|Article title||STUDY OF THE USE OF INFLUENZA THERMOTAXIS FOR WATER MEDIA EXPRESS MONITORING|
|Authors||S. Zaharov, A. N. Velichko, V. Yu. Vishnevetsky|
|Section||SECTION II. METHODS OF DIAGNOSIS OF THE ECOLOGICAL STATE|
|Month, Year||08, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The aim of the work is the development of an express method for the control of aquatic envi-ronments toxicity on the basis of test-reaction of the infusorians thermotaxis. The creation of bio-logical monitoring is shown as a regular stage in the development of a civilized society, which, on its historical experience, realized that technological progress can pollute water areas and water necessary for people on land and at sea. The need for this coordination between state power, re-gional, private initiative and scientists" ideas is briefly explained. Important is the ideological transition from toxicology, which protects a human, to protection of ecosystems and the develop-ment of ecotoxicology. The article highlights the inadequacy of several tests for solving environ-mental monitoring problems, since each organism has its own adaptation ranges, and there are many types of toxicity. It is emphasized that the ideas of earlier times are useful for new develop-ments. Attention is drawn to the work of the end of the XIX century, where in vivo experiments were more often, so they studied them in a temperature gradient, in the works of the XX century, a technique was created, in the XXI century the reaction to temperatures was linked to the toxicity of aquatic environments. The urgency of the development of a new microbiotest in vivo from the field of ecotoxicology is substantiated. MicrobiotaTest is based on the test-reaction of thermotaxis of infusorians, the effect of which depends on the toxicity of the aquatic environment. The main con-ditions for the appearance of thermotaxis are revealed. The means for the formation of the thermotaxis of P. caudatum infusorians and the means for recording the process on the basis of video recording and data processing programs have been developed. The explanations of the test reaction formation, the selection of informative parameters, the graph of the impulses and the dependencies of their elements on the concentration of test organisms are given. An experimental device for investigating the effects of inhibitors of cellular respiration and metabolism has been created. For the first time, a method for determining the toxicity of aqueous media based on the test-reaction of infusoria thermotaxis has been proposed, and this technique has been tested on aqueous solutions of model toxicants NaN3 and CuSO4.|
|Keywords||Biotesting; express biotest; thermotaxis; aqueous media; Paramecium caudatum; bioassay; rapid-bioassay; thermotaxis; aqueous media.|
|References||1. Dr. Konrad Herter. Untersuchungen über den temperatursinn einiger insekten, Ausdem zoologischen Institut der Universitat GSttlngen und dem zoologischen Institut der Universitut Berlin. Germany, 1923, pp. 221-288.
2. Mendelssohn M. Uber den Thermotropismuse in zeller Organismen, Pflüger's Arch. Ges. Physiol., 1895, Vol. 60, pp. 1-27.
3. Mendelssohn M. Recherches sur I'interference de la thermotaxie avec d'autres tactismes et sur le mechanism du mouvement thermotactique, Journal de Physiologie, 1902, No. 4, pp. 475-488.
4. Malvin G. M. et al. Nitric Oxide Production and Thermoregulation in Paramecium caudatum – Acta Protozoologica, Internation Journal on Protistology, 2003, Vol. 42, pp. 259-267.
5. Gordon C.J. Temperature and toxicology: an integrative, comparative, and environmental approach. – CRC Press, 2005. – P. 256-257. – 289 p.
6. Jennings H.S. Behavior of the Lower Organisms. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1906, pp. 47-72.
7. Tawada K., Oоsawa F. Responses of Paramecium to temperature change, Protozoo, 1972,
No. 19, pp. 53-57.
8. Tawada K., Miyamoto Н. Sensitivity of Paramecium Thermotaxis to Temperature Change, Protozoo, 1973, No. 20, pp. 289-292.
9. Kuriu T., Nakaoka Y., Oosawa Y. Cold-sensitive Ca2+ influx in Paramecium, Natsional'naya biblioteka meditsiny PubMed [National library of medicine PubMed], 1997, Vol. 22, No. 5.
10. Imada C., Oosawa Y. Thermoreception of Paramecium: Different Ca2+ Channels Were Activated by Heating and Cooling, Natsional'naya biblioteka meditsiny PubMed [National library of medicine PubMed], 1999, Vol. 168, No. 3.
11. Marie Jeffroya, Dr Hanna Salmanb, Pr Albert Libchaberb. Thermotaxis in Escherichia Coli. 2004-2005.
12. Todd Hennessey, Nelson D.L. Thermosensory Behaviour in Paramecium tetraurelia: a quantitative assay and some factors that influence thermal avoidance, Journal of General Microbiol-ogy, 1979, Vol. 112, pp. 337-347.
13. Takashi Tominaga, Yutaka Naitoh. Membrane potential responses to thermal stimulation and the control of thermoaccumulation in Paramecium caudatum. Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305, Japan, 1992, Vol. 164, pp. 39-53.
14. Nakaoka Y., Oosawa F. Temperature-sensitive behaviour of Paramecium caudatum,
J. Protozool, 1977, Vol. 24, pp. 575-580.
15. Naitoh Y., Kaneko H. Reactivated Triton-extracted models of Paramecium: Modification of ciliary movement by calcium ions. Science, N.Y., 1972, Vol. 176, pp. 523-524.
16. Marée A.F. M., Panfilov A.V., Hogeweg P. Migration and Thermotaxis of Dictyostelium discoideum Slugs, a Model Study, Journal of theoretical Biology, 1999, No. 199, pp. 297-309.
17. Velichko A.N., Zakharov I.S. Issledovanie metodov formirovaniya test-reaktsii termotaksisa infuzoriy [Study of the methods of forming a test reaction thermotaxis ciliates], Izvestiya SPbGETU «LETI». Ser. Biotekhnicheskie sistemy v meditsine i ekologii [Izvestiya Etu "LETI". A series of Biotechnical systems in medicine and ecology], 2014, No. 1, pp. 69-73.
18. Velichko A., Zakharov I., Zavgorodniy A. Bioengineering systems for P. saudatum thermotaxis test reaction study, Sb. dokladov mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii molodykh issledo-vateley v oblasti elektrotekhniki i elektroniki (2016 ElConRusNW) [Collection of reports of international conference of young researchers in the field of electrical and electronics engineering (2016 ElConRusNW)]. Saint-Petersburg, 2016.
19. Velichko A.N. Analiz rezul'tatov issledovaniya reaktsii termotaksisa Paramecium caudatum [The analysis of the results of reaction of Paramecium caudatum thermotaxis], Izvestiya SPbGETU «LETI» [Izvestiya Etu "LETI"], 2016, No. 4, pp. 50-56.
20. Velichko A.N., Zakharov I.S. Sistema kontrolya test-reaktsii termotaksisa Paramecium caudatum [Control system test of reaction of Paramecium caudatum thermotaxis],
Sb. dokladov III nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem «Nauka nastoyashchego i budushchego» [Collection of papers of the III scientific-technical conference with international participation "Science of the present and the future"]. Saint-Petersburg, 2015, pp. 93-95.