|Article title||ON DEVELOPMENT OF NEURAL NETWORK TUNER FOR CONTOUR OF VELOCITY IN ROLLING MILL ELECTRIC DRIVE FOR REDUCING DYNAMIC LOADS|
|Authors||Yu. I. Eremenko, A. I. Gluschenko, V. A. Petrov|
|Section||SECTION II. DESIGNING MANAGEMENT INFORMATION AND AUTOMATED SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||09, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||A problem of dynamic load reduction influencing a rolling mill is considered. The dynamic load occurring in function-generating mechanisms results in technical equipment excessive wear and even its breakdown. A short analysis of main methods for solving this problem is made. The dynamic load is to be reduced by the means of an automatic control system. In particular, a neural network tuner for the velocity contour controller in rolling mill electric drive is proposed to achieve that aim. The tuner consists of a neural network and a rule base determining moments of learning the network and the learning rate value to be used to do that. The rule base operational algorithm is proposed to reject disturbances caused by the roll bite and reduce dynamic force at moment of such disturbances occurrence. Having found that moment, the tuner adjusts the PI-controller velocity parameters of the drive in accordance with that algorithm. The main advantage of such approach is that there is no necessity to identify the control object. In this research the model of the second mill in the train of 350 Oskol eletrometallurgical plant is used. The tuner is applied to this mathematical model with multi-mass mechanical part implemented in MATLAB & Simulink and a test bench with a DC drive. Having analyzed the experiments results, the conclusion could be made that the tuner allows to: 1) reduce dynamic inertia moment oscillations by 18% in comparison with the control system without the tuner, 2) improve energy efficiency of the disturbance rejection by 3.8 %.|
|Keywords||Dynamic force; rolling mill; elastic coupling; electric drive; PI-controller; neural tuner.|
|References||1. Klyuchev V.I. Ogranichenie dinamicheskikh nagruzok elektroprivoda [Limitation of dynamic loads of the actuator]. Moscow: Energiya, 1971, 380 p.
2. Lekhov O.S. Dinamicheskie nagruzki v linii privoda obzhimnykh stanov [Dynamic loads in drive line cogging mills]. Moscoww: Mashinostroenie, 1975, 184 p.
3. Verenev V.V., Bol'shakov V.I., Belobrov Yu.I., Bobukh I.A. Dinamicheskie peregruzki v privodakh kletey shirokopolosnykh stanov [Dynamic overload of the drives of the stands broadband mill], Metallurgicheskaya i gornorudnaya promyshlennost' [Metallurgical and mining industry], 1999, No. 1, pp. 72-75.
4. Krot P.V. Transient torsional vibrations control in the geared drive trains of the hot rolling mills, 3rd IEEE Multi-Conf. on Systems and Control (MSC 2009). July 8-10. Sain. Petersburg: IEEE, 2009, pp. 1368-1373.
5. Plakhtin V.D. Podbor rabochikh valkov shirokopolosnykh stanov v zavisimosti ot uglovykh zazorov v linii privoda [The selection of the work rolls broadband mill depending on the angular gaps in the line drive], Stal' [Steel], 1999, No. 3, pp. 29-32.
6. Adamiya R.Sh., Kashakashvili G.V., Loboda V.M. i dr. Otsenka predel'nykh nagruzok v transmissii metallurgicheskikh mashin [Evaluation of limit loads in the transmission metallurgical], Stal' [Steel], 2003, No. 3, pp. 49-51.
7. Karpukhin I.I. Snizhenie dinamicheskikh nagruzok i povyshenie dolgovechnosti mashin shirokopolosnykh stanov goryachey prokatki [Reduction of dynamic loads and increase durability of machines of broadband hot rolling mills], Byulleten' «Chernaya metallurgiya», OAO Chermetinformatsiya [The Bulletin "ferrous metallurgy", OAO “Chermetinformatsiya”], 2004, No. 07, pp. 31-35.
8. Khramshin V. R. i dr. Snizhenie dinamicheskikh nagruzok v universal'nykh kletyakh prokatnogo stana [Reduction of dynamic loads in the universal stands of the rolling mill], Metallurg [Metallurg], 2015, No. 4, pp. 41-47.
9. Khramshin V.R. i dr. Snizhenie dinamicheskikh nagruzok mekhanicheskogo i elektricheskogo oborudovaniya chernovoy podgruppy kletey stana goryachey prokatki [Reduction of dynamic loads mechanical and electrical equipment subgroup roughing stands of the hot rolling mill], Mashinostroenie: setevoy elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [Engineering: network electronic scientific journal], 2013, No. 2, pp. 69-77.
10. Meshcheryakov V.N., Tolcheev V.M. Razrabotka sposoba snizheniya dinamicheskikh nagruzok elektroprivoda prokatnoy kleti stana kholodnoy prokatki [Development of a method for reducing dynamic loads of the electric drive of rolling mill cold rolling mill], Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrical complexes and systems], 2015, No.. 3 (28), pp. 14-19.
11. Dhaouadi R., Kubo K., Tobise M. Two-degree-of-freedom robust speed controller for high-performance rolling mill drives, IEEE transactions on industry applications, 1993, Vol. 29.5, pp. 919-926.
12. Hori Y., Iseki H., Sugiura K. Basic consideration of vibration suppression and disturbance rejection control of multi-inertia system using SFLAC (state feedback and load acceleration control), IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 1994, Vol. 30.4, pp.889-896.
13. Szabat K., Orlowska-Kowalska T. Vibration suppression in a two-mass drive system using PI speed controller and additional feedbacks–Comparative study, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2007, Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 1193-1206.
14. Zhang R. et al. Torsional vibration suppression control in the main drive system of rolling mill by state feedback speed controller based on extended state observer, In proceedings of IEEE 2007 International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA). IEEE, 2007, pp. 2172-2177.
15. Zhang R., Tong C. Torsional vibration control of the main drive system of a rolling mill based on an extended state observer and linear quadratic control, Journal of Vibration and Control, 2006, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 313-327.
16. Chen Y. Q., Vinagre B. M., Podlubny I. Fractional order disturbance observer for robust vibration suppression, Nonlinear Dynamics, 2004, Vol. 38, No. 1-4, pp. 355-367.
17. Erenturk K. Fractional-Order PλDμ and Active Disturbance Rejection Control of Nonlinear Two-Mass Drive System, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2013, Vol. 60, No. 9, pp. 3806-3813.
18. Wang J. et al. Torsional vibration suppression of rolling mill with constrained model predictive control, The Sixth World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, 2006. WCICA 2006. IEEE, 2006, Vol. 2, pp. 6401-6405.
19. Li W., Hori Y. Vibration suppression using single neuron-based PI fuzzy controller and fractional-order disturbance observer, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2007, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 117-126.
20. Orlowska-Kowalska T., Szabat K. Damping of torsional vibrations in two-mass system using adaptive sliding neuro-fuzzy approach, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2008, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 47-57.
21. Eremenko Yu.I., Glushchenko A.I., Petrov V.A. O neyrosetevoy adaptatsii parametrov PI-regulyatora kontura toka sistemy upravleniya prokatnoy klet'yu v real'nom vremeni [About neural adaptation of the parameters of the PI-controller of current loop of a control system of a rolling mill in real time], Sistemy upravleniya i informatsionnye tekhnologii [Control systems and information technology], 2016, No. 3 (65), pp. 62-68.