|Article title||LUMINESCENCE OF THE CASNO3:YB3+,ER3+,TM3+ SYSTEM UNDER EXCITATION BY IR-SOURCE|
|Authors||U.A. Marʼina, V.A. Vorobʼev, A.P. Marʼin|
|Section||SECTION V. NANOTECHNOLOGY AND MATERIALS SCIENCE|
|Month, Year||06, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||Series of prototypes of a phosphor on the basis of a stannat of the calcium activated by three ions of the rare-earth elements Yb3+, Er3+, Tm3+ are synthesized. The main methods of a research of the experimental samples are described. The received connections have an orthorhombic crystalline grid, related to perovskite mineral. The average size of crystallites has been 32,9 microns. In case of excitation of powders the laser diode with wavelength of 960 nm found a luminescence in visible and IR-areas of a range. Concentration dependence of intensity of a luminescence of the researched system in the area 994, 1550, 1780 of nm from concentration of ions of thulium is probed. It is set that with growth of concentration of ions of thulium as a part of a phosphor intensity of a luminescence in the bands corresponding to ytterbium ions (996 nm) and erbium (1550 nm) decreases, and intensity of a luminescence in the band corresponding to radiant transi-tions in thulium ions (1780 nm), on the contrary, increases up to some value. The maximum inten-sity of a luminescence in a band of 1780 nm is watched in case of concentration of ions of Tm3+ 0,003 atomic shares. The diagram of energetic transitions in the CaSnO3:Yb3+,Er3+,Tm3+ system is provided in case of excitation by the laser with wavelength of 960 nm, the mechanism of transmis-sion of energy between ions of Yb3+, Er3+, Tm3+ explicitly is described. It is set that Yb3+ ions in the system CaSnO3:Yb3+,Er3+,Tm3+ behave as sensitizers, they give a part of the absorbed energy to Er3+ ions and Tm3+, causing gain of a luminescence in the bands corresponding to them. Ions Er3+ also transfer by a part of the absorbed energy to Tm3+ ions, therefore an increase in intensity of an IR-luminescence in a band of 1780 nm is watched. It is offered to use luminescent structure of CaSnO3:Yb3+,Er3+,Tm3+ as the source of radiation capable to transform IR-radiation from area of 960 nanometers to IR-radiation with wavelength of 1780 nanometers.|
|Keywords||Luminescence; infrared (IR) phosphors; CaSnO3; solid-phase synthesis; rare-earth ele-ments; stannates of alkaline earth metals.|
|References||1. Mar'ina U.A., Vorob'ev V.A. Issledovanie lyuminestsentnykh svoystv stannata kal'tsiya CaSnO3, aktivirovannogo ionami redkozemel'nykh metallov [The study of fluorescent properties of calcium stannate CaSnO3, activated with rare earth metals], Vestnik SKFU: nauchnyy zhurnal [Newsletter оf North-Caucasus Federal University], 2016, No. 4 (55), pp. 36-41.
2. Mar'ina U.A., Mar'in A.P., Vorob'ev V.A. Sintez i issledovanie lyuminestsentnykh svoystv CaSnO3:Yb3+,RE3+ (RE=Er, Ho,Tm) [Synthesis and study of luminescent properties of sys-tem CaSnO3:Yb3+,RE3+ (RE=Er, Ho,Tm)], Vestnik SKFU: nauchnyy zhurnal [Newsletter оf North-Caucasus Federal University], 2017, No. 2 (59), pp. 21-26.
3. Mar'ina U.A., Vorob'ev V.A., Mar'in A.P. Vliyanie kontsentratsii primesi Yb i tipa plavnya na lyuminestsentnye svoystva CaSnO3:Yb [Influence of concentration of Yb impurity and type of mineralizer on luminescent properties CaSnO3:Yb], Nauchnye issledovaniya i razrabotki molodykh uchenykh: materialy XIV mezhdunarodnoy molodezhnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii, Novosibirsk, 31 oktyabrya, 9 noyabrya 2016 g. [Research and development of young scientists: materials XIV of the international youth scientific and practical conference, Novosibirsk, October 31, November 9, 2016], under the general edition S.S. Chernova. Novo-sibirsk: Izd-vo TsRNS, 2016.
4. Mar'ina U.A., Vorob'ev V.A. Osobennosti sinteza perovskitopodobnykh struktur tipa MSnO3 (M=Ba, Sr, Ca) i issledovanie ikh lyuminestsentnykh svoystv [Features of synthesis the perovskitopodobnykh of structures like MSnO3 (M=Ba, Sr, Ca) and research of their lumines-cent properties], Vestnik SKFU: nauchnyy zhurnal [Newsletter оf North-Caucasus Federal University], 2016, No. 1 (52), pp. 7-13.
5. Zhang W.F., Tang J., Ye J. Photoluminescence and photocatalytic properties of SrSnO3 perovskite, Chemical Physics Letters, 2006, Vol. 418, pp. 174-178.
6. Bohnemann J., Libanorib R., Moreirab M.L., Longo E. High-efficient microwave synthesis and characterisation of SrSnO3, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2009, No. 155, pp. 905-909.
7. Sim H., Cheong S.W., Kim B.G. Octahedral tilting induced ferroelectricity in ASnO3/BSnO3 superlattice, Materials Science, 15 May 2013.
8. Gavrilova L.Ya. Methods of synthesis and research of perspective materials: education guidance. Yekaterinburg: Ural State University of name A.M. Gorky, 2008, 74 p.
9. Hong L., Eligio C.I., Sommer T.K., Wedel J.K. Strain sensitivity of band gaps of Sn-containing semiconductors, Physical Review, 2015, B. 91, pp. 045204 (1–6).
10. Lei B., Li B., Zhang H., Li W. Preparation and luminescence properties of CaSnO3:Sm3+ phos-phor emitting in the reddish orange region, Optical Materials, 2007, Vol. 29, pp. 1491-1494.
11. Gordo V.O., Arslanli Y.T., Canimoglu A., Ayvacikli M., Gobato Y.G., Henini M., Can N. Visible to infrared low temperature luminescence of Er3+, Nd3+ and Sm3+ in CaSnO3 phosphors, Applied Radiation and Isotopes, May 2015, Vol. 99, pp. 69-76.
12. Liu Z., Liu Y. Synthesis and luminescent properties of a new green afterglow phosphor CaSnO3:Tb, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2005, Vol. 93, pp. 129-132.
13. Liang Z., Zhang J., Sun J., Li X. etc. Enhancement of green long lasting phosphorescence in CaSnO3:Tb3+ by addition of alkali ions, Physica B, 2013, Vol. 412, pp. 36-40.
14. Zhang J., Chen B., Liang Z., Li X., Sun J., Cheng L., Zhong H. Optical transition and thermal quenching mechanism in CaSnO3:Eu3+ phosphors, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 5 No-vember 2014, Vol. 612, pp. 204-209.
15. Castelli I.E., Olsen T., Datta S., Landis D.D., Dahl S., Thygesen K.S., Jacobsen K.W. Compu-tational Screening of Perovskite Metal Oxides for Optimal Solar Light Capture, Energy and Environmental Science, 2012, Issue. 2, Vol. 5, pp. 5814-5819.
16. Henriques J.M., Caetano E.W.S., Freire V.N., J.A.P. da Costa, Albuquerque E.L. Structural, electronic, and optical absorption properties of orthorhombic CaSnO3 through ab initio calcu-lations, Journal of physics: Condensed. Matter., 2007, Vol. 19, pp. 106214 (1–9).
17. Protasov N.M. Structural modeling of complex oxides with structure of a perovskite in partially covalent approach. Moscow: Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2011, 51 p.
18. Pang T., Lu W., Shen W. Chromaticity modulation of upconversion luminescence in CaSnO3:Yb3+,Er3+,Li+ phosphors through Yb3+ concentration, pumping power and temperature, Physica B: Physics of Condensed Matter., 1 December 2016, Vol. 502, pp. 11-15.
19. Pang X.L., Jia C.H., Li G.Q., Zhang W.F. Bright white upconversion luminescence from
Er3+–Tm3+–Yb3+ doped CaSnO3 powders, Optical Materials, 2011, Vol. 34, pp. 234-238.
20. Tverdotel'nye lazery s poluprovodnikovoy nakachkoy blizhnego i srednego IK–diapazonov spektra (2 mkm, 3-8 mkm) na osnove kristallov i keramik, aktivirovannykh ionami Tm i Ho: otchet o NIR [Solid-state lasers with semiconductor pump of short- and average IR-ranges
(2 micron, 3-8 micron) on the basis of crystals and ceramics, activated by ions Tm и Ho: report on Research work], FGBOU VPO «MGU im. N.P. Ogareva»; ruk. Ryabochkina P.A.; ispoln.: Antipov O.L., Chuprunov E.V., Lomonova E.E [Moscow State University of N.P. Ogaryov; head Ryabochkina P.A.; performers: Antipov O.L., Chuprunov E.V., Lomonova E.E]. Saransk, 2012, 83 s. No. GR 01201002318. Inv. № 53/39-10.