|Article title||METHODS OF AUTOMATIC CONSTRUCTION AND EVALUATION OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT ROUTES BASED ON GEOSPATIAL DATA|
|Authors||A. V. Golubev, M. V. Shcherbakov|
|Section||SECTION III. THE DESIGN AND APPLICATION OF ROBOTIC AND MECHATRONIC SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||09, 2017 @en|
|Abstract||The development of cities is associated with the modernization of the existing network of public transport. Increasing requirements to the quality of the urban environment suggest changes in approaches to solving the problems of urban infrastructure development. The development of the transport system of the city is an important part of public policy, since it significantly affects the quality of life in the city. This is necessary to improve public services, increase business activity, ensure the economic stability of the city, improve the city"s competitiveness. To solve this problem, first of all, it is necessary to take into account the plans for building and development of the city, the laws governing the formation of demand for movement around the city, choose the optimal ways and routes for moving, optimize the number of public transport vehicles, timetables and other factors. Currently, the worldwide collection of data and processing technologies, which are becoming cheaper and cheaper, opens up new opportunities for designers. Mobile operators can receive a huge amount of impersonal data about movement of people in the city. Proceeding from the assumption that a certain person has his own "patterns of displacement", which can be considered as personal transport preferences for displacement. With these data, we can understand the real preferences and needs of people in the urban transport system. This means that it is possible to propose changes in the transport network or even a set of possible alternative options. The problem is how to make a rational choice of the city"s preferred transport network in accordance with: (i) a set of selected quality criteria; (ii) the preferences of decision-makers. For the assessment of the constructed transport network, the following evaluation criteria were used and presented in this paper: (i) the degree of satisfaction of transport demand, (ii) the non-straightness of the transport network, and (iii) its density. In this paper, we propose methods that allow, based on data on the preferences of residents, to formulate, evaluate and modify the scheme of public transport routes.|
|Keywords||City passenger transport; planning of the transport network; decision-making; preferences of residents; transport correspondence; route planning; geo-distributed data; GIS; eCity.|
|References||1. L'vova A. Kak urbanisty issleduyut mobil'nost' gorozhan [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://strelka.com/ru/magazine/2017/01/23/how-to-explore-urban-mobility (accessed 10 September 2017).
2. Golubev A. et al. Strategway: web solutions for building public transportation routes using big geodata analysis, Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services. ACM, 2015, pp. 91.
3. Shcherbakov M.V. i dr. Avtomatizatsiya podderzhki prinyatiya resheniy po razrabotke marshrutov obshchestvennogo transporta na osnove analiza dannykh o korrespondentsiyakh zhiteley [Automated decision support for the development of public transport routes on the basis of the analysis of correspondence of residents], Vestnik komp'yuternykh i informatsionnykh tekhnologiy [Bulletin of computer and information technology], 2016, No. 8, pp. 29-33.
4. Luxen D., Vetter C. Real-time routing with OpenStreetMap data, Proceedings of the 19th ACM SIGSPATIAL international conference on advances in geographic information systems. ACM, 2011, pp. 513-516.
5. Tlegenov B.N. Analiz metodov otsenki i pokazateley kachestva sistemy gorodskogo passazhirskogo transporta [Analysis of evaluation methods and quality indicators of urban passenger transport], Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education], 2012, No. 3.
6. Sadovnikova N. et al. Models and methods for the urban transit system research, Creativity in Intelligent, Technologies and Data Science: First Conference, CIT&DS 2015, Volgograd, Russia, September 15–17, 2015: Proceedings. Springer International Publishing, 2015, pp. 488-499.
7. Ceder A. Designing Public Transport Networks and Routes, Advanced Modeling for Transit Operations and Service Planning. Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2002, pp. 59-91.
8. Nielsen G., Lange T. Network design for public transport success–theory and examples, Norwegian Ministry of Transport and Communications, Oslo, 2008.
9. Gudkov, V.A., Mirotin L.B., Vel'mozhin A.V., Shiryaev S.A. Passazhirskie avtomobil'nye perevozki: uchebnik dlya vuza [Road passenger transport: the textbook for universities], ed. by V.A. Gudkov. Moscow: Goryachaya liniya – Telekom, 2004, 448 p.
10. Bol'shakov A.M. Povyshenie urovnya obsluzhivaniya passazhirov avtobusami na osnove kompleksnoy sistemy upravleniya kachestvom [Increasing the level of passenger service buses on the basis of the integrated quality management system]. Moscow: Transport, 1981, 174 p.
11. Turpishcheva M.S., Nurgaliev E.R. Metodika otsenki kachestva sistemy passazhirskikh avtoperevozok [Methods of evaluation of the quality of passenger transportation system], Vestnik Astrakhanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Vestnik of Astrakhan state technical university], 2014, No. 1, pp. 42-46.
12. Shabanov A.V. Regional'nye logisticheskie sistemy obshchestvennogo transporta: metodologiya formirovaniya i mekhanizm upravleniya [Regional logistical system of public transport: methodology for the formation and control mechanism]. Rostov-on-Don: SKNTs VShch, 2001, 205 p.
13. Varelopulo G.A. Organizatsiya dvizheniya i perevozok na gorodskom passazhirskom trans-porte [Organization of traffic and transport in urban passenger transport]. Moscow: Transport, 1990, 208 p.
14. Spirin I.V. Organizatsiya i upravlenie passazhirskimi avtomobil'nymi perevozkami: ucheb. dlya stud., uchrezhdeniy srednego prof. obrazovaniya [Organization and management of passenger road transport: the textbook for students of institutions of secondary professional educationъ. 5 ed. Moscow: Akademiya, 2010, 400 p.
15. Geographic Library. Available at: https://geographiclib.sourceforge.io/ (accessed 12 accessed 2017).
16. GEO Python. Available at: https://github.com/JerryLeooo/geo_python (accessed 12 accessed 2017).
17. Geospatial Data Abstraction Library. Available at: http://www.gdal.org/ (accessed 12 accessed 2017).
18. PROJ4. Available at: https://github.com/jswhit/pyproj (accessed 12 accessed 2017).
19. Algoritm Floyda-Uorshella [Algorithm Of Floyd-Warshell]. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Floyd–Warshall_algorithm (accessed 12 accessed 2017).
20. Shcherbakov M., Golubev A. An algorithm for initial public transport network design over geospatial data, Smart Cities Conference (ISC2), 2016 IEEE International. IEEE, 2016, pp. 1-7.