.
11. Zuo R., Granzow T., Lupascu D.C., Rödel J. PMN-PT ceramics prepared by spark plasma sintering, American Ceramic Society, 2007, No. 90 (4), pp. 1101-1106.
12. Marder R., Caim R., Estournès C, Chevallier G. Plasma in spark plasma sintering of ceramic particle compacts, Scripta materialia, 2014, Vol. 82, pp. 57-60.
13. Munir Z.A., Anselmi-Tamburini U., Ohyanagi M. The effect of electric field and pressure on the synthesis and consolidation of materials: A review of the spark plasma sintering method, Journal of Materials Science, 2006, Vol. 41, pp. 763-777.
14. Ilyina A.M., Aleksandrova E.V., Grigoryev E.G., Olevsky E.A. Influence of the electric current on the spark-plasma sintering processing, Journal of Vector Scince, 2013, No. 3 (25), pp. 185-187.
15. Fedosova N.A. Keramicheskiy kompozitsionnyy material s uglerodnymi nanotrubkami, poluchennyy po tekhnologii iskrovogo plazmennogo spekaniya [Ceramic composite material with carbon nanotubes obtained by the technology of spark plasma sintering], Steklo i keramika [Glass and ceramics], 2015, № 1, pp. 14-17.
16. Borrell A., Torrecillas R., Rocha V.G., Fernández A., Bonache V., Salvador M.D. Effect of CNFS content on the tribological behaviour of spark plasma sintering ceramic-CNFS compo-sites, J. Wear, 2012, pp. 274-275.
17. Annenkov Yu.M., Akarachkin S.A., Ivashutenko A.S. Mekhanizm iskrovogo plazmennogo spekaniya keramiki [Mechanism of spark plasma sintering of ceramics], Butlerovskie soobshcheniya [Butlerov communications], 2012, No. 30 (4), pp. 74-78.
18. Tokita M. Tendentsii v razvitii sistem iskrovogo plazmennogo spekaniya i tekhnologii [Trends in the development of spark plasma sintering and technologies], Zhurnal obshchestva spetsialistov poroshkovykh tekhnologiy [Journal of the society of powder technology professionals], 1993, Vol. 30 (11), pp. 790-804.
19. Bernard-Granger G., Benameur N., Guizard C., Nygren M. Influence of graphite contamination on the optical properties of transparent spinel obtained by spark plasma sintering, Scripta materialia, 2009, Vol. 60 (3), pp. 164-167.
20. Nygren M., Shen Z. On the preparation of bio-, nano- and structural ceramics and composites by spark plasma sintering, Solid state sciences, 2003, No. 5 (1), pp. 125-131.